It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Podesta Joule BoD resignation doesn't fit with this email.....ties with Putin DIRECTLY

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

a reply to: Vasa Croe

So, Podesta supposedly resigned his position with Joule in 2014 right? I have read the resignation letter and everything myself.

I was searching on the new leaks and found this....an invoice from the firm that worked with him for Joule dated May of 2015 and it is specifically billing him for the approval of the appointment of Russian Dmitry Sergeevich Akhanov to the board.

If he was on the board, why the bill?

That's just it...he wasn't on the board when he got this bill that was for April 2015....Pedestal resigned from the board in January 2014.

Then what, exactly, is the bill for? Why would he be billed for voting?

Apparently he was not resigned from the company and still voting on board members I guess. His resignation letter was effective January 4, 2014 and his stock options were exercised near the end of January so this connection, according to his no longer working with Joule, should not be there....is it that hard for you to get?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Oddly enough, according to the date for request of appointment, it was only 5 days after Hillary announced her bid for POTUS. Coincidence?
edit on 10/18/16 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Apparently he was not resigned from the company and still voting on board members I guess.

You miss the point: why was he being billed?

That would be a really bizarre quid pro quo, wouldn't it?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Apparently he was not resigned from the company and still voting on board members I guess.

Bizarre how? I feel I am missing something but I also feel like there will be more that comes out on the Joule/RUSNANO connection.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Keep digging... there has to be more on this. Quite comical of the Dems pointing to the Russians when their own campaign manager is being pulled or pulling strings that direction.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Was off game this morning...think I am getting Strep so I don't feel great. Are you thinking that HRC is paying Podesta to do her behind the scenes work on these projects with RUSNANO and Rosatom? That thought had crossed my mind, but I have to wait to see if there are any direct comms that tie them together on this. The steptoe invoices are pretty detailed and go through quite a bit of the timeline from the 3 I have found.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
A question in another thread about the legality of Podesta being involved in this gave me a "lightbulb" moment. As I was reading some of the leaks I read an email between Podesta and the head of Joule that states:

Dear John, I wanted to get this back on your radar screen hoping you can make some intros in the far east as we had previously discussed. Please let me know how I can follow up. Regards, Noubar

Source

So here is the founder and head of Joule asking Podesta to follow up on intros in the far east....China rung a bell because of an article I read on RUSNANO shortly after sanctions began and low and behold:

Economic bridges continue to burn in the US-Russia sanctions standoff, with the latest casualty being US firm Applied Materials, which can no longer export IT equipment to Russia’s nanotechnology giant Rusnano.

According to Rusnano CEO Anatoly Chubais, Russia has already found an alternative source for the technology (mostly memory MRAM) in China and other markets. “This is an example where we were able to quickly find a solution so work at the plant wasn’t disrupted,” Chubais told ITAR-TASS.

The state-owned tech company said it will look east, and try to better plan investments.

Source

So....RUSNANO goes east and it just so happens that Podesta seems to have a way around Joule (with a RUSNANO US CEO on BoD) being able to work directly with the Russians...oddly enough it is to discuss moving east as well.

Hmmmm.......and why is the founder of the company even asking for advice and help from someone that resigned again? And specifically he says this:

As promised, I am providing to you a corporate slide presentation, a short summary of the company and videos of the Hobbs plant. Please let me know if I should change any of it, or feel free to edit as you see fit.

I look forward to learning about next steps and to your guidance for the company about how best to forge partnerships globally.

So Podesta is guiding this guy and the company? WTF?

But screw the sanctions right....we can always find a way around that stuff....

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
HA...and the direct connection to Putin, Russia and Joule....

Joule today announced the election of Anatoly Chubais to its board of directors, adding the expertise and insight of a prominent figure in international business, economics and government. The news was released in conjunction with Joule’s participation at the Russia Forum, an annual meeting of high-profile international economists and business leaders.

Mr. Chubais is Chairman and CEO of RUSNANO, a $10 billion Russian Federation-owned fund created to drive commercialization in the areas of nanotech, biotech and renewable energy, among others. Prior to joining RUSNANO, Mr. Chubais held numerous influential roles both in business and government, including Chairman of Unified Energy System (RAO UES); Russia’s privatized electric power holding, and as Minister of Finance, First Deputy Prime Minister and Presidential Chief-of-Staff under Boris Yeltsin. He is credited for playing a key role in Russia’s transformation to a market-based economy.

en.rusnano.com...

So Chubais is the CEO of RUSNANO directly appointed by Putin. Oddly enough, this announcement is from 2012 and I can't find him on the BoD list anymore. I wonder if he was forced out when the sanctions hit and replaced with the RUSNANO US CEO who was directly under him?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Are you thinking that HRC is paying Podesta to do her behind the scenes work on these projects with RUSNANO and Rosatom?

Why would you think that? Robert Rizzi billed Podesta for "professional services." Here are the services he provides:

Over the past decade, Mr. Rizzi has also concentrated a significant amount of time to guiding prospective political appointees through the vetting process. He has advised them on the initial executive branch vetting process, Senate confirmation, and post-confirmation ethics, compliance, and tax advice. His clients have included cabinet and subcabinet members, administrators and commissioners at various agencies, and numerous ambassadorial appointees in both Democratic and Republican administrations.

www.steptoe.com...

It looks like Podesta hired Steptoe to look at the potential ethical conflicts that would arise if he took Chubais on as a client. Remember, Podesta is a lobbyist and may have been hired by Chubais to lobby the Joule board of directors for him. Of course, there is nothing illegal about this so you probably won't like this explanation.

ETA: Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State and naturally met many Russian officials. Podesta was a lobbyist, and it is public knowledge that he lobbied for some folks I, personally, would consider unsavory, including Yanukovych. The issue is not about Clinton's and her associates known associations, it is with Donald Trump's unknown associations. It is commonly believed that he refuses to release his tax returns because they would reveal his indebtedness to Russian lenders.
edit on 18-10-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Are you thinking that HRC is paying Podesta to do her behind the scenes work on these projects with RUSNANO and Rosatom?

Why would you think that? Robert Rizzi billed Podesta for "professional services." Here are the services he provides:

Over the past decade, Mr. Rizzi has also concentrated a significant amount of time to guiding prospective political appointees through the vetting process. He has advised them on the initial executive branch vetting process, Senate confirmation, and post-confirmation ethics, compliance, and tax advice. His clients have included cabinet and subcabinet members, administrators and commissioners at various agencies, and numerous ambassadorial appointees in both Democratic and Republican administrations.

www.steptoe.com...

It looks like Podesta hired Steptoe to look at the potential ethical conflicts that would arise if he took Chubais on as a client. Remember, Podesta is a lobbyist and may have been hired by Chubais to lobby the Joule board of directors for him. Of course, there is nothing illegal about this so you probably won't like this explanation.

ETA: Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State and naturally met many Russian officials. Podesta was a lobbyist, and it is public knowledge that he lobbied for some folks I, personally, would consider unsavory, including Yanukovych. The issue is not about Clinton's and her associates known associations, it is with Donald Trump's unknown associations. It is commonly believed that he refuses to release his tax returns because they would reveal his indebtedness to Russian lenders.

So you think it took the .30 hours or roughly 20 minutes to vet this guy? It seems more like Podesta said to push him through and get the paperwork ready which would have been a quick phone call or email to review...20 minutes isn't the kind of research I would do on the appointment of a BoD position....guess anything is possible though.

My argument never was that it was illegal....just shady...that is until the time line worked out for this appointment and the Russian sanctions and the story with RUSNANO looking for interests in the east and Joule happening to be doing the same asking Podesta to advise.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I briefly perused the leaks from this morning. I recall seeing quite a few from the east but immediately dismissed them. Also saw an email about an appointment to be made to his employ but to remain hush hush. This is a common practice in private business however. Still a good thread, I keep checking!

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

My argument never was that it was illegal....just shady

Everything in Washington is shady.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Well from what I have read, HRC was actually at the head of the push to get RUSNANO into the US when she was SoS as well...

Right you are:

Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 11:29 AM

Jake: Here is the finalBilateralCommission report text agreed with the Russians. Bill Burns have cleared.

Taken together these efforts are contributing to the growing economic prosperity of both our countries. Symbolic of such constructive cooperation, American companies, such as Microsoft, CISCO Systems, and Siguler Guff, are participating in Russia's Skolkovo Innovation Center Project, with over a billion dollars already committed. The opening of a Russian Innovation Center (representing Rusnano, Russian Venture Company, and Skolkovo) in the Silicon Valley will act as another bridge connecting American and Russian high tech companies, investors, and scientific research institutions. Aeroflot's recent agreement to purchase new Boeing airliners will sustain tens of thousands of jobs in the United States and in Russia. New partnerships are also being created between American and Russian companies in electronics, advanced medical technology, nanotechnology, paper and food processing, and mechanical engineering.

/clinton-emails/emailid/5610

And of course a little more info:

Luxembourg flag Fonds Rusnano Capital S.A. (Luxembourg, 17 Sep 2010- , 5, rue du Kiem L - 1857 Luxembourg)
United States flag branch RUSNANO USA, INC. (California (US), 14 Jan 2011- , 3000 SAND HILL RD 2-240, MENLO PARK, CA 94025)
United States flag RUSNANO USA, INC. (Delaware (US), 8 Dec 2010- )
Switzerland flag Rusnano Capital AG (Switzerland, c/o Format A AG, Pfingstweidstrasse, 102b, Zürich, 8005)
Luxembourg flag Rusnano Sistema SICAR S.A. (Luxembourg, 13 Jan 2012- , 42, rue de la Vallée L - 2661 Luxembourg)
Belgium flag branch Sygma.Novosibirsk (Rusnano Group) (Belgium, 8 Dec 2014- , Inzhenernaya 18, Novosibirsk, ZN)

Open Corporates
edit on 18-10-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: added quote

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Taken together these efforts are contributing to the growing economic prosperity of both our countries.

What? Clinton contributed to growing prosperity? Both in the United States and Russia? Lock her up!

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Think about what you just said and her current stance on Russia.

'But I want to emphasize that what is at stake here is the ambitions and the aggressiveness of Russia,' she said.

'Russia has decided that it's all in in Syria, and they've also decided who they want to see become president of the United States too - and it's not me.

www.dailymail.co.uk... efforts-help-Trump.html

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: DJW001

Think about what you just said and her current stance on Russia.

'But I want to emphasize that what is at stake here is the ambitions and the aggressiveness of Russia,' she said.

'Russia has decided that it's all in in Syria, and they've also decided who they want to see become president of the United States too - and it's not me.

www.dailymail.co.uk... efforts-help-Trump.html

I think what happened is she now understands she was WELL played by Putin from the start...allowing his appointee to build a division of a Russian tech company in the US and have that tech companies CEO appointed to the BoD of a top 20 energy up and comer with US backing.

She painted herself into a corner she can't get out of with this one really. She is in bed with RUSNANO and Rosatom....but has to save face and talk bad about Russia. She was the one who opened the door for them before, during and after sanctions.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I'm beginning to put a few pieces together and I am seeing a bigger picture here. Podesta has his hands in various different energy projects and has sat on boards for just that.

Our government, officially and unofficially, have invested and a vested interest in the research that is being done.

I recall a few passing threads about energy and some new tech that has been very hush hush. What this has to do with putting on a war face with Russian is what's peculiar. I could be rambling at this point but I'm going to dig when I get a chance here.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I'm beginning to put a few pieces together and I am seeing a bigger picture here. Podesta has his hands in various different energy projects and has sat on boards for just that.

Our government, officially and unofficially, have invested and a vested interest in the research that is being done.

I recall a few passing threads about energy and some new tech that has been very hush hush. What this has to do with putting on a war face with Russian is what's peculiar. I could be rambling at this point but I'm going to dig when I get a chance here.

I mean if you want to get MASSIVELY conspiracist about it I could throw a hail mary and say that this is part of the reason we are having conflict with China as well.

My thought is that maybe, just maybe, this tech that Joule and RUSNANO are working on actually has some serious credibility and could be the next wave of energy for the world and way down the road making oil obsolete in a sense, or in the big scheme of things. If Clinton were in on it from the start then she stands to make a major killing..along the lines of the other old POTUS's that have ties with big oil.

So Obama wasn't in the loop and when sanctions hit, the Russians involved said FU Hillary, we will just move our operations to China, well HRC wasn't going to have that so voila....lets manufacture some conflict in the FAR EAST to push them to not work with Russia as well...well that failed to, so now you have Obama AND Hillary basically going to war with Russia over some energy companies....

Anywho...that would be the conspiracy hat in me coming out.....truth is that is likely not the scenario but I like to let my mind wander to fun stories that COULD actually be playing out.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Great research Vasa,

I got to thinking that there could be a few loose FARA filings
out there, that would obscure some of the connections.

Also, John is well connected ( informally supposedly ) with
The Podesta Group, which does PR for these foreign govs.

This was a slick set up while Clinton was Sec of State,
kind of like a triple play as John was in the White House,
Clinton was in The State, and Tony was the PR fixer.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Could someone explain what is wrong with encouraging joint Russian-American business ventures when the official, stated policy of the administration was to "reset" relations?

On a related note, the release of these emails was timed to prevent studying them in depth. They create an aura of misdeeds without providing any concrete evidence of wrong doing. What is illegal about a lobbyist consulting a lawyer before representing a foreign client?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join