It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: A Military-Governmental-Industrial Conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Rabble News cuts right to the chase. "A military-governmental-industrial conspiracy?" is the headline for an article about Prime Minister Paul Martin's choice of Frank McKenna as Canada's next Ambassador to the United States. McKenna chairs The Carlyle Group's advisory board in Canada and is close to the Bush family, also connected to the Carlyle Group. The Carlyle Group is a huge private equity firm, heavily invested in the arms industry, and a key player in many conspiracy theories. Rabble predicts "corporate integration on the continent."

www.rabble.ca
...The role of U.S. envoy will position McKenna to play handmaiden to corporate aspirations in Canada, including Canadian-based subcontracts for the U.S. military. The result will be a deeper corporate integration on the continent and a further drift away from any distinction between Canadian sovereignty and American manifest destiny.

McKenna chairs the Canadian advisory board to The Carlyle Group, which bills itself as the world's largest private equity-investment firm. Carlyle's US$18.9 billion in assets include heavy investments in munitions and weapons systems manufacturing. Among its most profitable military interests is United Defense Industries Incorporated — the U.S. army's fifth-largest contractor and builder of armoured vehicles, missile launchers, artillery, defence electronics and naval guns.

McKenna has stated that he wants to see more Canadian investment in Carlyle... Despite criticism from organizations such as the Council of Canadians and the Canadian Labour Congress, McKenna defends the Canada Pension Plan's investment of US$60 million of Canadians' accumulated pension contributions into a Carlyle venture fund.

(FYI) Carlyle's investors ...included the Bin Laden Group, ...(until) October 26, 2001...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

An email circulating from the Council of Canadians lists "5 Things You Should Know About Frank McKenna."

1. McKenna is on the Carlyle Canada Advisory Board.

The Carlyle Group is a mammoth private equity firm with more than $18.9 billion under management. One of its companies has been United Defense, a U.S. arms manufacturer that builds artillery, naval guns, missile launchers, and munitions bought by the U.S. Department of Defense. When President George W. Bush declared the "War on Terror" and increased military spending, the Carlyle Group profited. In 2002, the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board invested US $60 million over five years in the Carlyle Venture Partners II fund. This fund's portfolio includes DHS Technologies, a military command post manufacturer, and ISR Solutions, the maker of homeland security products such as fingerprint scanners. The Carlyle Group maintained its interest in United Defense until 2004.

2. McKenna sees little threat to Canadian sovereignty.

In 2002, ...McKenna said, "the United States wants to create a continental defence structure. I'm not troubled by that concept. I personally don't believe that our sovereignty is at risk in participating in such an exercise."

3. McKenna supports freer trade with the U.S.

...Allan Gotlieb, the Canadian ambassador to the U.S at the time of the first free trade agreement, now sits with McKenna on the Carlyle Canada Advisory Board.

4. Is McKenna too close to the Bush family?

In 2002, McKenna organized a meeting between the Carlyle Group and Canadian business leaders. Former president George Bush Sr. (a Carlyle Group board member from 1998-2003) was the keynote speaker, golfed with McKenna, and stayed as a guest at McKenna's home. According to a recent news report, former prime minister Brian Mulroney, accompanied by Bush Sr., met with President Bush in the White House this January and told him that McKenna is a "reliable guy and you can count on him."

5. McKenna has more business than diplomatic experience.

...McKenna's experience with the U.S. seems limited to business dealings.

(The Council says): The Prime Minister must keep his word and allow the Foreign Affairs committee to review McKenna's candidacy.

Council of Canadians email.

It doesn't take rocket science to see we're looking at a continental corporate takeover, set in motion by the Canada and Mexico Free Trade Agreements, then NAFTA. The so-called "trade" agreements never were about trade. Just like the upcoming North American "security" agreements are not about security.

Call it Canada-US Relations, NAFTA, security, whatever - it's all about the corporatization of government, and the NWO strategy to "restructure" nations as corporations, and continents as mega-corporations.

FYI - Private corporations are much more powerful than nation-corporations under international law, mainly because nations remain constrained by international treaties, while private corporations are immune. Which makes private corporations the top dogs in the NWO, and nation-corporations low man on the totem pole. McKenna is coming onboard to help make sure the program proceeds according to plan.

If you think it all makes good sense, just remember: Shareholders do NOT have a say in anything much, unless they own a controlling block. Your "rights of citizenship" soon will be reduced to be nothing more than a noncontrolling shareholder's vote.

It's a whole new ballgame sports fans. Forget what you learned about democratic "checks and balances." If you want to know how your government really works, start studying corporate law.

Related News Links:
www.thestar.com
www.canoe.ca
www.canadians.org< br />

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
NEWS: US Brokers Continental Corporate Takeover
ATS: U.S. Department of Homeland Security Now Enforcing Patent Law?
OP/ED: Homeland Security Abuses And Careless Neighbors
OP/ED: War Games, Big Money and the Plummeting USD

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This article seems related to something I saw.

Funny, but of all places, I saw this organization's infomercial on the NASA channel one day a few weeks ago. I believe the video on the website may be the same thing they played on the NASA channel.

www.stoptheftaa.org...

They claim the FTAA is an expansion of NAFTA in the style of the EU but deeper. Basically the Americas as a whole become an entire trading bloc, traditional borders disappear, and the economy of the bloc dictates migration.

Next thing you know, everyones speaking Francen-Spanglish.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON

They claim the FTAA is an expansion of NAFTA in the style of the EU but deeper. Basically the Americas as a whole become an entire trading bloc, traditional borders disappear, and the economy of the bloc dictates migration.

Next thing you know, everyones speaking Francen-Spanglish.

...I don't have a problem with REAL free trade - or with certain kinds of cross-cultural 'unity' - but that's not what this is about. ...It's just a cover to build monopolies and help some mega-corporation take over our nation - and turn it into a subsidiary.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Dwight D. Eisenhower, upon leaving the office of president in 1961, warned future generations against the dangers of a "military-industrial complex," and the "grave implications" of the "conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry."

No single company can illustrate that progression better than the Carlyle Group, a business founded on a tax scheme in 1987 that has grown up to be what its OWN MARKETING LITERATURE once called "a vast interlocking global network."

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
fourth horseman: Excellent post.

Think about it people, when Ike was leaving the office, he wasn't saying "Fear the Soviets and their getting the bomb" he was saying, "Hey, America! Fear the companies that profit from war because they will steal your government from right under you!"

Ike was a pretty smart guy. Too bad we didn't listen.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Of course, the more wars there are, real or imaginery, the more money the Carlyle Group and it's board and big investors make.
The downside of course it that it's the ordinary Joe that's gotta go do the dying or get maimed for life in order for the big boys to make money.

That's where our "democratic", corporate tied governmental systems break down. They are nothing more than power mad corrupt corporate tools. Driven by power and greed and NOT there to represent the people they are supposedly elected to serve. A leader with industrial/corporate ties is always going to back the boardroom boys who pull his strings, NOT the people.
It's basically dictatorship dressed up.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The Carlyle administration has a strangle hold on everything, this my friends is the corporate NWO in action. I believe they purchased United Defense during the Clinton era (97) for literally pennies, only to see a huge 500-600% profit turn around after 9/11 attacks. If anyone is behind a devious 9/11 inside job, believe me it's the Carlyle group/administration and their zero competition government contracts. George H.W Bush has his greasy oily finger prints all over this company, same goes for that weasel James Baker III who's law firm (Baker Botts) was defending the Saudi Royal family against families of the victims of 9/11. Further more, James Baker III serves simultaneously as CEO chairman of Carlyle while he's the US special envoy to Iraq. Yup that's right, conflict of interest? nah.. Not when the Carlyle administration conducts business from inside the Oval office. The Carlyle ghosts are also working out Iraq/Kuwaiti gulf war debts, where if the Carlyle group can fork over 40% of the money owed to Kuwait, they get to pocket the remaining 60% allowing themselves to Iraqi oil in the process.

The Carlyle NWO adminstration will continue it's reign of power when Jeb Bush wins his presidency 2008. Things will get ugly at that point if George H.W Bush is dead leaving behind his legacy at the hands of Dubya and little Jeb..

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Frank Carlucci, Carlyle chairman 1989-2002 and currently emeritus of Carlyle Group. The former sec. of defence and former deputy director of the CIA, was a former college roommate and wrestling teammate of Donald Rumsfeld. The two worked for Sears Roebuck together and are close friends.

George W. Bush, an early hire of Carlyle, was placed on the board of Caterair in 1990 and served for four years, before leaving to run for Texas governor. Also was part owner of Texas Rangers baseball team.

King Fahd, king of Saudi Arabia, hired Carlyle companies to protect him and manage the Saudi Economic Offset Program, a government-run program that brings foreign investment into Saudi Arabia.

George H. W. Bush, Carlyle advisor, visited with world business leaders everywhere from Saudi Arabia to South Korea which has made him an easy target for public advocacy groups.

James Baker III, Carlyle managing director and senior counselor, led five differnt Republican presidential campaigns, and spent 12 straight years in the White House, under Reagan and Bush. He took a position with Carlyle in 1993, and would later lead George W. Bush's succesful battle for the presidecy during the Florida recounts.

John Major, chairman Carlyle Europe, is the former prime minister of the U.K.

Thomas Hicks, founder of Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst, is the current owner of the Texas Rangers and Dallas Stars. This Texas billionaire and George W. Bush backer was responsible for taking the University of Texas' asset management private and investing the school's money with various Republica-friendly firms, including Carlyle. Now some people might understand why U.T.'s band was second in line, and the "Hook'em Horns" was so prevelent at the president's swearing in ceremonies.

Shafiq bin Laden, the estranged half-brother of Osama bin Laden, is the representative to Carlyle for his family's investments with the company. He was at the Carlyle annual investor conference in Washington, DC, on ***Sept. 11, 2001***!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
great thread soficrow.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Okay...so when, and how are we going to do something about it?
I mean...if this is true, then the world is being taken over as we speak by one of the scariest monsters this planet has ever seen? A monster that lives off of war, death, and oppression of everything that humanity is designed to embrace: Truth, love, and life.

I'm halfway serious about my first sentence above...because if any of this is true, writing your senator isn't going to do jack squat.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I would like to see some of our right wing friends debunk this. I mean how much more blatent does it have to get? It's obvious something is going on between the big corporations (carlyle, haliburton, others) and our 'government', and whatever it is, it isn't a friendly box social. So come on you conservatives tell us we're all just crazy nut balls, but at least tell us why

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Just ask Cynthia McKinney (ahh a good old name), a former democratic representative. McKinney was an outspoken critic of Carlyle and was openly ridiculed for voicing her concerns that people close to the George W. Bush administration stood to gain financially from the ongoing war on terrorism.

General Shinseki, former U.S. Army cheif of staff, was in favor of a more mobile and agile army. He presented the argument that would ultimately kill United Defense's (a Carlyle company) Crusader, a 42-ton howitzer on wheels ($$$). He was also in favor of more troops during the current conflict. We know what happened to him!?

Regardless, United Defense felt no pain from the cancellation of the program when the company was awarded another contract to build a different gun the VERY SAME DAY.

Henry Jackson, the former U.S. senator, saw early on the perils of letting private companies with foreign governments on MILITARY MISSIONS.
His investigation into Vinnell's (Carlyle company) deal with Saudi Arabia revealed a contract fraught with controversy.

Richard Secord, the retired Air Force general, is an ex-employee of Vinnell.
He is better known as one of the Iran-Contra fall guys. Secord drew unwanted attention to Vinnell when he was implicated in trading arms for hostages.

Faissel Fahad, a San Francisco lawyer, is a friend of Prince Alwaleed (Saudi Arabian prince) and was responsible for making the key connection between carlyle and the Prince, which led to the $590 million investment in Citicorp.

Melvyn Paisley, a former Naval officer, was in charge of awarding Navy contracts, a task he did while accepting kickbacks from defense contractors. He would go on to work for BDM (a highly successful defense consultancy and Carlyle company), then get convicted after pleading guilty in the Ill Wind investigation into corruption in the Pentagon.

Earle Williams, the former CEO of BDM (a defense conultancy company), curried favor with countless Washington, DC insiders, among them Frank Carlucci. Carlyle would go on to buy BDM (making a killing) and Earle would receive a highly coveted appointment to the Naval Advisory Board.

Park Tae-joon, a Carlyle advisor and former prime minister of South Korea was instrumental in securing Carlyle's extensive business interests in the Korean Peninsula along with Carlyle's stump man George H. W. Bush.

Michael Kim, Carlyle managing director, is the SON-IN-LAW of Park Tae-joon. Kim runs Carlyle's Korean operations, and spearheaded the successful buyout of one of Korea's FEW healthy banks, KorAm.

The list is long and tiresome!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Okay...so when, and how are we going to do something about it?

The beauty of this whole Mil-Ind-Comp machine is that it literally steals twenty cents off of each American's dollar. The majority of taxes go to National Defense and building weapons. Americans will always pay their taxes, and they will NEVER take control of where those taxes go, so the MIC dog will always get fed first.

The US Congress has direct control over $784.5 billion discretionary spending for the Fiscal Year 2004. US military expenditures are 50.1% of this discretionary spending. www.nuclearfiles.org

Here's a question: If Americans suddenly decided to sieze control of where those tax dollars were spent, how long do you think it'd be until a 'distraction' happened on American soil?

This is an issue that will not be changed without massive death and destruction. It's a shame too because so many of these Guardsmen are peace-loving citizen-soldiers who would much rather turn a wrench or fix a water line than pull a trigger. It's a testament to how powerful the military siren-song is when you see these honorable men coming home with legs and arms missing and they're like, "What the hell have I done?" These guys need our support MORE when they come back, and there'll be a lot of them if W. gets his eight-year war and 80 billion dollar loan.

[edit on 25-1-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I have to say that was an exceptional read soficrow. Good post.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

If Americans suddenly decided to sieze control of where those tax dollars were spent

This seems like the only real way to fight something like this, but in order for this to happen there needs to be some way to address the lack of public knowledge surrounding this thing. It needs to be exposed, and that is kind of what this website is aiming to do, but with the spin of diverting defense spending to relief for the undeveloped world. There's some staggering stats on their website:

borgenproject.org...

Personally I'm not against the NWO or a one-world goverenment since it seems like the logical next step. The problem lies with how the NWO comes about and who controls it. "Unfortunately...the current powers that be...aim to establish an NWO through force and deception. The current elite strive for complete control and wealth, leaving the masses to suffer," and this must be addressed before it's too late.

mantis2501.tripod.com...

-raven

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Its sad to say but I really can't see any way that Americans will ever regain control of their country. In the last few decades a handful; of the "super rich" have strategically gained control of key companies and placed people into political roles. Americans are losing the rights and freedoms at an exponential rate. If this keeps up in twenty years there will be absolutely nothing left of the values and ideals that founded America. I hate to say it but I think America is a lost cause, I just hope I'm outta hear before it comes my way. For everyone who is actually educated and concerned about their country there seams to be 10 who don't give a damn or are willing to sell out their country for a quick buck. I've said it before that I don't hate or dislike Americans but I really do feel that you are all doomed.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veebomb_Canada
Its sad to say but I really can't see any way that Americans will ever regain control of their country. ... I've said it before that I don't hate or dislike Americans but I really do feel that you are all doomed.

Ahh. The only thing that doesn't change is change itself - plains rise to the sky, mountains fall into the sea, and America will rise again.

This just in from a US blog:

They can be stopped. They will be stopped. The war and the economy will destroy them. Let's keep the pressure on. Dissent has now gone mainstream, the populace now opposes the war. We are witnessing a phase shift in public opinion. Onward!

www.polizeros.com...

Re: Military expenditures. Most US soldiers families are on food stamps. ...The real money goes to "security organizations" to pay for contract mercs.

Check these out:

* MERCENARY FIRMS & WAR PROFITEERS
www.betterworldlinks.org...
www.fsa.ulaval.ca...

* Executive Outcomes: A new kind of army for privatized global warfare
www.worldnetdaily.com...

* Dogs Of War Inc. – A $300 Billion Dollar Business
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

* Privatizing War - How affairs of state are outsourced to corporations beyond public control.
www.mtholyoke.edu...

PS. Thanks for the kudos guys...

and o yah veebomb - Canada is no better - you just don't notice what's been lost cuz there's never been a real Canadian Constitution or Bill of Rights...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Suggested reading, The Iron Triangle Inside the Secret World of the Carlyle Group, by Dan Briody!!!!!

He plans to do his next book on Halliburton under Cheney to present.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Quote: "The Carlyle Group is a huge private equity firm, *Heavily Invested in the Arms Industry*."

This explains EVERYTHING! Weapons Money to Carlyle & Oil Money Halliburton & Friends! I would not be surprised if Bush Jr. ended up spending 500 Billion Dollars on his Freaking War - Hell he is already up to
300 Billion Dollars of our Tax Payers Money - which conveniently ends up in Daddy Bush's & Cheney's Pockets!

[edit on 25-1-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The only US senator to really offer serious opposition to the war in Iraq was Paul Wellstone. Seems like alot of folks who offer up any opposition to the military industrial compex end up having little accidents.
www.webcom.com...
The dilligent researchers amung us will also recall that the guys who received the little envelopes with anthrax were also the only ones openly opposing the Patriot Act being introduced.

www.oilempire.us...
Leahy asked Ashcroft by what authority had he decided - on his own and without judicial review - to nullify the Fifth Amendment to the Constitution. He asked for an explanation and some description of the procedural safeguards that Ashcroft would put in place. He asked Ashcroft to appear before the Judiciary committee and to respond in writing by November 13.
His answer came a little late.
On November 16, Patrick Leahy received an anthrax letter. And, as of this press time, Ashcroft has not responded in writing.

Not to mention the recent high mortality rate amung bio-research specialists. They don't worry about the average Joe like you and me, it's when you get a platform, or when people start listening to you that you become a threat to them. Ah but perhaps there is an advantage in that, as really, I think god for the internet, it is the real hope we have to spread the word. I don't think Uncle Sam realized the impact it would have in terms of becomming an information resource. It may the only place left to get real information, you sure as hell won't see feature stories on Allen Dulles or Barry Seal on CNN or Fox news. We may not be able to oppose them directly or financially, but at least we can educate the people they have blindsided, they fear a well armed, and well informed public, you can bank on that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join