It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOBODY is "flipping my meat!!!"...NOBODY!!!!! GRRRRRRRrrrrrrr!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Wow I can't believe how many people actually got offended by this commercial...

All the conservative blogs seem to have a similar opinion.
Gold medals in the mental gymnastics

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
One gets sick of "it" being everywhere, in your face, volunteering itself to zap your personal cloud of cognitive dissonance just because it can.

For decades I have heard the logical defense against homophobia being voiced as something like, "Jeez!" "It's not like we are trying to recruit you!" "Get real!".

And here's "NPH" out recruiting with a can of Heine-whatever.

I don't watch much TV, but this seems to require of me a whole new level of "finding it cute".

And I don't.

Don't even be talking about flipping my meat.
edit on 24-10-2016 by Dan00 because: Ahhh Gahd, I'm nearly dead from laughter

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: D4RKL1GHT

No, not really, but I did drink it now and then. The skunky flavor was consistent with some hoppy beer I brew here.

If anything I liked it for that. However, no more.

Not worth it.

I'm okay with a manufacturer standing proud for what they make. I draw the line when a manufacturer starts making ties between the product they make and a social movement/statement...ANY social statement!. (Budweiser is in the same league!)

You're product ain't that good!!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

*Your

And just off topic, what kind of beer do you brew? Like, what would you compare it with, if anything? I'm a whiskey person myself, but I dabble in beers lol.

Also, just because we disagree on a commercial, doesn't mean we will disagree on alcohol. The best thing us humans can do is find something in common. :3

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

It didn't help that they had a [snip] doing the spokesperson role.

Very gay commercial. Screw them.
edit on 25-10-2016 by elevatedone because: Removed derogatory term.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

'Doogie Howser" (actor Neil Patrick Harris) is gay and married to his long time partner. The commercial is an "inside" joke reflecting that.

Thats why Neil says that, turns his head as if to say "get it?" and the barbecue man looks at him...pauses and say..."no!".

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

It didn't help that they had a [snip] doing the spokesperson role.

Very gay commercial. Screw them.

*this statement has been approved by Donald Trump
edit on 24-10-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2016 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Sremmos80

Are you watching the "football game" tonight?????

Flipping meat and watching men play with balls... OK I think I am starting to see the pattern being played here.

Well, have fun you guys.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I am a whiskey man too (very much so).

I brewed mostly IPA type beers. They were actually pretty decent. Maybe a bit more hoppy than most, but I like the hoppy flavor (even if it doesn't like me). I did some nice wheats, but I like the IPA's better. I did my own grains and so forth.

I have to watch drinking beer though. I get gout (and that's no fun at all). I do like my whiskey though.

What is your poison? I'm a Scotch man.

Laphroaig 16 single malt per chance? I do like a Jameson Rarest Vintage (cask whiskey)...what say you?

Laphroaig is definitely up there in my favorites!!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I am a whiskey man too (very much so).

I brewed mostly IPA type beers. They were actually pretty decent. Maybe a bit more hoppy than most, but I like the hoppy flavor (even if it doesn't like me). I did some nice wheats, but I like the IPA's better. I did my own grains and so forth.

I have to watch drinking beer though. I get gout (and that's no fun at all). I do like my whiskey though.

What is your poison? I'm a Scotch man.

Laphroaig 16 single malt per chance? I do like a Jameson Rarest Vintage (cask whiskey)...what say you?

Laphroaig is definitely up there in my favorites!!

Now thats my language.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Your "lifestyle" is shoved in everyone's face, every day, in damn near every TV show, movie, cartoon whether kid or adult, video game, on the street, in restaurants, on advertisements, billboards etc. Yet no one complains about that, but should you see anything that hints at some other lifestyle OMG end of the world.
edit on 10/24/2016 by Puppylove because: grammar and spelling

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Oh wow lol. Never heard of Laphroaig, but Ill start looking for it. For me, living on a TV station paycheck, if I have the money, either Pendleton, or Glenlivett. Most of the time however, it's whatever I can find that says whiskey to be honest. Hopefully soon I'll be able to get the good stuff more often. Also, if you haven't seen them, look for whiskey rocks. My gf got them for me, and they are fantastic! No watering down, and they stay nice and cool. 10/10 would recommend!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Your "lifestyle" is shoved in everyone's face, every day, in damn near every TV show, movie, cartoon whether kid or adult, video game, on the street, in restaurants, on advertisements, billboards etc. Yet no one complains about that, but should you see anything that hints at some other lifestyle OMG end of the world.

Yes, it was a deviant lifestyle that is fine when it is behind closed doors, but is offensive to many when it is shoved down their throat. I don't care what people do behind closed doors, but I don't want to hear about 'meat flipping'.

It is just plain gross.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Why isn't that sexual harassment ?

Clearly the guy didn't want his meat flipped.

That is a "Trigger" for many straight men.

I personally would not be offended

However, I know many men that would not respond well.

Probably would end badly for the prospective meat flipper.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Again the straight "lifestyle" is shoved down everyone's throat in every aspect of life. Yet you want everyone not straight to hide in shame.

I don't want the straight "lifestyle" to have to hide. Such would be absurd, but so is treating gays, etc like some kind of lepers that needs to be quarantined from society.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

The entire point of the commercial was to offend *some* normal males.

It worked and that is why there is a rant.

ETA: Glad to have something other than politics to rant about.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Just even read up on Laphroaig on the interwebz. It's is legend! There is no other whiskey like it on Earth!

The character and body goes beyond almost life itself! A bottle of cheap Laphroaig can be had for around $58 dollars. The "cask strength" Laphroaig whiskeys, not so much.

A guy over in Malaysia turned me on to them. (Dropped over a $1,000 US in a bar one night). (Fine Cuban cigars and Laphroaig "cask strength" single malt whiskey). After you've had it, you will never go back. Never. It's a "life changing" experience. It truly is.

You can taste the country-side, the honor, pride, the emotion, the character...of the heritage and the people who make it. It's like nothing you've ever tasted!! It's made from the peat bogs of the lowlands in Scotland, and no where else on Earth can do it as well as they do.

Just splurge one time, and go buy a bottle of Laphroaig. Drive up to a hilltop and watch the stars while having a dram or two. You truly will be shocked...there's nothing like it!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

WAS A being the key word. Now that gay people have a voice, anything that they reference must be a part of the agenda. Never mind the fact that for however many centuries, they've been ousted, and executed. Now that they have a somewhat larger voice in humanity means that your delicate sensibilities are in question. I wasn't aware that the gays were taking all of your rights away, what with the heterosexual overtones of almost all of the media of the past 80 years. Those gays are really intruding on your good, moral high ground.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Glad you enjoyed.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

Joke? What Joke?

Please enlighten me to the "joke" which you refer to...I'd be absolutely delighted to hear where there was a "joke"!!!!!!

Please do enlighten me!!!!

(and while you're at it, please enlighten me as to what demographic said joke is "funny" to...please do!)

I agree it is out of place in a public commercial as much as a [snip] joke would be. Little steps leading us to ?

edit on 24-10-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2016 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join