It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DiCaprio: Climate Deniers 'Should Not Be Allowed to Hold Public Office'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I just love how these useful idiots surround themselves with fellow wana-be totalitarians to demonize fellow Americans. DiCaprio claims
climate deniers" shouldn't be able to hold public office, with the seeming approval of the current POTUS Obama. This should disturb everyone. I believe this is the future of political discourse in our country. Between the the media and academia being dominated by the left, I do fear they will succeed in criminalizing all non-left wing approved beliefs.

In any case, the people who are skeptical of the current AGW beliefs do not deny change. They are rightfully skeptical of corrupt, power hungry governments and so called "scientists" who manipulate data to continue getting their grants. Not to mention all the failed predictions that end up looking like end of the world prophecies that constantly need recalculated.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Trump says the entire Climate Change "issue" was started by the Chinese as a conspiracy. That amount of stupid tells me he's disqualified, among the many, many, other YUGE reasons he's a terrible candidate.
edit on 4-10-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

burdman30ott6: Actors should not be allowed to use their celebrity status and large political donations as a conduit to a standing President's ears.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

STFU Gilbert Grape...

What do you know about anything?

Tired of actors telling me how to feel and what to think.

link   

I believe this is the future of political discourse in our country.

This is the current discourse, although it's going to get much worse.

Great thread! I agree, and posted on another thread earlier about how scientists lie, obfuscate, and falsify data these days.

link   
Hmmm, the list of people who shouldn't be allowed to hold public office in this country is growing.

We can't have religious people, non-politicians, non-Ivy League educated folks, now we can't have "climate deniers" either?

Nest thing you know, the elites will simply tell us that they are suspending the elections because the little people just plain pick wrong.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
...said DiCaprio, after flying in on his private jet. Later he boarded his private jet and flew back to his superyacht.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Leonardo DiCaprio earned his status and as a fellow human being is entitled to his opinion..... whats the issue here?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I have a better idea. How about if you believe in man-made climate change, you can't own a plane.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Who cares what Di Caprio thinks?

Oh that's right a fair percentage of the female population.

Go Leo!!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
anyone that rejects science shouldn't be elected, however the electorate worldwide is stupid, so stopping these knumbskulls running is probably the only answer.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

Of course he did, he's a Champion of the Environment and, thus, allowed. We are not. Marilyn Manson hit the nail on the head: "The weak ones are there to justify the strong." In the minds of these worthless pieces of crap on that video, we "pleebs" have 3 tasks which we must never question:
1. Do whatever they say we should do
2. Do whatever we need to do to ensure their pockets are filled
3. Accept a position of lowliness to their superiority

Funny thing, that... I'm fairly certain that a straight right to the nose of any of these wastes of time and space on that video would drop them right to the ground... behold, America, your gods are but weak men who have enough wealth and connections to robe themselves in the vestments of the immortals, but lack the strength and fortitude required to survive in any manifestation of the real world.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

I'll go a step further and say I'm tired of politicians telling me what to think, and how wrong I am if I think differently from them...

...I get that enough here.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

"Science" which recoils from testing and challenges and requires political protection from skepticism isn't "science" at all, it's a farce.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Leonardo DiCaprio earned his status and as a fellow human being is entitled to his opinion..... whats the issue here?

The issue is that he's talking like a typical left-wing facist elitist. If you disagree with his ideaology, you shouldn't be allowed to hold political office. Don't you see what's wrong with that?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Go Leo!!

If the oft reported Hollywood rumors about his relationships with Toby Maguire, Jared Leto, and Tom Hardy are accurate, those gals are barking up the wrong tree.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

anyone that rejects science shouldn't be elected

Yea, like the last 4 or 5 presidents were quantum visionaries.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Climate Deniers 'Should Not Be Allowed to Hold Public Office'

Hear hear...

To the gallows !!!!!!

Off with their heads !!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Don't you see what's wrong with that?

Don't I see what's wrong with free speech?

No, I don't.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Go Leo!!

If the oft reported Hollywood rumors about his relationships with Toby Maguire, Jared Leto, and Tom Hardy are accurate, those gals are barking up the wrong tree.

Well, there's another demographic to add to his popularity.

People listen to Leo, they listen real good.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join