It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: A Military-Governmental-Industrial Conspiracy?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
You don't think the "O'Rielly Factor" will do a debate on this??!! Come on.

Someone now needs to do a story on how the Israeli stock market has DOUBLED in the past 20 months (and understand where this money is coming from)!!

I did notice that not ONE Religious Right person, has at least posted to say they trust these men. I mean after all, when it comes to a private firm, they would put our best interests before the bottom line $$$!! Right, Religious Right??

"Thus you bear witness against yourselves that you are the children of those who murdered the prophets; now fill up what your ancestors measured out! You serpents, you brood of vipers, how can you flee from the judgment of Gehenna?"

"You are like whitewashed tombs, which appear beautiful on the outside, but inside are full of dead men's bones and every kind of filth."

"When you see the desolating abomination spoken of through Daniel the profit standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), then those in JUDEA must flee to the mountains, a person..."

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
The only US senator to really offer serious opposition to the war in Iraq was Paul Wellstone.

...A great loss.

I thank god for the internet,

Me too - and for everyone here with the information, intelligence and courage to post.

...it is the real hope we have to spread the word. ...It may the only place left to get real information, ...We may not be able to oppose them directly or financially, but at least we can educate the people they have blindsided,

Agreed - truth is our best weapon - it will blow "them" right out of the water. ...and I do think education is our only real hope for survival - not just as a democratic nation, but as a species...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Still, no one from the Religious Right?? We've heard from a "war drum"! His, "as long as it's them" approach has been noted.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourth horseman
Dwight D. Eisenhower, upon leaving the office of president in 1961, warned future generations against the dangers of a "military-industrial complex," and the "grave implications" of the "conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry."

No single company can illustrate that progression better than the Carlyle Group, a business founded on a tax scheme in 1987 that has grown up to be what its OWN MARKETING LITERATURE once called "a vast interlocking global network."

I am pretty sure you are wrong. First off the Carlyle Group is not a military owned or Federal owned company, it is one of the largest private companies which focuses in the following: aerospace & defense, automotive & transportation, consumer & retail, energy & power, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, and telecommunications & media.

It is a private firm it is not a military firm. A true military industry and one of the most powerful in the world is China's People's Liberation Army, now that is truly a military industry that is owned and operated by the State or military. I am pretty certain that what Eisenhower was warning about is such a military industry as what China has.

This is what Eisenhower was warning us about.

Excerpted from.
www.softwar.net...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Rabble News cuts right to the chase. "A military-governmental-industrial conspiracy?

Since when is the Carlyle Group a military-governmental-industry?

Let's see what the Carlyle Group is.

The Carlyle Group is one of the world’s largest private equity firms, with more than $18.9 billion under management. With 26 funds across four investment disciplines (management-led buyouts, real estate, leveraged finance, and venture capital), Carlyle combines global vision with local insight, relying on a top-flight team of nearly 300 investment professionals operating out of offices in 14 countries to uncover superior opportunities in North America, Europe, and Asia.

Excerpted from.
www.thecarlylegroup.com...

Of course people with money will invest in one of the largest firms, does that make them an evil organization bent on the destruction of the world? no.

Microsoft is also one of the largest private corporations in the world. The US military is one of the largest customers of Microsoft. Does that make Microsoft an evil company bent on the destruction of the world or America?......

One of the world’s largest users of Microsoft technology, the U.S. Air Force must evaluate new product capabilities quickly to understand the impact and benefit to its IT infrastructure and applications.

Excerpted from.
Joint Development Program Maximizes IT Investment for Military

Simply because president Bush, and other rich people invest in the Carlyle group, it doesn't make it an evil company, and it does not make president Bush evil either. They are doing business.

Now, when something in the US happens like what Putin is doing in Russia, cracking down on large private firms and marging these former private companies with government owened companies, then you have something to worry about. This is also what former president Eisenhower was warning us about.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The carlyle group may not be an agency of the govrnment and may not be a in the military, but the do profit from the defense budget.

In others words wars are very good for this company.

The Carlyle Group is a private investment bank which doesn't come to the publics attention very often but it is one of the biggest American (ed: USA) investors of the defense industry, telecom, property and financial services.

It is hard to imagine an address closer to the heart of American power. The offices of the Carlyle Group are on Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington DC, midway between the White House and the Capitol building.

Want to know the leaders of the NWO just look who is in charge of one of the most profitables and richest companies.

Meet the members.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I am pretty sure you are wrong. First off the Carlyle Group is not a military owned or Federal owned company, it is one of the largest private companies which focuses in the following: aerospace & defense, automotive & transportation, consumer & retail, energy & power, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, and telecommunications & media.

So basically they got thier hands in everything... I do not trust these types of groups as they usually have very high connections with the beuracracy and thus can exert a HUGE amount of influence. I wonder how many people on the Left and Right are gonna retire into the Carlyle Group.

Muadib do you have a list of the Board of Directors? I would like to check it out, and do some basic background checks on these guys. I would be very intersted to see how many Politicians have retired into this company or any company affiliated with this Group. And I do not believe anything a corporate website says, as too me its in thier best interests to obfuscate the truth of thier activities(especially if they are a Public company) . Do they have any connection to Haliburtan or any other companies that deals with out-sourced soldiers(Mercs).

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Muadib do you have a list of the Board of Directors? I would like to check it out, and do some basic background checks on these guys.

I got one here is the link.

www.hereinreality.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is the actual list, that i know of.

Advisory Boards

Carlyle Europe
James A. Baker, III
Frank C. Carlucci
Etienne Davignon
Reto Domeniconi
Oscar Fanjul
Dr. Fritz Gerber
Sir Denys Henderson
Dr. Ing E.h. Eberhard von Kuenheim
Cees van Lede
The Rt. Honorable John Major, CH
Michael Rogowski
Peter Sjöstrand
Enrico Chicco Testa

Carlyle Europe Venture
Marco de Benedetti
Pehong Chen
Mike Lynch
Donald B. Marron
Javier Perez
Raj Raithatha
Juan Roure
Tom Rowbotham
Dr. Ulrich Schumacher
Risto Siilasmaa

Carlyle Canada
James A. Baker, III
Frank C. Carlucci
Laurent Beaudoin
Peter J.G. Bentley
Andre Bisson
Paul G. Desmarais
Allan E. Gotlieb
E. Peter Lougheed
Frank McKenna
David P. O'Brien
Hartley T. Richardson
William Sinclair
Lynton R. Wilson

Carlyle Energy
Peter Backhouse
James A. Baker, III
I. Jon Brumley
Robert P. Gannon
Luis E. Giusti
Lee W. Hogan
Forrest E. Hoglund
Oliver G. Richard, III
Alan Simpson
Gary R. Vickers
Michael E. Wiley
Clayton H. Woitas
Daniel Yergin, PhD

Excerpted from.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Very interesting, though not surprising in the least.

What can we do about it?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
There are companies out there that are bigger and have more of a revenue than the Carlyle Group.

Here are some of the largest private companies with more revenue than Carlyle.

Cargill, an agribusiness giant which also has industrial operation in steel, wire, chemicals, health and pharmaceuticals as well as food of course. Revenue: $59 Billion.

www.cargill.com...

Koch, an oil refinery giant, and one of the world's top traders of commodities. Revenue: $40 Billion.

Koch Industries, Inc., a privately held company based in Wichita, Kan., owns a diverse group of companies with a presence in about 50 countries and that employ more than 30,000 people. These companies are involved in core industries such as trading, petroleum, chemicals, energy, gas liquids, asphalt, fibers and intermediates, minerals, fertilizers, chemical technology equipment, pulp and paper, ranching, securities and finance, as well as in other ventures and investments.

Excerpted from.
www.kochind.com...

Lockheed Martin,

FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE: The Corporation reported 2003 sales of $31.8 billion, a backlog of more than $75 billion and free cash flow of $1.8 billion.

Excerpted from.
www.lockheedmartin.com...

If i searched more i am sure i will find others.

Compared to the above Carlyle has a revenue of $18.9 billion

Excerpted from.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Very interesting, though not surprising in the least.

What can we do about it?

What can we do about what?

Do you care to specify?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The carlyle group may not be an agency of the govrnment and may not be a in the military, but the do profit from the defense budget.

In others words wars are very good for this company.

A lot of companies profit from the defense budget Marg.
Tell me of a country in the world that does not have a company that profits from their defense budget.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by raven2012
but in order for this to happen there needs to be some way to address the lack of public knowledge surrounding this thing. It needs to be exposed, and that is kind of what this website is aiming to do,
-raven

The majority of the american population has no idea of the details and laws that comprise the continued aspirations of the corporations. It's all pretty in-depth and complex and so forth for "The Simple Life" crowd. Regardless, these corporations are gaining a longer leash in terms of what they are allowed to do.

The glaring difference in education and critical thinking skills between the "have" and "have-nots" is key to everything. I suppose I'm really asking what difference it makes.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by raven2012
but in order for this to happen there needs to be some way to address the lack of public knowledge surrounding this thing. It needs to be exposed, and that is kind of what this website is aiming to do,
-raven

The majority of the american population has no idea of the details and laws that comprise the continued aspirations of the corporations. It's all pretty in-depth and complex and so forth for "The Simple Life" crowd. Regardless, these corporations are gaining a longer leash in terms of what they are allowed to do.

The glaring difference in education and critical thinking skills between the "have" and "have-nots" is key to everything. I suppose I'm really asking what difference it makes.

And this is what I'm afraid of. We cannot do anything legally as these Multi-Nationals will just pack up and set up thier HQ elsewhere, which is akin to Blackmail IMHO. Corporations have gotten too powerfull and allthough I agree there are bigger corps out there, this one kinda stands out as does Haliburtan as there are allegations of Conflicts of Interest withing the US administration. Tell me, Muaddib why don't you think its a conflict of interest if say Bush and Cheney partly own a corporation who supplies the military with equipment, doesn't that give the Pres and V.P an opportunety to make money by launching a war for whatever reason? If anything they should have broken ALL ties to said company BEFORE entering PUBLIC life, but how come these types of allegations keep coming up? Plutocracy is the current form of Gov't that most Western countries practice nowadays. Even in Canada it's starting to get like that, allthough with a minority gov't right now these NWOers will have some trouble getting thier adgenda pushed through.

BTW Does Clinton, Kerry or anyother Democrat have ties to this Multinational? I highly doubt this is just a Right Wing Issues, I believe it is a Bi-Partisan problem....

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The majority of the american population has no idea of the details and laws that comprise the continued aspirations of the corporations.

Could this be because the majority of the American population are not all corporate lawyers, or even have a formal degree in business?

Of course the majority of Americans do not know this. Are the majority of the American public chef's? Are they doctors? could the regular joe/jane without an education in business make an informed decision about...a business?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

The majority of the american population has no idea of the details and laws that comprise the continued aspirations of the corporations.

Could this be because the majority of the American population are not all corporate lawyers, or even have a formal degree in business?

Of course the majority of Americans do not know this. Are the majority of the American public chef's? Are they doctors? could the regular joe/jane without an education in business make a decision about...a business?

And yet they are subjected to the results of decisions made by those who do make it a point to know this stuff......that's the point......maybe if more people became involved in the processes that constitute their rights and freedoms we could have a society where the right hand talks to the left.......but that would conflict with the interests of the few......

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Of course the majority of Americans do not know this. Are the majority of the American public chef's? Are they doctors? could the regular joe/jane without an education in business make an informed decision about...a business?

Ah the aristocratic argument, the "Unwashed, Uneducated masses know nothing of business so thier opinions are worth nothing" Sounds alot like Serfdom to me.

Muaddib, this is not a Partisan issue for me, no matter what some in this thread are trying to do as I believe that both parties in the USA are corrupt and have thier fingers in the pie so to speak. I think we should all put our political differences aside for now and really try to get to the heart of this conspiracy, allthough what good it will do us? Probably nothing but I'm always willing to try. Been going through that list you posted and I am slightly disturbed, I will post on it later as I still have some backcheck and cross referencing to do.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
"What can we do?"

Pray and speak the truth, till the end!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Ah the aristocratic argument, the "Unwashed, Uneducated masses know nothing of business so thier opinions are worth nothing" Sounds alot like Serfdom to me.

Muaddib, this is not a Partisan issue for me, no matter what some in this thread are trying to do as I believe that both parties in the USA are corrupt and have thier fingers in the pie so to speak.

Aristocratic argument?....
Alright, I guess the regular joe/jane can just do brain surgery even though they do not have any knowledge on the subject.... So, c'mon folks, we can all be doctors and make lots of money....

Sardion, it is not a partisan issue with me either. I have taken a look at this, and done research on it and all the references that i could find to this "supposed evil corporation" come from sites that make Rense's website look like a source of information that can be trusted....

When something is presented that is worth notice, and that shows there is really something fishy going on, i will consider looking more into this topic and see if there is any truth in it. For what i can see, the Carlyle Group is a private company that has a variety of investors which have a lot of money.

Doesn't every major company in the world have such investors?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join