It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Praying for peace, Preparing for blood: Police escalate violence in North Dakota

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Things are really amping up at the Cannonball, ND #NoDAPL pipeline protests. Last weekend police violently arrested 80 unarmed peaceful protesters and now, hundreds of officers from over five states converged on another peaceful protest using flash-bang grenades, pepper spray and even shooting a less-lethan shot gun into the crowd!

In addition to pepper spray and percussion grenades, shotguns were fired into the crowd with less lethal ammunition and a sound cannon was used (see images below). At least one person was tased and the barbed hook lodged in his face, just outside his eye. Another was hit in the face by a rubber bullet.

This is getting scary and it also pisses me off! And the media silence is an outrage. How is this not all over the national headlines? If it were in the hood of Chicago or Harlem, you wouldn't even get a commercial break on the networks. Unreal.

Over 300 police officers in riot gear, 8 ATVs, 5 armored vehicles, 2 helicopters, and numerous military-grade humvees showed up north of the newly formed frontline camp just east of Highway 1806. The 1851 Treaty Camp was set up this past Sunday directly in the path of the pipeline, on land recently purchased by DAPL. Today this camp, a reclamation of unceded Lakota territory affirmed as part of the Standing Rock Reservation in the Ft. Laramie Treaty of 1851, was violently cleared. Both blockades established this past weekend to enable that occupation were also cleared.

Police escalate violence, shoot horses to clear camp

Keep in mind these police actions aren't occurring at the main Sacred Stone Camp where the thousands live and camp and protect the water. These violent episodes are occurring outside that camp in nearby areas where the actual construction of the pipeline continues. This new camp was set up to block continued construction because the Natives say it is happening on sacred burial sites.

A member of the International Indigenous Youth Council (IIYC) that had her wrist broken during a mass-arrest on October 22nd was hurt again after an officer gripped her visibly injured wrist and twisted it during an attempted arrest. At least six other members of the youth council verified that they had been maced up to five times and were also shot and hit with bean bags. In addition to being assaulted, an altar item and sacred staff was wrenched from the hands of an IIYC member by police. Several other sacred items were reported stolen, including a canupa (sacred tobacco pipe). Two medics giving aid at front line were hit with batons and thrown off the car they were sitting on. Then police grabbed another medic, who was driving the car, out of the driver side while it was still in motion. Another water protector had to jump into the car to stop it from hitting other people.

Police agencies from all over are sending officers to assist the Morton County Sheriff. Minneapolis sent officers and received a backlash from the community.

Hundreds protest Hennepin County sending officers to Standing Rock

They even shot horses in the violence on October 28!

Members of the horse nation herded around 100 buffalo from the west and southwest of the Cannonball Ranch onto the the DAPL easement. One rider was reportedly hit with up to four rubber bullets his horse was reported to be hit in the legs by live rounds. Another horse was shot and did not survive. A confirmed DAPL private security guard was spotted among the protectors with an automatic rifle heading towards camp. Water protectors acted swiftly to stop the man who was attempting to flee the scene in his pickup. One protector stopped the assailant’s vehicle with their own before the security guard fled to nearby waters, weapon in hand. Bureau of Indian Affairs police arrived on scene and apprehended him.

Read the story linked above to see more of the police action.

Other stories on this latest event, but of course, mainstream media attempts to say no one was injured and downplays the seriousness of what is happening.

Protesters evicted from camp at DAPL

Unicorn Riot

The theme of the day I've heard said from some at the camps;

"I am praying for peace, but preparing for blood!"

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
So who is right? Is it their land? I wonder where the Oath Keepers fall in on this one.

*edit* looks like their OP right now is stopping voter fraud.
edit on 28-10-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
the govt has admitted to multiple treaty violations resulting in the theft of native land. however the govt also has said the current owners of the land are legitimate.

does not make sense.

no dapl

support native rights!

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
double post
edit on 28-10-2016 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
Things are really amping up at the Cannonball, ND #NoDAPL pipeline protests. Last weekend police violently arrested 80 unarmed peaceful protesters and now, hundreds of officers from over five states converged on another peaceful protest using flash-bang grenades, pepper spray and even shooting a less-lethan shot gun into the crowd!

Pretty disgraceful stuff, especially if this land was never given over.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Pretty disgraceful stuff, especially if this land was never given over.

Allegedly scrambling mobile comms.

Today news, Officer explains the action, "They were saying nasty things"
slap my wrist!

edit on 28-10-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This country will do anything for precious ground profit that we don't need. There is a pipeline proposed where I am at and they will slap imminent domain on to ruin land and displace people.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

So law enforcement cleared camps set up specifically to block construction and left the camp that was set up in a lawful area alone. Imagine that.

When a cop shows up to remove you from an area, you're going to be removed. Use all the rhetoric and buzzwords you want, but resisting the removal will be met with an increased level of force until the resistance is overcome and the removal effected.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

They were saying nasty things but it's clear they are unarmed, peaceful protesters - but in law enforcement eyes they deserved flashbangs, bean bags and pellets, pepper spray and batons. This is a friggin' disgrace!

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Forget peace, time to bring in the militias.

Get the women and children out of there and show these corporate thugs that we mean business.

I wish I could be there but I'm there in blood and spirit.

edit on 28-10-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm with my brothers and sisters in this. At one time, our tribes were enemies, but today we are stronger when we band together- As Raye Zaragoza so beautifuly sang out in their honor.

I wish the protectors the best. They do not have any desire to use violence in their duties to protect the burial grounds and the water.

We are raised to think of the many generations that will come after us, and the impacts to those generations in our life time based on our actions and choices.

My papa went and fought at the Second Battle of Wounded Knee, as I've brought up several times, and it seems I may be compelled to leave myself now that my papa has passed, it is my turn to uphold our beliefs and values. It's not about what is legal and what is illegal, it is about doing what is RIGHT. It's about standing up for what is RIGHT. If we do not set the example for our children, then we are doing wrong by them. If we do not care about our environment, neither will our children, or their children. It's time to do the right thing.

-Alee

edit on 10/28/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

From the Standing Rock Sioux official facebook page.

We are Being Framed and Set Up!

It would appear that the Protectors are being framed and set up by none other than the Dakota Access Pipeline company itself.

As reported via video evidence from the front lines on 10-27-16. A man berating an assault rifle broke thru a barricade and was speeding toward the Oceti Sakowin camp, he was run off the road 1/4 mile north from the Camp. The man exited the vehicle where he appeared to be disguised as a water protector. He than fired several shots from his assault rifle. Tribal Law Enforcement responded, the man was than apprehended. Insurance Documents from the vehicle reveal that it is owned by Dakota Access Pipeline. We commend the BIA Law Enforcement to their commitment of public safety and for their quick response and apprehension of the suspect who was clearly meanings to do harm.

There are several photos of the perpetrator and his vehicle.

-Alee

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

That is my thoughts as well. They are being set up/framed.

They want what they want and will do whatever it takes to get what they want.

It saddens me. I hate what they are doing to these people and feel so powerless for them.

In the world we live in today there is a world wide web that connects us so we can't be fooled. We know our Government and we know it's past, which isn't pretty or fair!!!

All the authorities can hope for at this point is the ancestors don't wake up and deliver karma like no other.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess

From the Standing Rock Sioux official facebook page.

We are Being Framed and Set Up!

It would appear that the Protectors are being framed and set up by none other than the Dakota Access Pipeline company itself.

As reported via video evidence from the front lines on 10-27-16. A man berating an assault rifle broke thru a barricade and was speeding toward the Oceti Sakowin camp, he was run off the road 1/4 mile north from the Camp. The man exited the vehicle where he appeared to be disguised as a water protector. He than fired several shots from his assault rifle. Tribal Law Enforcement responded, the man was than apprehended. Insurance Documents from the vehicle reveal that it is owned by Dakota Access Pipeline. We commend the BIA Law Enforcement to their commitment of public safety and for their quick response and apprehension of the suspect who was clearly meanings to do harm.

There are several photos of the perpetrator and his vehicle.

-Alee

Thanks for this report. It doesn't fit the narrative to be shooting rubber bullets, pepper spraying and flashbanging a bunch of unarmed women and children... so, send in one of your own disguised as theirs and fire off some live rounds to get the police to react. This is not going to end well... for either side!

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
I'm with my brothers and sisters in this. At one time, our tribes were enemies, but today we are stronger when we band together- As Raye Zaragoza so beautifuly sang out in their honor.

I wish the protectors the best. They do not have any desire to use violence in their duties to protect the burial grounds and the water.

We are raised to think of the many generations that will come after us, and the impacts to those generations in our life time based on our actions and choices.

My papa went and fought at the Second Battle of Wounded Knee, as I've brought up several times, and it seems I may be compelled to leave myself now that my papa has passed, it is my turn to uphold our beliefs and values. It's not about what is legal and what is illegal, it is about doing what is RIGHT. It's about standing up for what is RIGHT. If we do not set the example for our children, then we are doing wrong by them. If we do not care about our environment, neither will our children, or their children. It's time to do the right thing.

-Alee

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It's events like this that make me wonder if the US government has a "news blackout" order similar to the one the UK has. The MSM is almost totally ignoring the pipeline protest, even now that it's turning violent. And especially these days, when excessive use of force by the police is such a hot-button issue. You'd think that a lefty like Obama would be screaming about this from the White House balcony. But nothing.

Anyone care to bet that we'll eventually find out a bunch of Dems are investors in that pipeline?
edit on 28-10-2016 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
That is why you shouldn't go to a peaceful protest unarmed. You know the police will be armed, you should be armed too.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

They were saying nasty things but it's clear they are unarmed, peaceful protesters - but in law enforcement eyes they deserved flashbangs, bean bags and pellets, pepper spray and batons. This is a friggin' disgrace!

I agree entirely, as well as adding the company feckdog with a rifle. I think he was detained by some of the people there.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yes but is the order to remove them legal?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I hope they "detained" the hell out of him.

<<   2 >>

join