It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Protesting Liberals In America

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: introvert

who voted for the aca genius?

The Democrats compromised on the ACA with the Republicans, like removing the single-payer/public option, and then the Republicans went back to their obstructionist roots when it came time for a vote.

This is exactly what happened. Republicans managed to get Democrats to compromise on the single payer/public option and that enabled them to go to Private Insurers for a thumbs up to increase premiums on everyone who does not qualify for the ACA subsidy. Private Insurers are bleeding out regular people to get them to scream about ACA -- so they can gain support to remove it.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

In short, it's ok as long as the party I like is in power.

Not surprised.

If you think that the US system of govt is an example of authoritarianism then that is your choice.
My view is that it is probably the greatest example of a free society that has existed on planet earth.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

a compromise means both give

And they did. The Right was able to negotiate the exclusion of a public option in exchange for a preexisting condition clause.

had the dems compromised AT LEAST 1 gop would have voted for it

Not if their goal was to be obstructionists.

the aca got 0 gop votes in either house not a compromise

As I already pointed-out, that is not where the compromise came in to play.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

the aca got 0 gop votes in either house
not a compromise

and you used it as an example of COMPROMISE

rec state right?

The GOP's #1 rule was to never compromise , never cooperate. To make Obama a 1 term president. They believe if they never worked with him, they could blame failure on him and retake the house....

Everyone knows this. Republicans were NEVER trying to compromise or work with Obama at all. Look at the HELL they gave Chris Christie for saying anything nice about Obama. This is a very strict group. Enemies to all but themselves.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

the aca got 0 gop votes in either house
not a compromise

and you used it as an example of COMPROMISE

rec state right?

The GOP's #1 rule was to never compromise , never cooperate. To make Obama a 1 term president. They believe if they never worked with him, they could blame failure on him and retake the house....

Everyone knows this. Republicans were NEVER trying to compromise or work with Obama at all. Look at the HELL they gave Chris Christie for saying anything nice about Obama. This is a very strict group. Enemies to all but themselves.

You are describing the swamp. Watch the Democrats and some RINOs do exactly the same to Trump over the next 2 years leading to the 2018 House and Senate elections

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

we are talking about the pass it before you read it aca correct?

the dems think that is compromise and that is part of the problem

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

we are talking about the pass it before you read it aca correct?

the dems think that is compromise and that is part of the problem

I just pointed-out where they did compromise.

And, as is expected, taking Pelosi's comments out of context. She was speaking to the National Association of Counties and said congress would have to pass the ACA before they, the people in the audience, knew what was in it.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

no she was bragging to het base, she herself didnt know what was in that bill or she would have mentioned at least 1 specific

bs

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vdogg
a reply to: Substracto
Why should we wait? We've listened to the racist and xenophobic bull# he's been peddling for a year now. I'm old fashioned, I take a man at his word. No we will not wait, we will fight him every step of the way so long as we draw breath on this earth. You guys had no respect for Obama. McConnell said from day one that his goal was to make Obama a one term President. Respect is earned, not given, and Karma's a bitch...

And they were wrong to do it, I agree, I personally wanted Obama to succeed, why because in America we are all in the same boat if water goes down we all go down if it rises we all go up. I wanted Obama to succeed but was very disappointed, did the Republican have something to do with it, for sure. It was sabotage. But how much did that really effect Obama, I kept hoping he would actually earn that noble peace prize in the eight years, sadly he never did.

My hope for change was the same for Obama as it is for Trump.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Shameful to protest the will of the people.

Get a better candidate next time.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

a reply to: TechniXcality

So far it looks like the majority voted for Clinton. So your point is invalid.

More American voted for people other then Trump then voted for him but folks on the Right are calling it a mandate and telling people to shut up color.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhereCareful throwing around that "will of the people " tripe. Hillary won the popular vote. Trump is only president due to an antiquated electoral college system that subjugated the will of the majority to the tyranny of the minority.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I just love how you turn people's arguments on their heads and use them against the authors of said arguments.

The SC is not the only appointment president elect Trump will get to make either.

I'm not thrilled at the prospect of Trump's nods to the evangelicals, and agree with Hillary's position on abortion in that I don't think government has any business sticking it's nose in the decision process.

You may now pick your jaws up off the floor.

I personally don't think that abortion should be used as a method of birth control, but it is a decision I will never have to make; I don't think it's my place (or anyone else's) to impose that upon another. If that is something they can live with on their conscience, they are the ones who will be bearing that weight.

Globalism was dealt a heavy blow this weak.

It will retaliate.

The 'ground troops' may be whingeing and crying, but I guarantee Soros, the Bushes, the Rothschilds, Rockerfellers, the U.K. Royals, the Saudi Royals, etc. etc. etc. will not just quit scheming and conniving because they didn't get their puppet installed.

I wonder how much $$$ they will pour into the 'protestors?' They ought to educate them somewhat before they send them out to chant and make a ruckus; they sound like utterly useful idiots when they get thrust before a camera a mic.

Will they try for an 'American Spring?'

I am willing to give Trump a chance, but I won't hesitate to roast him when it becomes deserving.

It will become quickly apparent if his 'anti establishment' rhetoric has teeth or not.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I did not vote, primarily because I generally do not, and secondly because I could not support any of the 4 main candidates on the ballot. There is also the Libertarian, and Green party, which I do like to some degree. I would like to vote, especially for referendums, but my state had none. The only thing I really like about Trump is that he says what he wants to say, and he stated a couple issues I agree upon, that being said his solutions are generally the same old rhetoric, or do not address core issues, and some of the things he says does stimulate certain fractions of the population that promote division, and or hate. Him wining is a slap in the face to radical leftists who have become excessive in their pursuits, to the degree of infringing upon individual freedom, and villainizing people who do not agree with their ideals, yet they believe they are "progressive" in spite of carrying out "hidden agendas" unconsciously... They can't distinguish between personal choices, and government duties at times, hence I enjoy the Libertarians stance in this regard... That being said I don't believe Trump is a true Republican or necessarily "awake", but he can really blow some holes into the establishment if he wishes, so we will see what actions he takes, and the people he appoints... Of course we should not give all our power to one individual, and he certainty does not have all the power, especially given how the government functions and if people want to continue to blow holes to the establishment then we must act too, and support actions that favor this, and let go of the ones that don't... I can understand the concerns of some people, and the protests, they can protest, they are in their right to protest, what most of them fail to see is that, their protests will likely be futile, as he is the president elect, and many want him as president for reasons they fail to acknowledge, and too easily associate them with bigotry which only fuels them more... At the end of the day it does not matter who is president, as long as we live in a controlled system- an illusion... He should have little to no bearing on what happens to us, because we should be empowered enough to make our own decisions, or at least working towards this, with in reason. I feel like much will change, as this has shifted the energies in a major way, we who know a little bit about what is really going on, have the responsibility to shift the collective into the next level towards a more expansive reality, towards truth, towards wisdom, towards breaking from of all this 3D nonsense that we are quickly outgrowing towards the 4D Earth. Those who want to remain in 3D let them, no time to waste. Now is the time to ask deeply - what do I want, and to move unabashedly towards those things- to create what has never been created on Earth before! Step by step- practically. To be authentically you. But we must first find out what it is that we truly want, and what gives us the most excitement- joy, and take the next steps... To clear our minds of the clouds, and beliefs we hold on to that do not belong to us... To truly be in authentic alignment, to feel it, to be it, clearly. There is no one size fits all, for each of us that will be different yet synchronistic...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

You know what is also BS? That we don't already have a vetting system for refugees. Most of the Muslims who have committed or tried to commit acts of terrorism were either U.S. citizens or they were radicalized AFTER they came here.

Radicalization of Muslims who go to the ME, or who get in some contact with already radicalized cells in the U.S. is a problem. But you don't solve a problem by adding tens of thousands more problems from areas which we know are radicalized. Not all are extremists, but until they can be vetted there is no way to know for certain. Just look at what happened to France in the last Muslim extremist attack, or in several cities across Germany in New Year's eve.... That's what will happen in the U.S. if Muslim immigrants, or ANY immigrant is not vetted.

But then again, there is the fact that the Obama administration has been releasing criminal aliens in the U.S., and have used several ways to try to bring chaos into the U.S. The Obama administration has been a puppet regime of Soros and other globalists. Now the extreme left, the Soros zombies, are taking to the streets trying to reverse the decision of Trump being President and are trying to make Hillary President instead because many of you don't want to accept the other side winning.

1 million sign petition to ‘make Hillary president’

‘Die Whites Die’: Anti-Trump Rioters Vandalize NOLA Monuments

Look at the last one...as if Hillary Clinton wasn't white...

edit on 10-11-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Before the election closed many of us knew; if Hillary wins or loses we still will have war. I miss the time when Dems were more liberal, being against war. Now it's a pending on a civil war.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
The woman's body thing is your opinion. What about all the people who consider that it is murder of babies? Obviously your opinions do not represent the majority of the country or Hillary would have won. She didn't. So don't justify violence of these protesters with your opinions.

Actually, she won the popular vote. I guess you never learned about the electoral college in school.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: andrewh7

originally posted by: FauxMulder
The woman's body thing is your opinion. What about all the people who consider that it is murder of babies? Obviously your opinions do not represent the majority of the country or Hillary would have won. She didn't. So don't justify violence of these protesters with your opinions.

Actually, she won the popular vote. I guess you never learned about the electoral college in school.

Hillary did not win the majority of votes, though. Her supporters are in the minority. Just like FauxMulder said.

I think today that the President sealed the dismantling of his legacy by calling Trump unfit to be President and uniquely unqualified, after smiling to his face at the Whitehouse. What a coward. He just gave Trump and the Republicans the impetus to push for all their policies.
edit on 11/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

THE MAJORITY OF STATES REJECTED PROGRESSIVE IDEOLOGY, SORRY.. Yes New York which is heavily populated and California gave Hillary more votes BUT THE STATES AS A WHOLE LITERALLY REJECTED YOUR IDEOLOGY AND VOTED GOP FROM THE TOP DOWN IN GOVERNMENT DEAL WITH IT

The majority of states, yes. Not the people.

No, the majority of states AND the majority of people rejected the Democrat party and Hillary Clinton.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

Who are you? Neville Bloody Chamberlain?

Appeasement worked so well... shame about everything that came after mind!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join