It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comfort for those in Times of Distress

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
As I said... I don't agree fully with OP, either. I'm not "standing up" for him, and there are facets - some of which you touched upon - of his beliefs I disagree with.

I'm standing up for civility. Both on his end and others'. I believe there are respectful, constructive ways to disagree, and I wasn't seeing that on either side in this topic. Believing someone is wrong, and saying so, can be done without calling people names, or condemning them as people imo. It can be done without getting heated. If people believe that's the only way to do it, that's their prerogative. I cannot impel or compell, only encourage.

Ironically, I'm actually a very skeptical person and it's only recently that I embraced faith... and I always, always deleneate between faith and empirical knowledge, recognizing that faith is an individual choice, not something that comes about through empirical evidence. If it was, it wouldn't be faith. That's why I never assert anything about my own faith, and I don't "preach." (Even though some who share my faith would encourage me to do so, that's just not how I choose to live out or express my personal faith.)

That's all I'm going to say though, as I feel sick today and the last thing I need is to trigger my anxiety and raise my blood pressure, as internet disagreements are wont to cause in me. (Which is my issue, not anyone else's.)

Peace.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04
As I said... I don't agree fully with OP, either. I'm not "standing up" for him, and there are facets - some of which you touched upon - of his beliefs I disagree with.

I'm standing up for civility. Both on his end and others'. I believe there are respectful, constructive ways to disagree, and I wasn't seeing that on either side in this topic. Believing someone is wrong, and saying so, can be done without calling people names, or condemning them as people imo. It can be done without getting heated. If people believe that's the only way to do it, that's their prerogative. I cannot impel or compell, only encourage.

Ironically, I'm actually a very skeptical person and it's only recently that I embraced faith... and I always, always deleneate between faith and empirical knowledge, recognizing that faith is an individual choice, not something that comes about through empirical evidence. If it was, it wouldn't be faith. That's why I never assert anything about my own faith, and I don't "preach." (Even though some who share my faith would encourage me to do so, that's just not how I choose to live out or express my personal faith.)

That's all I'm going to say though, as I feel sick today and the last thing I need is to trigger my anxiety and raise my blood pressure, as internet disagreements are wont to cause in me. (Which is my issue, not anyone else's.)

Peace.
I just read through this entire thread and at no point have i seen any name calling. From either side of this convo. Only pointing out inconsistancies in his story. This is about as civil as you can disagree with someone? At which point did you get your feelings hurt in all of this?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I suppose I just have different semantic standards for name calling.

My feelings weren't hurt. But if everyone is already doing all they can from their point of view to be civil and mutually respectful, then I can ask no more than that. In which case, just ignore me. I was just, like everyone really, trying to do my bit.

I'll depart, now.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: loveofneighbor

I am not a fan of the Biblical Jehovah/Yahweh by any means but I do believe in God as a Muslim and I think the Bible makes God look like a monster who kills babies en masse on top of genocide and commanding slaughter even accepting human sacrifice and reminiscing on having ordered the Israelites to sacrifice their first born at one point, so I think the Bible has issues.

But God/Allah is good and not like that at all, he doesn't command his people to kill but not to kill. So while I am not a fan of Jehovah and do not believe he is a god in reality only The Most High or Allah is the God of me personally and does make a few appearances in your Bible that agree with the Qur'an so we have the same God regardless of mythological scriptural accounts I don't believe in literally, they have a deeper meaning I feel than the surface meaning.

I hope you enjoy studying the Bible and get what you want out of life. Just remember whenever God orders people to commit atrocities to look for a deeper meaning because those stories are not meant to be taken literally and have meaning.

Good luck, I just bought a Zohar so I have been studying forever and I am hoping it comes today!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The people here who saw the proof and called me a liar, because they can't believe it reveal their true nature.

I did not lie. They lied about things they do not know. And in so doing revealed to us their evil hearts. Hearts Jehovah already knew long ago.

There are still good hearts, that believe truth and reject the hatred and bullying and lies.

This thread is light.

The crooked forked tongues will again falsely accuse. In response, bring forth your witnesses.

I have mine. And if you want i will take the time to get it all on video by interviewing them.

Of course the notes from Jehovah were supernatural and need no other witness.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Who called you a liar?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: loveofneighbor
The people here who saw the proof and called me a liar, because they can't believe it reveal their true nature.

I did not lie. They lied about things they do not know. And in so doing revealed to us their evil hearts. Hearts Jehovah already knew long ago.

There are still good hearts, that believe truth and reject the hatred and bullying and lies.

This thread is light.

The crooked forked tongues will again falsely accuse. In response, bring forth your witnesses.

The Pentecostal tongues of fire were forked, so why would you associate that with false accusations?

It's a sign of Wisdom.

I have mine. And if you want i will take the time to get it all on video by interviewing them.

That last statement is unprovable and unlikely to be honest.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Malocchio

Just read you'll see who falsly accused me.

As far as the last part. It is proveable and truthful. Just look at the links in the OP.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Links don't prove the Bible is true.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malocchio

With all respect, that reply sounded about as intelligent as the reply of a cat, after all been shown.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

This thread is light.

Personally, i don't believe any of your story, but the part i would like to point out is when you say, you didn't tell anyone your sob story, and somehow this guy just gives you $500 and fills your tank. How did he know you needed money and gas?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I am not a fan of the Biblical Jehovah/Yahweh by any means but I do believe in God as a Muslim and I think the Bible makes God look like a monster who kills babies en masse on top of genocide and commanding slaughter even accepting human sacrifice and reminiscing on having ordered the Israelites to sacrifice their first born at one point, so I think the Bible has issues.

But God/Allah is good and not like that at all, he doesn't command his people to kill but not to kill. So while I am not a fan of Jehovah and do not believe he is a god in reality only The Most High or Allah is the God of me personally and does make a few appearances in your Bible that agree with the Qur'an so we have the same God regardless of mythological scriptural accounts I don't believe in literally, they have a deeper meaning I feel than the surface meaning.

I hope you enjoy studying the Bible and get what you want out of life. Just remember whenever God orders people to commit atrocities to look for a deeper meaning because those stories are not meant to be taken literally and have meaning.

Good luck, I just bought a Zohar so I have been studying forever and I am hoping it comes today!
As you are a muslim, who believes in Allah, but not yahweh? Aren't they the same entity as far as the stories?
edit on 1-11-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

With all respect, that reply sounded about as intelligent as the reply of a cat, after all been shown.
Nothing has been shown as proof. His reply is relevant because, you, showing some links, is not proof of your story.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

nice story

full of kindness
we can all argue on who or what
to call it...

To understand my illness and to remove all of that and that he had to know how I would be as a perfect person and to please forgive me for my sins and to help me.

i have faith in you
my fellow Man

And also for those looking for real proof that God answers prayers.

that's not the point is it..

it's your realization
you won't be able to prove it
to anyone else

S&F

edit on 1-11-2016 by kibric because: boo

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It's always been a wonder to me how religious folks can cherry pick what occurrences in their lives are the work of god and which are poor choices, the devil, lack of faith in god, or what have you.

Is there a certain algorithm or is it all just based on how you feel at the moment? Genuinely curious.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

When prayers are continually answered, one begins to notice a pattern.. furthermore, with the objectivity of time and space from each crisis in life, I have become aware how all of the seemingly tragic events in my life have led toward a greater good.

I fully believe that God is working for the benefit of us all. I haven't suffered as much as many (but have known suffering, indeed we all have) and really can't speak for others. But neither can anyone else. In my estimation, a decent measurement of whether life is essentially good or not would be to ask oneself if you would have preferred oblivion (never having been born) to life. One thing I've noticed is that many blame God for all the suffering in life without taking into account all of the blessings we are given daily. Also my own personal suffering has led me to become a more compassionate and deeper being. An alchemy of the soul, in a sense.

If you care for specific examples of my answered prayers, (which you could of course dismiss as coincidence if you don't believe) please ask.

BTW: I was not raised in any faith but rather came to it by my own volition fairly recently as a result of an answered prayer- I had not been in the habit of praying at all but for some reason gave it a shot and was amazed at the response which I could not ignore. I'm fully convinced that my new faith has brought joy and gratitude into my life. It works for me, so why would anyone care what I believe? I certainly don't try to dictate what anyone else wants to believe.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

An interesting post and I thank you for it.

I often think I would have preferred oblivion as you put it.

I don't understand people (and I can't say I want to)

I'm not desirous of material things or perceived success/accomplishment. Even simple things such as food and sex hold little appeal to me.

I often "pray" about why this is and what I can/should do about it to no avail. I suppose my god receptor is broken.

I would like to hear specifics about answered prayers if you've the time or the inclination. I'm not one to chalk things up to coincidence lightly.
edit on 2016-11-01T12:04:54-05:002016Tue, 01 Nov 2016 12:04:54 -0500v000000542016-11-01T12:04:54-05:002016Tue, 01 Nov 2016 12:04:54 -0500Tue, 01 Nov 2016 12:04:54 -0500 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So, do you think there is a god who is handing out blessings and hardships, possibly equally? Is he using these blessings to mold us in some particular way?

a reply to: zosimov

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Corvus, Woodcarver, I thank you both for thought-provoking and honest responses. Will get back to you both soon, as I am working now and am the type that needs time to develop and edit my line of thinking (perfectionist-- especially about topics that are close to my heart). Talk to you soon

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

As you are a muslim, who believes in Allah, but not yahweh? Aren't they the same entity as far as the stories?

Yahweh is not El Elyon but Allah is, correct and no not the same entity.

It's not well known but Israel's Yahweh was just Israel's god until they became monotheistic and the Bible is not scripture for Muslims like the Qur'an.

Allah is not like Yahweh at all, I do not believe Allah did 99% of what the Bible says Yahweh did, the atrocities and such.

It makes perfect sense to me. God is not a ****.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join