It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS mysteriously rushing to naturalize immigrants before election

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Here is another link showing that a majority of illegal immigrants would vote democrat which is why the Obama administration is trying so hard to allow illegal immigrants to vote, among other tactics they have been using and are using to buy votes.

www.pewresearch.org...
edit on 28-9-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Here is another link showing that a majority of illegal immigrants would vote democrat
What? You have funny math and a strange way of interpreting data.

In 2012, the Pew Research Center’s National Survey of Latinos found that among Latino immigrants who are not U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents (and therefore likely unauthorized immigrants), some 31% identify as Democrats

www.pewresearch.org...

edit on 9/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What? Phage decided to completely ignore the figures given in a link?...

www.pewresearch.org...

A Figure that states unauthorized immigrants (who identify as democrat) 31% would vote democrat and 4% (who identify as republican) would vote republican? That 23% lean democrat but don't consider themselves democrat, and 15% lean republican but don't identify as republican?

in total 54% of Illegal immigrants would vote democrat and 19% would vote republican

But Phage, among some others, wants to claim the Obama administration and in general the democrat party don't have a reason for rushing in and finding loopholes to get more illegal immigrants to vote in the elections?...

edit on 28-9-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

in total 54% of Illegal immigrants would vote democrat and 19% would vote republican

Um...where does it say that 54% would vote Democrat? You know that there are registered Democrats who are voting for Trump. Right? Do you think any Democrat "leaning" citizens might be doing the same? Oh, and of course there are Republicans who will be voting for Hillary as well. Right?

But again, your OP is about new citizens. So how illegal immigrants would or would not vote is moot. But here's something interesting:

Our regression results suggest that, net of social and demographic factors, naturalized citizens are less likely to register and vote than native citizens across all years.
www.census.gov...

So, with all this in mind:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Even if all the new citizens from all of their various origins voted democrat, it's a tiny drop in a big bucket.

But that's ok. We get it. You don't like new citizens (no matter where they come from) because they might vote for Hillary. Naturalizations should stop until after the elections. Just like appointing a new Justice. We get it. Should we shut down the whole government? Again?

edit on 9/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: GodEmperor

That's only comparing the number of applications for citizenship with the election season of 2012. It's the immigrants themselves who file those applications to become citizens, not the DHS. From your own source:

Applications for immigrants applying to be U.S. citizens are higher now than they were in the last election cycle. Between October 2015 and March 2016, Immigration Services received 439,887 N-400 applications for citizenship, compared to 412,414 applications in 2012 during the same period. That’s about a 6% increase.

How does that fit the OP's claim that this is because of Pres Obama and the DHS? If anything, we could blame the anti-immigrant rhetoric for the increase, since they'd theoretically want to avoid being deported by a possible Trump administration.

Well, since global population rises at a rate of just over 1% a year and this study is over 8 years, why do we see less than 7% increase?

Seems like a reduction if you ask me.
edit on 29-9-2016 by Tempter because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I don't know about DHS pushing this, I can tell you I do fingerprinting for a private company, for government jobs. We had to be certified by the FBI to perform this job. I have been fingerprinting (digitally)for several years now. In the last month, I have had a huge influx of immigrants coming in for fingerprinting, and also to mail visas to other countries (We also ship, notarize) . I feel like a rush is def on to get others in, and to document those who are here.
edit on 29-9-2016 by MayRenee because: To add information

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MayRenee

May have something to do with this:
www.oig.dhs.gov...

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I know I heard about this matter, frankly I had not paid it much attention as far as researching. I should have known this. Each of them have to certify there status by presenting particular information, proof of their status. If everything matches up with the information onscreen, I may proceed with fingerprinting. We are never allowed to question the applicants though regarding why they are there.

I thought it was odd that we had this sudden boom on fingerprinting and documentations. I mostly certify people who are teachers, bus drivers, bankers, state workers, ect. This influx is def new. Immigrants from several different nationalities.
edit on 29-9-2016 by MayRenee because: Edited to add information

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

We are never allowed to question the applicants though regarding why they are there.

Obviously.

So, how do you know it has anything to do with immigration?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Sorry, I just added info above that might explain. Because the influx of clients are very different from what I usually see as far as fingerprinting goes. I have never scanned so many passports and visas and have to take pictures as well. It is usually a 4 finger slap, thumbs, roll each finger and sign and you are done. All the immigrants coming in are having to get everything, photos, full printing, and scanned documents.

Although I cannot question an applicant, they tend to volunteer why they are there. They have questions for me that I cannot answer, I know nothing about the jobs they are applying for. I simply direct them to whoever sent them there.
edit on 29-9-2016 by MayRenee because: Edited to add information

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I have never scanned so many passports and visas and have to take pictures as well.

All the immigrants coming in are having to get everything, photos, full printing, and scanned documents.

Passports. Visas. Immigrants.

All the same thing? All having to do with application for naturalization?

None of those have anything to do with naturalization. Unless it is to verify identity. Per DHS getting its ass handed to it.

edit on 9/29/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Like I said, I do not know why they are there. If they volunteer that information, then I am privy to it. Otherwise I ask no questions. I have not had any of these applicants volunteer information.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I suppose the most reasonable explanation would be that there is some reason immigrants are being asked by their employers to document their statuses. Perhaps local employers have not been so diligent in making sure of status on each employee?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Could be. And that would be a good thing.
But speculation about it...maybe not so good. From your perspective.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Um...where does it say that 54% would vote Democrat? You know that there are registered Democrats who are voting for Trump. Right? Do you think any Democrat "leaning" citizens might be doing the same? Oh, and of course there are Republicans who will be voting for Hillary as well. Right?

If 31% who identify as democrat, and 23% lean to democrats and democrats are the ones pushing for these "fast track" and other loopholes to make illegal immigrants into not only legal citizens, but even able to vote, what would their votes be?... Are you really that naive, or are you simply just playing some sick game? If 54% lean towards democrats, it means at least those 54% of illegal immigrants will vote for the democrats... It's not rocket science Phage...

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

it means at least those 54% of illegal immigrants will vote for the democrats

No, it doesn't. You first assume that if they "lean" Democrat they will vote Democrat. You next assume they will vote at all. Next, you ignore the fact that illegal immigrants can't legally vote at all nor can they obtain citizenship. Your assumptions are moot.

edit on 9/29/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Over 70% of immigrants vote democrat.

The mall shooter in Washington, voted in federal elections due to lax liberal laws, he was not a US citizen.

Due to the liberal laws, non-citizens can fraudulently vote in federal elections with ease. Getting a visa with ease, getting into the country, is all it takes.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If your party wants to do things that are unconstitutional immigrants make the best voter because they don't understand or care.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join