It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom charged and kids taken away for treating daughters seizures with cannabis butter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well this is just outrageous

An Idaho mom has had her kids taken from her and been charged with 'injury to a miner' for treating her daughters seizures with 1 tablespoon of cannabis butter.

And guess what it worked she said the seizures just stopped. So a couple hours later she takes the kid to the DR. and instead of saying oh wow Im so glad its working they promptly call CPS and the cops and get her charged.

And now the kid has to have seizures and be miserable again and to top it all off she does not get to see her own mother. IMO when there is something available that helps a child not have violent seizures it amounts to torture to not make it available to them.

And you get these idiot cops screaming from the top of their pedestal

pot is illegal "It can cause brain development issues with a child, so we view that as unsafe or illegal," said Shanahan. "We want children to be in a safe place."

I guess a safe place is a padded room so kids can have violent seizures without needing pot butter.

I really hate these people who drink their coffee and smoke their cigarettes and drink their booze and pop their prescription pills , then look down their nose and judge people for a little weed.

GET OVER YOURSELVES .

Last month, Kelsey Osborne, a Gooding mother of two, had her children taken from her after she gave her daughter a smoothie with marijuana in it as an attempt to stop her seizures.

A month later, the two children - Madyson and Ryker - are still living with their father and Osborne is still trying to get them back.

"I didn't ever think it would come down to this, but it did," Osborne told KTVB. "It tore me apart."

She says her 3-year-old daughter has a history of seizures, but one morning early October, it was worse than ever before.

"They would stop and come back, stop and come back with the hallucinations and everything else," Osborne said.

At the time of her seizure, Madyson was withdrawing from a medication called Risperdal, which is used to treat schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder. Osborne says when she couldn't calm her daughter down, she gave Madyson a smoothie with a tablespoon of marijuana-infused butter.

"Everything stopped 30 minutes later," said Osborne.

www.ktvb.com...
edit on 7-11-2016 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Sadly just one more example that the laws against drugs are more harmful than what they're supposed to protect you from.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If it doesn´t raise the profits of the big pharma, it doesn´t help and is even a crime.

Even if in reality maybe nothing else helps better, but who cares for the health of the wage-slaves, if big pharma is losing profits...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
When I hear democrats talk about helping kids and being so "progressive" and "ideas of the future" it is so pathetic that something like this has to happen. Where the hell is our president? at a concert or campaigning, why is it not rescheduled? Where are these great ideas? I don't see them.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I read this story... and while I don't think cannibis is bad, I think feeding high amounts of THC to your child will have detrimental effects of some sort. There is evidence that bombarding a developing brain's cannibinoid receptors with THC early in life might "calibrate" them wrong. Not sure what that means physiologically speaking, but it can't be good.

Not to mention giving your child that much cannibutter on a daily basis might result in the child being in a drowsy state constantly, because cannibutter will knock you the hell out.

Sure, if you're an adult and get seizures, Cerebral palsy, obsessive compulsive disorders and such, eat all the brownies you want or toke up, there's a cornicopia of evidence that marijuana will help you out, but if you have a young child with a disorder try to go with pure CBD... it'll help out with the physical effects, but the psychoactive effects will be almost zero and your kid won't have to be a zombie to reap the benefits.

I really wish that CBD at least was legalized so that you could actually get a prescription for it, because going through breeders and concentrates might be prohibitively expensive.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Everything stopped 30 minutes later.

Yeah, far be It from me to defend this, I don't...

But that is not exactly empirical evidence that the butter worked.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: beeeyotch
When I hear democrats talk about helping kids and being so "progressive" and "ideas of the future" it is so pathetic that something like this has to happen. Where the hell is our president? at a concert or campaigning, why is it not rescheduled? Where are these great ideas? I don't see them.

And you think anti-pot republicans are better?

Take the cup of kool-aid out your mouth.......

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

So you think violent seizures might be a little more detrimental? I think its probably a great trade off.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
I read this story... and while I don't think cannibis is bad, I think feeding high amounts of THC to your child will have detrimental effects of some sort. There is evidence that bombarding a developing brain's cannibinoid receptors with THC early in life might "calibrate" them wrong. Not sure what that means physiologically speaking, but it can't be good.

Not to mention giving your child that much cannibutter on a daily basis might result in the child being in a drowsy state constantly, because cannibutter will knock you the hell out.

Sure, if you're an adult and get seizures, Cerebral palsy, obsessive compulsive disorders and such, eat all the brownies you want or toke up, there's a cornicopia of evidence that marijuana will help you out, but if you have a young child with a disorder try to go with pure CBD... it'll help out with the physical effects, but the psychoactive effects will be almost zero and your kid won't have to be a zombie to reap the benefits.

I really wish that CBD at least was legalized so that you could actually get a prescription for it, because going through breeders and concentrates might be prohibitively expensive.

The detrimental effects of THC are inconsequential if it enables a child to live a semi normal life by eliminating constant debilitating seizures.
edit on 7-11-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

How? If you have a headache and take an aspirin and the headache goes away isnt that empirical evidence?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

How? If you have a headache and take an aspirin and the headache goes away isnt that empirical evidence?

No, it isn't really.

Sometimes the headache just goes away.
This is just as possible with the OP.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
But its schedule 1 people, just as bad a heroin!

There are better extracts to use that dont get you high that people use for epilepsy. But really only legal wherever you are not!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

No, it isn't really.

Well her seizures never just went away until she tried the butter. "last resort" and all. But the people in charge are not interested in letting her try it again.

And then there is people like you that say you dont defend it but still demand empirical evidence. LOL

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

No, it isn't really.

Well her seizures never just went away until she tried the butter. "last resort" and all. But the people in charge are not interested in letting her try it again.

And then there is people like you that say you dont defend it but still demand empirical evidence. LOL

I'm not demanding anything, mate.
I'm just saying the seizures could just have stopped at that time.
& I never even said I believe that to be the case.
All I said is that it's not empirical evidence.

Some people won't accept it and really you'd have to be an idiot to tell the authorities in any case.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408 you'd have to be an idiot to tell the authorities in any case.

But she didn't. She told her child's doctor that a plant might help her daughter.

You know...plants.....what MOST medicines are naturally derived from or were synthetically derived from?

edit on 11/7/2016 by AlbanArthur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Let's blame the doctors, the cops, the politicians and the people (pharmaceuticals) who pay the politicians obscene amounts of money to get them elected
Or the idiots who vote for them

No research into marijuana?

Better to just give people chemicals that have mostly unknown side effects concocted in a lab somewhere
edit on 7-11-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter

You must not be familiar with barbiturates and benzodiazepines, which are the pharmaceutical medical treatments for seizures. They also knock you the hell out...it's how they stop the seizure activity in the first place. They're also full of adverse side effects, especially in children. The moms solution was much safer. Big pharma knows that, too.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What I fail to understand is why she loses custody over trying to medicate her own child, albeit with an illegal substance.

Give her whatever charges are associated with the procurement of the illegal substance, let her follow whatever course there is for medicating and doctoring children, slap her on the wrist as much as you want but for the love of humanity why would you want to disconnect the bond between a mother and her children so easily.

Is there more to the story, like how is her relationship with the father of the children, does she have a past of drug abuse... I just can't spin my head around losing custody of your kids so easily...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If it allows the child to have something resembling a life... its criminal that they cannot use it without facing punishment by the state.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Balans
What I fail to understand is why she loses custody over trying to medicate her own child, albeit with an illegal substance.

Give her whatever charges are associated with the procurement of the illegal substance, let her follow whatever course there is for medicating and doctoring children, slap her on the wrist as much as you want but for the love of humanity why would you want to disconnect the bond between a mother and her children so easily.

Is there more to the story, like how is her relationship with the father of the children, does she have a past of drug abuse... I just can't spin my head around losing custody of your kids so easily...

Because to a lot of people Drugs=Criminal and Criminal=Bad person that shouldn't be raising kids. Part of the idiocy people have been taught about drugs and drug users for decades.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join