It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Wants to Dissolve Electoral College.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It seems that now CNN officially, and the left in general, want to dissolve the electoral college, and to convert the "representative Constitutional republic" into a "direct republic" which is nothing more than a dictatorship of the proletariat.

What's more, is it possible that the real popular vote numbers are being suppressed in an attempt by the left to get the electors change their votes?

Notice the following argument made by left wing professor of political science Robert M. Alexander as CNN interviews him.

Second, and more consequential, if Trump were to suffer an embarrassment like that of the "Access Hollywood" tape between now and December 19th and continue to trail in the popular vote, many Republican electors who may be uneasy with a Trump presidency could be faced with a real crisis of conscience.

www.cnn.com...

We now know the information from 70news.wordpress.com came from someone, or a group of people from within google.

Google officially is claiming they "got that information wrong", yet they got the electoral college votes right for both candidates, even when many news sources are still trailing and claiming Trump only got 290 ec votes when he got 306. Of course, these same sources are giving the full 232 votes to Clinton, but they have not updated the electoral college votes for Trump.

It does seem the left is still working full time in trying to change the election.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

CNN wants to dissolve the Electoral College , how exactly would that work . If i was them i would be concentrating on not losing their viewer base .

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
It does seem the left is still working full time in trying to change the election.

And the media.

It's a GIANT RED FLAG.

This election is not over. Plan C is in effect.
edit on 15-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

CNN wants to dissolve the Electoral College , how exactly would that work . If i was them i would be concentrating on not losing their viewer base .

They have clearly demonstrated how out of touch they are. I doubt they even realize they should be concentrating on that.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
While the electoral college has been long time "paid off" by specific interests and with it's checks and balances done away with, it's quite ironic the MSM(Cinton News Network) cares only now. The Dems got what they put out this time. And the cycle continues.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
President Donald Trump is going to put Steve Bannon in charge of DISOLVING CNN.. and CNN knows it. They'd better be focusing on something more important, like their resumes.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

So, CNN does a segment on the Electoral College debate going on, interviews scholars on both sides of the debate, and that somehow means in your mind that CNN wants to dissolve the Electoral College!

Ironic that your Fox News Google video also claims that Facebook deliberately spread fake news to help the Trump Campaign!

As a reminder:
The Electoral College is a disaster for democracy!
Donald J Trump

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I watched some CNN earlier. The narrative seemed to be Trump's transition team in turmoil and their un-named insider sources are worried. I'm sure there's lots of politicking going on with who should get what job but CNN seems to want to panic people rather than give the new government a chance to fail.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Or...someone within google is actually trying to tell the people the truth, but the mainstream media is proclaiming this is only fake news.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
While the electoral college has been long time "paid off" by specific interests and with it's checks and balances done away with, it's quite ironic the MSM(Cinton News Network) cares only now. The Dems got what they put out this time. And the cycle continues.

Can you explain how the Electoral College CAN be "bought off" .Otherwise,that statement right there earns you my award for "Excellence in Ignorance"
Enjoy

edit on 11/15/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

CNN can GTF.........
Butt hurt bunch of sad sad cry bullies.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

So , basically CNN wants to Destroy the Democratic Republic of the United States by suggesting that ? OK , I see ...........

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Can you explain how the Electoral College CAN be "bought off" .Otherwise,that statement right there earns you my award for "Excellence in Ignorance"
Enjoy

Electoral College Electors are just people, and can succumb to special interests just like any other else.

There is no Constitutional provision or Federal law that requires Electors to vote according to the results of the popular vote in their states. Some states, however, require Electors to cast their votes according to the popular vote. These pledges fall into two categories—Electors bound by state law and those bound by pledges to political parties.
www.archives.gov...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

So, CNN does a segment on the Electoral College debate going on, interviews scholars on both sides of the debate, and that somehow means in your mind that CNN wants to dissolve the Electoral College!

I have to agree with windword on this one - the thread title is misleading.

People are talking about the issue - whether you think it's ridiclous (as I do), or not - so it's definitely fair game for them to be talking with guests about.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

If CNN posts an interview in their videos asking "Should Electoral College be Abolished?" and they give the input from someone who does want to abolish the electoral college, that is not telling you it is what they want?...

Not to mention Facebook Mark whatshisname is a progressive... I have got to wonder how he could be trying to help the Trump campaign...

Then again... CNN, and other mainstream media are still reporting that Trump got 290 ec votes, when he got 306. They are of course giving the full 232 ec votes to Clinton. The source from within google that posted the information on the 70news website got the correct electoral college votes for both candidates before anyone else posted the correct numbers.

How is it a coincidence that this information, which someone from google posted, got the correct EC votes when mainstream media like CNN still want to claim Trump got 290 EC votes?...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
i dont see that happening....

its in the constitution, removing it isnt gonna be a easy task.. and i dont see 3/4 of the states agreeing to it

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
lets not set that level of precedent for bending the constitution, thats all we need is to encourage our next president to start disregarding it completely. as a matter of curiosity, why do we have the electoral college playing middle man instead of allowing the popular vote to go straight to congress? sort of feels like sleight of hand. but maybe im just ignorant of how elections work.
edit on 15-11-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Electoral College Electors REPRESENT Every State in the United States . Any suggestion of somehow Dissolving the Electoral College System would Disenfranchise Ever State in the Union . A Very Dumb Idea.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Enjoy

You're kidding right? Calling ignorance, look in the mirror man. Voters and politicians can't be paid off by special interests? Here's one source for you so you don't think I am BSing with ignorance:

See here

Oh ya,

edit on 15-11-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
President Donald Trump is going to put Steve Bannon in charge of DISOLVING CNN.. and CNN knows it. They'd better be focusing on something more important, like their resumes.

Huh?

Try to sound a little less like a crazed authoritarian if you can manage, please.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join