It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do when a person stinks?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Body odor is terrible BUT . . . cologne/perfume I absolutely cannot stand.

I have a headache for days after inhaling this stuff from people. YUCK !!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaphneApollo
Body odor is terrible BUT . . . cologne/perfume I absolutely cannot stand.

You'd like mine.

Almost posted my first rant over this: I got a haircut yesterday. Told the lady not to put that toilet water stuff on me. So, what does she do? She rubs me down with some scented brush. I hate that cheap barbershop smell so bad I had to go home and shower at 9:30 in the morning.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Nothing.

Women are especially complainant when it comes to smells, and yet they don't realize they smell too. Men just aren't that stupid to tell a woman the truth about their smells.

We all smell other people because it's new. We don't notice our own smells because we are non-aware of it.

Everybody smells. Get over it.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycatally

Same as in college dorms, offices or apartment buildings....leave deodorant, toothpaste, mouthwash...leaning against their office, dorm room, on their desk....they hopefully will get the message.*

*PS That does work usually

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: the thread and members

i live for perfume...and folks on the bus are all, ''this is a scent free zone! we all so very sensitive and allergic to everything these days!.."
oh well, now i walk everywhere!
reminds me of my annoyed friend from brewery...singing this out loud...cuz he mentioned a scent i wore...
truly this song is bad programming and not fit for young malable minds...drugs and drink are not cool! just an alert to let you know the content of which you are about to listen too!

now i just wear my patchuli far from people as i walk through town...avoiding all people!

edit on 27-9-2016 by peppycat because: warning...pg 21-rated song!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Nothing.

True, if we didn't make up all these perfumes/spray stuff (to hide it) then everyone would smell and no one say anything.

We'd still get a shower but everyone would use the same product, water and soap as used today and cheap.

Guess those that choose to stink have a reason or else find a public toilet and wash lol.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

smelling is one thing smelling like rotting pig liver is anothe.r eat a bunch of meat and drink a lot ...you will smell rancid and sick like rotting brussell sprouts...like like rotting flesh...not attractive!
i know the smell of infection cuz my cat hides his wounds until i smell them...he doesn't like to complain and wants to be tough! thats is not cool tome..if your hurt or sick it is good to seek help if there is too much pain to tend to ones own wounds...IMHO physical pain is also in conjunction to emotions or lack of...IMHO
peace you

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

everyone permeates a smell. yes
not everyone stinks though

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29

True, if we didn't make up all these perfumes/spray stuff (to hide it) then everyone would smell and no one say anything.

i see what you are saying but everyone that uses perfume or cologne does not use it to hide their stank.
some do sure but others use it because instead of smelling one way, they want to smell like flowers instead.
you know

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Tell them outright. Years ago I had a foreman I worked with stop at a Eckerds drug store and bought a whole big ole bottle of Old Spice . Never said a word to anyone. When we arrived at the job site, he went inside out of our eyesight & pulled the little shaker top off that Old Spice. He then came up to another co-worker on the job ( the guy riding shotgun in our truck, I was stuck in the middle), and poured that damn whole bottle on the man.

Then he let him know the following.....I can take your stink in the evening on the ride home, but be damned if I'm gonna deal with it on the ride to the job. You got a house & a shower just like me so start goddam using it. I never had to deal with Stanky Ken ever again......Man smelled like Gain detergent from that day on.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

not everyone stinks though

Yes they do.

As I said, it's a matter of what our nose is used to smelling, and what it isn't.

You can be around people who stink all day, every day, and stop noticing it.

edit on 27-9-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
personally i like gifts of soap and find it strange that so many people find being given soap as a host/hostess gift or stocking stufffer is implying they need to bathe...and sometimes people do need to wash up and soap is fun to use for hands face and arms, before eating a meal after working several hours outdoors like tree work or being at a registar with germy money!
BO is often from consuming to many animal protiens..ect..in my personal discoveries...plus as mention above in other post by member, some times people just do not like the way another smells and is not comfortable as company...thats when you find another spot away from that person...
anyways i am just sorta rambling on and on here thanks ATS, Gotta jet now thanks for conversating!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Yes they do.

As I said, it's a matter of what our nose is used to smelling, and what it isn't.

You can be around people who stink all day, every day, and stop noticing it.

you can say yes they do all day if you want to. i dont agree.
i would say it as all people have a scent, yes. that does not mean they stink.

i know what you are saying. yes you can get used to a smell and not notice it. true
not everyone stinks.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

"Stink" is quite subjective.

What smells objectionable to you may be a norm to someone else.

I like the smell of curry. Some people say it stinks.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29

i see what you are saying but everyone that uses perfume or cologne does not use it to hide their stank.
some do sure but others use it because instead of smelling one way, they want to smell like flowers instead.
you know

True, I always have a shower and if i'm going out use aftershave and spray stuff, but yeah others ie, my best mate's friend smells like ass and so does his house, i just have a laugh and say don't breath on me again and get a shower cause you smell like crap, he takes it as a joke but it's no joke and he has all the facilities to smell good if he wanted to...His fault.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

a reply to: TinySickTears

"Stink" is quite subjective.

What smells objectionable to you may be a norm to someone else.

I like the smell of curry. Some people say it stinks.

youre right. my nose is the only nose i can speak for though.
to my nose, not everyone stinks.

im not just talking about people i am around for some time and after a bit i dont smell them anymore. im talking about not everyone stinks.
having a scent is not the same as stinking.
everyone has a scent. not everyone stinks(at least not all the time)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

i have tried many times will give this idea a go again..its to bad there is prison trauma involved.. so showering in water is a messed up thing to want to do anymore...most vile folks think its funny that a person has gone through heck from a couple fist fights and hate all ex convicts/ felons what not...and i don't think anything is funny in my post here...just so you know...thanks for the idea, will try it once more...
edit on 27-9-2016 by peppycat because: c s a y w no means no

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

if a person is afraid(can't or won't) shower they can damn sure still wash themselves up a bit

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

You know? You just cant tell some people these things...you have to just find away to "suggest" it.
This way is one of them...

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

i just say it as it is in private...i smell you smell we all smell... no matter how much water is wasted on the east or west coast...conserve water ..is my motto! as Trump clearly suggested..my state should be in a drought and i most deathly disagree on that statement made by him...some shamans are seeing things clearly at this point as to what to do about it...
i am so peeved at Trump saying that! i will write him a letter and throw his state into a drought ..see what he thinks of that! just kidding i don't stoop so low as that! HE NEEDS A HURRICANE!

PLUS INFORM HIM OF WATER WASTE IN THE BARRACKS KITCHENS....i mean wastful most disturbing as i worked long hours in south Carolina military base...disgusting amounts of water just down the drain for several hours!
thanks for the reply, i am angry still after over 15 years from seeing the devistation of water waste!

edit on 27-9-2016 by peppycat because: ughh i have been through one drought too many for me not to be upset!

<< 1    3 >>

join