It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DiCaprio: Climate Deniers 'Should Not Be Allowed to Hold Public Office'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Telling others how to live, do as i say not as i do. Im super special actor!a reply to: Subaeruginosa

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: TheBulk

Trump says the entire Climate Change "issue" was started by the Chinese as a conspiracy. That amount of stupid tells me he's disqualified, among the many, many, other YUGE reasons he's a terrible candidate.

Donald Trump's campaign manager said Tuesday the candidate does not believe climate change is man-made, a day after his previous statements on the issue were scrutinized at the first presidential debate.

"He believes that global warming is naturally occurring," Kellyanne Conway told CNN's Alisyn Camerota on CNN's "New Day." "There are shifts naturally occurring."

www.cnn.com...

This is off topic though.
edit on 4-10-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Leonardo DiCaprio earned his status and as a fellow human being is entitled to his opinion..... whats the issue here?

And Obama, The President, seems to agree.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Don't I see what's wrong with free speech? No, I don't.

Good lord, I find myself doing this here quite frequently. I'll explain it again:
The issue isn't free speech. I asked specifically " If someone disagrees with you, then you think they don't have the right to seek political office"
That's exactly what DiCaprio is saying. I might disagree with all your views, political or otherwise. I DONT have the right to say you should be excluded from running for politcal office. Can I make it any clearer??????

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Who cares what Di Caprio thinks?

Oh that's right a fair percentage of the female population.

Go Leo!!

If the oft reported Hollywood rumors about his relationships with Toby Maguire, Jared Leto, and Tom Hardy are accurate, those gals are barking up the wrong tree.

Well, there's another demographic to add to his popularity.

People listen to Leo, they listen real good.

Yes, look at them listening:
www.pewinternet.org...

Over half of the Americans polled by Pew reject DiCaprio's BS.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Do you prefer reality tv personalities to do that instead?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Who cares what Di Caprio thinks?

Oh that's right a fair percentage of the female population.

Go Leo!!

If the oft reported Hollywood rumors about his relationships with Toby Maguire, Jared Leto, and Tom Hardy are accurate, those gals are barking up the wrong tree.

Well, there's another demographic to add to his popularity.

People listen to Leo, they listen real good.

Yes, look at them listening:
www.pewinternet.org...

Over half of the Americans polled by Pew reject DiCaprio's BS.

Over half you say? So just under half accept his bs?

How bizarre things have gotten.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Don't I see what's wrong with free speech? No, I don't.

I might disagree with all your views, political or otherwise. I DONT have the right to say you should be excluded from running for politcal office. Can I make it any clearer??????

Well actually, you have every right to say I should be excluded from running for political office.
edit on 4-10-2016 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Pretty predictable. According to AlGore 16 years ago, Americans were supposed to be paddling canoes up main streets in places like New York City and Miami by now. Obviously, that hasn't happened nor has it even remotely come close to happening. Sea level is still sea level, summers are sometimes warm, winters still produce snow, water is still wet... Extremist alarmism stuffed Al's pockets and now we have folks like DiCaprio working to shake out the ketchup bottle before the overwhelming majority of Americans smell his stench and reject this carefully sheltered and meticulously protected "science" for what it is: a ponzi scheme.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

burdman30ott6: Actors should not be allowed to use their celebrity status and large political donations as a conduit to a standing President's ears.

But should reality TV stars be allowed to use their celebrity status and large political donations to run for POTUS? If so, then my vote goes to Kim Kardashian!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
But should reality TV stars be allowed to use their celebrity status and large political donations to run for POTUS? If so, then my vote goes to Kim Kardashian!

Anyone Constitutionally eligible should be allowed to run for any elected office, IMO. There is a world of difference between pursuing a democratically elected position of authority and using your celebrity status to forge a relationship with those already elected to push an agenda.

In the case you're presenting, "The People" are choosing worthiness and merit, in the case of Leo, Barack Obama's infatuation with hobknobbing the entertainment industry's elite is choosing and the People have zero say.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Trump says the entire Climate Change "issue" was started by the Chinese as a conspiracy. That amount of stupid tells me he's disqualified, among the many, many, other YUGE reasons he's a terrible candidate.

It was actually Al gore. WHo was inspired by the chinese scientist. lol. POint is no one denies the climate is changing. it has always done so,but what is debatable is the RATE and SEVERITY and CAUSE.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I'd just say say don't quit your dayjob Leo. You're an actor not a climatologist.
edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: Edited for editing.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So DiCaprio is not allowed to speak to the president as a U.S. citizen? Am I allowed to speak to the president? Are you? I know people who have written letters to Obama, and he wrote them back. He's even met with some people. Is that not allowed?

Lots of people send him letters, pamphlets, videos, etc. It's up to him what he will respond to and what he won't. We all already know his stance on climate change. DiCaprio didn't sway him in any way.

If Charlton Heston was still alive, and he met with hypothetical President Trump to discuss the importance of maintaining the 2nd amendment, I bet you wouldn't have a problem with it, but that's because you're a big 2nd amendment person.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Oh man...this is why I just LOVE liberals. They are so into "embracing diversity."

(Unless, of course, it diverges from THEIR agenda.)

HYPOCRITES.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
If Charlton Heston was still alive, and he met with hypothetical President Trump to discuss the importance of maintaining the 2nd amendment, I bet you wouldn't have a problem with it, but that's because you're a big 2nd amendment person.

It's kind of a Constitutional Right, plus supporting it isn't using celebrity status to push a standing official to change something.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Uh huh.

So a couple of opinionated guys who have absolutely no say over the constitutionally democratic process of future presidential candidates is somehow going to put a halt to the constitutionally democratic process ?

Hoo boy...

Please tell me you guys don't actually take any of this crap seriously ?!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy
Oh man...this is why I just LOVE liberals. They are so into "embracing diversity."

(Unless, of course, it diverges from THEIR agenda.)

HYPOCRITES.
what's your agenda then?
global warming isn't happening or china started it?
they are the ones trump flip flops between, while every scientist disagrees.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

With the scientists in question having been bought and paid for by George Soros through the tentacles of his control organisation, I am not surprised to see actors being bought and paid for to spout 'scientific' nonsense. There ain't no such thing as 'settled science'.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Sure it is, if Heston told President Trump that no new laws should be passed regarding gun restrictions, or that some existing gun restriction laws should be repealed. But Heston would have a right as a U.S. citizen to speak his mind to the President if the President wanted to give him an audience. Just like DiCaprio has a right as a U.S. citizen to speak his mind to Obama if Obama wants to give him an audience.

You of course know that the President can't make or do away with laws - it takes a whole Congress to do that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join