It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay --- so WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I'm sure the retards take the resulting anger and disgust as proof they were right, since they clearly lack the skills to figure it out on their own. They can only observe and look for anger. If their opponents are angry, must be good... Fing morons.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Not that such seems to necessarily be a good thing in my opinion... I prefer balance...

It may need to be out of balance for awhile. We're too divided to be governed by the same government anymore. If Republicans push for, as they are generally want to do, and are affective in relegating some of the more contentious issues, those that reasonably can be dealt with on a state by state basis, to the states to decide on, then maybe, just maybe we can preserve the Union and some sense among the larger portion of the governed that things are alright, not perfect, but alright.

We're in a time now when the enemy of the better is the best. We're not going to get nationwide consensus on many of the issues that divide us today, which would be the best outcome. Insisting that we can, trying to force that consensus, prevents us from pursing the less than best, but the better than now, which is allowing states to make the call when it's not strictly necessary that it be done at the Federal level.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

One of my greatest personality flaws is being too much of a perfectionist. I have been told by several people that such is what makes me better as a research engineer, but I also realize it can otherwise be a liability. Your wisdom reinforces that point.

Were a robot to demonstrate the actions I have personally witnessed during and after this electionary cycle, my response would be to immediately begin repairs... I would consider it as malfunctioning. But humans are not androids; humans are not our creations and we, as humans ourselves, have no right to thusly diagnose or repair them. The perfectionist engineer in me, however, can't help to wonder at the hate and vitriol being expressed, as evidenced just above in this post.

I sadly agree with your assessment. Perhaps humanity needs more time to emotionally evolve into a less violent, less tribal species. I say 'sadly' because I am personally quite interested in other cultures... but it seems those cultures are simply incompatible with each other. Technology seems to have outgrown our ability to adapt, and the concept of state rights is thus another testimony to the wisdom of our Founding Fathers.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Wow...so - this is new. Quite a "next step":

(I, for one, applaud it!)

While this headline is inflammatory, please keep in mind that it protects EVERYONE who is not Christian: atheists, muslims, wiccans, jews, pagans, etc. No more picking on NON-CHRISTIANS. (Just like no more picking on gays!):

HISTORIC: Obama Just Signed A Law That Will Grant Protection To Atheists From Being Persecuted

and

Frank R. Wolf International Religious Freedom Act Becomes Law as reported by Family Research Council:

This past Friday, President Obama signed into law H.R. 1150, the Frank R. Wolf International Religious Freedom Act. (Congress had passed H.R. 1150 just a few days before on December 13th) The law was introduced by Congressman Chris Smith, a well-known defender of human rights, and named in honor of longtime religious freedom champion, retired Congressman Frank Wolf.

Everyone who helped this bill become law should be commended. It will strengthen ways for religious freedom to be better supported and protected around the world, and highlights the critical role religious freedom should play in U.S. foreign policy.

The passage of this law is a nice Christmas gift. We now hope it is acted upon and fully implemented.

For the record, I first found it here: One Nation. No God. Period.

Daily Kos is a forum like ATS. I highly recommend it for its investigative, sourced, articulate and reasoned threads and posts.

edit on 12/21/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

For those who want to read the actual bill: www.congress.gov...

I have no immediate concerns with the intent of the bill to promote freedom of religion, but I do see a concern over who it is targeted at. I would love to see global religious freedom, but the fact that we are promoting anything, really, in other nations concerns me. We do not run the planet. Maybe I am reading it wrong, but I think sanctions toward theocracy especially, while good in my personal view, could involve us in International diplomatic incidents.

For now, though, I'll take a wait-and-see approach to this one.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Oh! And today in news:

both the FBI and the CIA agree that Russia worked very hard to affect the outcome of our elections this year. Trump supporters are super duper sad emoji angry and devil face about this.

History Channel makes a bold statement—totally factual—and Trump supporters are losing their minds

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I could easily mark a couple hundred trees whose removal would not harm the forest. I never did, because everyone I contacted was only interested in clear cutting.

Hey, TheRedneck, I think I found a local guy to do the job for you

Mobile, Alabama, Thanks Trump By Giving The Ax To An Old-Growth Tree

I think I have his name somewhere on my desk..... here it is....

Colby Cooper, the mayor’s chief of staff, took the blame and issued this apology Sunday night:

“Yesterday’s visit by President-Elect Trump to the City of Mobile was an incredible opportunity to showcase our City and offer a great event to those attending.

In preparing for this event, I worked closely with the advance team. In an effort to make sure every detail was covered and the expectations of the President-Elect’s team were exceeded, I became overzealous.

I now know there are citizens who are upset and offended that a tree from a City park was used as part of the decorations for the event. I accept full responsibility for having this done.

For this, I sincerely apologize. Going forward, I will be more sensitive to the spectrum of concerns regarding trees.”

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Ok, I'm getting a little troubled over what I have been thinking about Trump's health.

Shortly after the horrible Berlin attack, Trump issued a statement containing the following

“ISIS and other Islamist terrorists continually slaughter Christians in their communities and places of worship as part of their global jihad.”

but then on Wednesday (about 48 hours after the above statement)

Reporter: "Your comments about the truck attack in Berlin being against Christians, do think that this might….”

Trump: "Say it again?

Reporter: "The attack in Berlin being an attack on Christians….”

Trump: "Who said that? When was that said?”

Reporter: I believe you said it in a press release….”

First, he seems to have trouble with his hearing. During the campaign there were incidents when he said he could not hear the question. Ok, so then he goes on to not remember what he had said 48 hours before. This is most troubling, as I am more and more reminded of Ronald Reagan's "I do not remember", "I do not recall" statements. Reagan had Alzheimer's. There was a sham of a doctor's health report on Trump.

The power of the new Congress will be increased if the Republican Party has finally glommed on to a POTUS who will be told what to say (and do) by, for ex, his new counselor, Conway.

"continue her role as a close advisor to the president and will work with senior leadership to effectively message and execute the Administration's legislative priorities and actions.”

source

Iran-Contra was carried out by a POTUS who couldn't recall, so who knows what will happen under this one, who also is already having trouble recalling.

And RR was back in a time when Congress could still compromise. Now? The new Congress could care little about compromise and merely send legislative action to the other branch to rubber stamp.

If we end up de-powering the federal govt to pre-Constitutional level, we will then be back to a de facto Articles of Confederation. Nice. Going Backwards. Like Shoots and Ladders, a giant slide back to square one.

IMO this all does not bode well for us. We will no longer need to say the Pledge of Allegiance. No more "one Nation", "indivisible", with "liberty and justice for all.”. A national anthem? Why?

With nothing on which to compromise, it will be even more important to speak truth to lies and to stand together in opposition.
edit on 22-12-2016 by desert because: punc

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

Not exactly local... Mobile is farther from me than Cincinnati.

I also don't think he would be interested in messing around in my little patch of woods.

Finally, I think you misunderstand the situation. This here is not like a park or a grove of old trees. This is 90 acres of virgin hardwood forest that we know has existed virtually untouched for over a century. That 90 acres I have is connected to at least a thousand acres owned by other families. One can walk at a steady pace for a few hours and never see evidence of another human. Some areas are too dense to even walk through.

I've been to California, so I understand the misconception. You have some of the most majestic scenery in the country, but to be honest, your forests for the most part are thin and young (with a few obvious exceptions like the Lake Tahoe region and redwood preserves). California is a different environment that has adapted to the regular wildfires and lack of abundant water. Here water is abundant and wildfires are rare. The forests are much thicker and more lush than you're used to.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

That be correct. The eastern half of the United States IS woods/forests! And what woods we had out here are long gone to agriculture and cities. I like what you said about private landholdings making it look like what out here we might call "public land". I think Americans need to visit and appreciate all their own country before heading out for other countries.

As the United States spread west such lush land was found less and less. Both the lack of water and the land not suitable for farming (mountainous ravines, ex) meant that the federal govt ended up with lots of land under their jurisdiction, as it wasn't picked up by states or individuals for private use.

There are indeed jewels of the National Park system, like the ones in the Sierra Nevadas, but it seems that a trip to see our forests involves ascending up mountains, increasing in elevation, whereas "back East" (as my parents always referred to it) the beauty was a short car ride away on relatively level roads. I used to look at my parents old photo albums and wonder how they ended up loving the deserts out West, when they had had so much greenery "back East". Some people never get used to the flora out here. I happened to have inherited their love for the desert lands.
edit on 22-12-2016 by desert because: nothing big

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

If I get time between a wife recently diagnosed with diabetes, a mother in rehab after an extended hospital stay, trying to finish one project and get a grant presentation ready for another one, getting ready for Christmas, and desperately trying to get to work enough to get a paycheck, I'll take a picture of my back yard. I don't have to go near a car; I have unspoiled nature right here.

And I plan on keeping it right here.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Daily Kos is a forum like ATS. I highly recommend it for its investigative, sourced, articulate and reasoned threads and posts.

Did you type that with a straight face?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Kellyanne Conway is to be the "Trump whisperer." Eegads.
45: The Transition
Trump names campaign manager Kellyanne Conway as White House counselor to the president

Conway said at a Women Rule Summit in Washington last month that it would be a “bad idea, bad idea, bad idea, bad idea for mom going inside.”

But then she caved. Now she's golden. I wonder how she and Ivanka get along....I see cat-fights on the horizon. And I also see Kate McKinnon doing this:

edit on 12/23/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

No hurry. It will be worth the wait.

The only place I can think of in CA that remotely resembles back East would be Humboldt County (extreme northwest) , but it is in a different climate. And the trees are different.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Kellyanne Conway is to be the "Trump whisperer."

This is what is really troubling to me. Give the Devil her due, she was really good with the campaign, but all I can think of now is that SHE will be the one shaping Trump's ideology, which translates to Conway (and those she talks with) as being responsible for the Presidency, not Trump. The POTUS has advisors for input for the ultimate decision that must be made by the Pres alone, but the advisors are not actually telling the POTUS what to do.... in theory.

I am reminded of royalty, where the next in line governs, and with a weak ascendant to the throne, advisors can have too great an influence over policy.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Conway (and those she talks with) as being responsible for the Presidency, not Trump. The POTUS has advisors for input for the ultimate decision that must be made by the Pres alone, but the advisors are not actually telling the POTUS what to do.... in theory.

I am reminded of royalty, where the next in line governs, and with a weak ascendant to the throne, advisors can have too great an influence over policy.

Not she alone, either. Palin, Perry, Pence, Beck, Limbaugh, Jones, O'Reilly, Hannity, Robertson (both of them), et al.....

Just to add: I have a newfound respect for Megyn Kelly.....

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

Kellyanne Conway is to be the "Trump whisperer."

This is what is really troubling to me. Give the Devil her due, she was really good with the campaign, but all I can think of now is that SHE will be the one shaping Trump's ideology, which translates to Conway (and those she talks with) as being responsible for the Presidency, not Trump. The POTUS has advisors for input for the ultimate decision that must be made by the Pres alone, but the advisors are not actually telling the POTUS what to do.... in theory.

And that is why I'm anticipating "cat-fights" between Ivanka and Kellyanne.

WHAT THE HELL???

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Buzzy, I go back to the OP. The coming year will be filled with both unpredictable and predictable, and we must be prepared for both. Is it war?

Well, I just wanted to say at the moment, I wish you and your family a holiday time filled with all the Wonders of the Season. As for me, I have decorated and prepared in a more subdued way this year. Still a time of year for celebration, just not as festive. Yesterday, with horror, I realized I had overlooked a seasonal event that I have become accustomed to, I overlooked the Winter Solstice.

Tracking the Sun never occurred to me until about 25 years ago, when I moved into a house that had a great view of the Autumnal Equinox. Then about 20 years ago I moved into where I live now and have a south facing glass slider onto a balcony that affords me another view to track. And when we would spend a couple months (in Fall and Spring times) camped in the silence and solitude of the desert, it was fun to watch the different locations of the Sun on the horizon.

Unlike my ancient ancestors in Europe, many people nowadays take the Sun for granted. Those not involved directly in the raising of crops for food, for survival, seem to no longer make that ancient connection with sunlight and Life. It is no accident that the Christmas we celebrate started in Europe. On a certain bleak day, the Sun was at its furthest in its journey away from us; would it come back, to ensure our survival? Would it come back and provide us with its Light? By a few days later, we would know for sure that the Sun was going to come back to us, we would have the Light to survive another year!

And so it is that at this time of year, Light is so important. Darkness and Light are a part of Life, they will always co-exist. But it is at this time of year that we celebrate the certainty that the Light of The World will always be there for us. It is so important that humanity hold this Light in our Hearts, for that is how we are to survive. There is no other way.

Always, but especially in the bleakest times of Life, may we still look to the Light in our Hearts and in the Hearts of Others to know that Light will always be there to overcome Darkness. And so, may you and your family be blessed with a Circle of Illuminated Hearts surrounding you this coming year!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Yes, Merry Christmas to all and may the Trump Supporters hearts grow three sizes.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I hope we all can enjoy at least one little bit of our 'national holiday' here.....and everyone else around the world who celebrates these SHORTEST and LONGEST daylight hours - or however you like to frame it....

edit on 12/24/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join