It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comfort for those in Times of Distress

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This thread is being made for those of you who are still unsure and seeking honestly for answers, or who, like me have become downhearted and depressed because of personal circumstances.

I could post hundreds of of personal experiences like this one. But decided to open up and share this one. Because it happened a few days ago, and to show the power of prayer and give proof Jehovah is alive and listening and answering our prayers and comforts all those seeking him.

A few nights ago I realized that I had drawn away from Jehovah by stopping my study of the Bible as well as prayer and attendance at Christian meetings. For a lot of reasons. I've lost my good health I used to have. And because of that I lost my job. And because of that I lost my home. And that along with my illness itself lead to deep feelings of anxiety and depression, and worthlessness. And I became withdrawn. And did some stupid things as started to take up drinking.

Now through all of that I saw God's hand taking care of me and my family.

I will give you one simple example although I could give you dozens just from that time period. I lived a long way from our place of meeting, and our car was on empty. Didn't have enough gas to make it to the meeting and back that night. And we had no food at home. So I decided to put faith in God and told my wife, let's go to the meeting. I don't know how we're going to get back with the car on empty but Jehovah will take care of it.

After the meeting, a dear brother told me to follow him so I did and he stopped at a gas station got out told me to fill the tank, paid for it, then got out a checkbook and wrote me a check for $500.

I knew it was Jehovah. When we got home another brother and dear friend showed up at my door and had two boxes of food in his hand. Said he had been given it from his workplace and didn't need it and was wondering if we knew someone that could use it. It had all of the supplies we needed.

After that the same night a sister and dear friend of my wife called and asked her if she knew of anyone that needed a place to stay. Because they had a small home that was vacant and wanted someone to take care of it. The next day we were being evicted from our home. We had no food, we had no gas, and no money to move and nowhere to go.

That one act of faith moved Jehovah to give us all these things.

Anyway a few days ago, during the night I opened up my heart in prayer to Jehovah God and began to cry and tell him how I felt. Asked him to see into my heart to see why I am the way I am, the way I was treated when I was a child, I grew up in a very cold and abusive environment. And sometimes those traits come out in me. To understand my illness and to remove all of that and that he had to know how I would be as a perfect person and to please forgive me for my sins and to help me.

This was a small part of the prayer.

Afterwards something compelled me to write this into google:

Dear google, Jehovah sees all things.

And I was directed to these two articles:

Jehovah is Greater Than Our Hearts

and

Jehovah's Beaming Eyes Examine All

For those curious read through these two articles and see how Jehovah responded to my sincere prayer to him.

I have no doubt he answered my prayer immediately after finishing it by directing me to these two articles.

I leave this here for all those who may be in a situation like mine. And also for those looking for real proof that God answers prayers.

This is just a very small example of how he does it. And I hope it serves to help someone.

edit on 31-10-2016 by loveofneighbor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Sounds like it was your friends that did those things for you, not Jehovah.

Free will kind of negates the idea that God does anything but stand by until Judgement Day.

But I'm happy for you. Just saying others won't accept this as proof.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: loveofneighbor

We're gonna need you to change the title of the OP.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Sounds like it was your friends that did those things for you, not Jehovah.

Free will kind of negates the idea that God does anything but stand by until Judgement Day.

But I'm happy for you. Just saying others won't accept this as proof.

Of course not all people will see that as proof. That is okay. Faith is not the possession of all people.

But that is the power of faith. If a person is willing to put faith in Jehovah he does answer and blesses the person.

That is why you will NEVER find any of his servants homeless, or begging, or looking for food, or a place to sleep.

He takes care of his family.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing your good news with us, brother. I've had enough prayers anwered lovingly and in such a clear way that I cannot but believe that our loving Creator has all of our best interests at heart.

So happy to hear that you are receiving the help you need and that you are back in the fold.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

As the above poster says, this is not proof.

Couple of points, if God is real and still responsible for happenings on this planet then he''s sick and revels in the suffering of others, not just now but for a long time. Understand the damage done to the human race by the farce that is religion, and the billions who have died in the name of it.

There was no religion until some person(s) created it in order to have control and it has done nothing for us on this planet apart from distance more people from each other.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Ask God why the things are the way they are, in prayer and be earnest for an answer. Perhaps you yourself will find the proof you need. He can answer it very easily. I know the answer and could direct you there myself.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

So, you didn't have money for food so you spent your last gallon of gas to go to church and tell your story. Some guy felt sorry for you and helped you out. This happens every day. Where was god when he created the circumstances that put you in this tough position? Why aren't you giving a god credit for that? Seems like you are picking and choosing which situations to give god credit for.

People are at their weakest when in desperate situations. Are you blaming your previous distance from god as the reason for falling on bad times?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

You were "directed" to a couple of make-me-feel-better websites that prove nothing except that someone knows what you want to hear and also knows you will click on it in your hours of despair?

not proof of anything except the kindness of humans and your gullibility in crediting an imaginary friend.

Humanity FTW. We are a social species, capable of caring for or killing each other.
There's no "director" overhead.

Having said that, paradoxically I believe 'guardian angels' are with us at all times. But no "God" in charge of them. They just help us. They are disembodied helpers. We are meant to be embodied helpers or students or teachers. There's no "CEO."

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveofneighbor
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Ask God why the things are the way they are, in prayer and be earnest for an answer. Perhaps you yourself will find the proof you need. He can answer it very easily. I know the answer and could direct you there myself.

As I said, this is not proof, because there is no proof. If you're so insecure that you have to rely on the idea of there being some almighty being watching over us, then it is you who must find the true answer.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

So, you didn't have money for food so you spent your last gallon of gas to go to church and tell your story. Some guy felt sorry for you and helped you out. This happens every day. Where was god when he created the circumstances that put you in this tough position? Why aren't you giving a god credit for that? Seems like you are picking and choosing which situations to give god credit for.

People are at their weakest when in desperate situations. Are you blaming your previous distance from god as the reason for falling on bad times?

No one knew about my situation. We hadn't told anything to anyone about what was happening to us.

You misinferred what happened. And that is because your mind cannot see what really happened. It did happen to me and I could see it.

Perhaps there is a reason God reveals himself to those who exercise faith in him instead of doubting him.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Why are your imaginary friends anymore real than the one of billions of humanity???

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

No one knew about my situation. We hadn't told anything to anyone about what was happening to us.

You misinferred what happened. And that is because your mind cannot see what really happened. It did happen to me and I could see it.

Perhaps there is a reason God reveals himself to those who exercise faith in him instead of doubting him.
I don't believe that for one second. You went there crying, looking for handouts. You guilted some sucker into giving you $500 so he could feel good about himself. You're not the only one to ever figure out this con.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have come to the realization the title of the thread is attracting the same handful of people who like to fill these threads with vitriol, ridicule and mockery. It was not my attention to draw that class of people.

So I changed the title to hopefully attract a some sincere group of people.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Is your illness alcohol related?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I don't believe that for one second. You went there crying, looking for handouts. You guilted some sucker into giving you $500 so he could feel good about himself. You're not the only one to ever figure out this con.

Of course you don't believe it, because it is proof that God is real and rewarded my act of faith. But it did happen that way. I did not lie.

And thus your lack of belief is complete. You have to actually call your neighbor a liar because you can't believe the truth.

I did not want to attract people with your heart attitude into this thread, and will stop talking with you. I see it is futile. Your ilk doesn't believe the truth, but relish in lies.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I have come to the realization the title of the thread is attracting the same handful of people who like to fill these threads with vitriol, ridicule and mockery. It was not my attention to draw that class of people.

What's attracting the vitriol is your lack of honesty with yourself and with us.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Is your illness alcohol related?

Fibromyalgia.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

That is why you will NEVER find any of his servants homeless, or begging, or looking for food, or a place to sleep.

He takes care of his family.

So then......the displaced Syrian Christian refugees living in temporary camps, or the Christians in Italy who are now sleeping in their cars or tents because of earthquakes --- or the people in Haiti who have had a series of devastating disasters of the "Acts of God" type ---- or the guy who keeps going from street to jailhouse to mental health court but claims he's Jesus ----- those folks aren't really his "servants" or (heaven forbid!) his responsibility?

Bulltish.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

What's attracting the vitriol is your lack of honesty with yourself and with us.

That statement reminds me of this:

(John 8:44-46) . . .You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie. 45 Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me. 46 Who of you convicts me of sin? If I speak truth, why is it that you do not believe me?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join