It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom charged and kids taken away for treating daughters seizures with cannabis butter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
If you live in that kind of state, you don't tell the doctors.

However, if I was her, those kids would be instructed to call and I'd rescue them, and we'd be out of there and in the end.

People truly have to be free from this evil rule by satanic murderous slaving neocons! We're sovereign and the seeds of the earth are God's meds.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

If you live in that kind of state, you don't tell the doctors
a reply to: Unity_99

Exactly! It's a shame that she couldn't be honest with her kids' doctor, but that's just how it is. I would never disclose that to my doctor. Though I have told him that during a trip to CO I was able to verify that cannabis oil greatly helps my condition. Can't argue too much with that.

I feel really bad for this momma.

edit on 7-11-2016 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Balans
What I fail to understand is why she loses custody over trying to medicate her own child, albeit with an illegal substance.

Give her whatever charges are associated with the procurement of the illegal substance, let her follow whatever course there is for medicating and doctoring children, slap her on the wrist as much as you want but for the love of humanity why would you want to disconnect the bond between a mother and her children so easily.

Is there more to the story, like how is her relationship with the father of the children, does she have a past of drug abuse... I just can't spin my head around losing custody of your kids so easily...

Pretty sick isn't it? Idaho is rated one of the worst states(3rd in a ranking-see the site below) for marijuana.

The state has allowed a select few parents to legally used MM for their children.

Legalization. Idaho’s conservative legislature recently passed Senate Bill 1146, allowing no-THC, high-CBD cannabis oil. This has allowed just four children to access CBD oil to treat their severe epilepsy.
Source
Of course, as shown in this case, it is not enough. The Governor Butch Otter,had literally put a ban on marijuana as did the state put a ban on medical treatment with it, and as mentioned in the article, many have tried for some time now to change this even before the ban.

-Ex Idaho resident who tried to help change this nonsense(but will still participate from afar)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
I read this story... and while I don't think cannibis is bad, I think feeding high amounts of THC to your child will have detrimental effects of some sort. There is evidence that bombarding a developing brain's cannibinoid receptors with THC early in life might "calibrate" them wrong. Not sure what that means physiologically speaking, but it can't be good.

However, those studies were not conclusive,

Basically, this new study is saying that these teenagers were going to see cognitive decline whether they were engaging in marijuana use or not – there’s something else at play. That’s not to say that there aren’t other potential harmful effects that can be caused by cannabis, necessarily, just that the preceding research wasn’t entirely on-point. It’s important to keep in mind that there is a lot more research to be done, however.

- Source / More on the twin study

Not to mention giving your child that much cannibutter on a daily basis might result in the child being in a drowsy state constantly, because cannibutter will knock you the hell out.

Sure, if you're an adult and get seizures, Cerebral palsy, obsessive compulsive disorders and such, eat all the brownies you want or toke up, there's a cornicopia of evidence that marijuana will help you out, but if you have a young child with a disorder try to go with pure CBD... it'll help out with the physical effects, but the psychoactive effects will be almost zero and your kid won't have to be a zombie to reap the benefits.

I really wish that CBD at least was legalized so that you could actually get a prescription for it, because going through breeders and concentrates might be prohibitively expensive.

Exactly so there would be less trouble with dosages, etc.
edit on 8-11-2016 by dreamingawake because: quote issue

edit on 8-11-2016 by dreamingawake because: /

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111
Well this is just outrageous

An Idaho mom has had her kids taken from her and been charged with 'injury to a miner' for treating her daughters seizures with 1 tablespoon of cannabis butter.

And guess what it worked she said the seizures just stopped. So a couple hours later she takes the kid to the DR. and instead of saying oh wow Im so glad its working they promptly call CPS and the cops and get her charged.

And now the kid has to have seizures and be miserable again and to top it all off she does not get to see her own mother. IMO when there is something available that helps a child not have violent seizures it amounts to torture to not make it available to them.

And you get these idiot cops screaming from the top of their pedestal

pot is illegal "It can cause brain development issues with a child, so we view that as unsafe or illegal," said Shanahan. "We want children to be in a safe place."

I guess a safe place is a padded room so kids can have violent seizures without needing pot butter.

I really hate these people who drink their coffee and smoke their cigarettes and drink their booze and pop their prescription pills , then look down their nose and judge people for a little weed.

GET OVER YOURSELVES .

Last month, Kelsey Osborne, a Gooding mother of two, had her children taken from her after she gave her daughter a smoothie with marijuana in it as an attempt to stop her seizures.

A month later, the two children - Madyson and Ryker - are still living with their father and Osborne is still trying to get them back.

"I didn't ever think it would come down to this, but it did," Osborne told KTVB. "It tore me apart."

She says her 3-year-old daughter has a history of seizures, but one morning early October, it was worse than ever before.

"They would stop and come back, stop and come back with the hallucinations and everything else," Osborne said.

At the time of her seizure, Madyson was withdrawing from a medication called Risperdal, which is used to treat schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder. Osborne says when she couldn't calm her daughter down, she gave Madyson a smoothie with a tablespoon of marijuana-infused butter.

"Everything stopped 30 minutes later," said Osborne.

www.ktvb.com...
if people think this is something, just wait until the nwo kicks in

top topics

<< 1   >>

join