It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do when a person stinks?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
okay, so sometimes smell like something...like their breath or other areas stink...and i took a class about sociology telling me to pretend that the stink is not there...i am not sure about this as i try recommendations left and right about medicines and other formulations to cure these issues with stinky people and places...
Essential oils...enzyme therapy for septic tank issues and on and on and on...!
sorry this might be a rant... because i don't prescribe pills left and right no one listens to word i say!
as a person that studies herbal remedies and and other natural cures for spiritual and health afflictions... i offer advice completly free as i am stll learning any any real good doctor would help a person out with out charge...there is some code or something about what a true doctor should do for sick people...
i am just so distraught over no one listening to my advice.... probably cause i smoke drink caffine and achohol like a normal hypocrate!
sorry i will consume something other than bread and water soon for brain function to care deeply over grammar and spelling..
my english will improve one day only to impress me! and that i guess is why i no longer care for many professional scholorly types as i really only care what i think and if i make an animal or human feel better without needing to say ..."so there!.." i'd bei saying it into thin air any how and fight with no one as always... thats a rant please excuse the wrong forum and move if so inclined... thanks for reading Mods ect.. members

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
You tell them in a loud voice, "YOU STINK!!"

If they don't get up and leave ... hit the repeatedly about the head and shoulders until they get the message their foulness is unwanted and will no longer be tolerated in a public environment.

That is all.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Tic-Tac officer?

I was told once to anonymously gift them with a shower/hygiene kit, or deodorant/Binaca spray/bleach, etc.

Worked for a coffee-breath coworker I had once, left the tic-tacs and travel toothbrush and paste on his car one day. He got the hint.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Tested and proven true. Works every time.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger
Not all stinks are the fault of the person concerned.
Try looking up Trimethylaminuria
The problem with the anonymous approach, in that case, is that the victim never gets the opportunity to offer any explanation.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
large novelty clothespin on your nose and a spraying them with febreeze

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You could also take up smoking and eliminate your own sense of smell... that works for me and the smelly people I always seem to find around me.

Sucks to be made of pure porcelain in a world of stinky flesh.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Thats fine, as an explanation would require one additional face to face exposure of said smells...

Kidding, you are more than right in pointing this out.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If it is your good friend, you should tell them nicely that they need to address it. Bad breath sometimes can be a problem that you cannot smell yourself but others can. mints work fine. Body odors could smell bad to you but do not bother others. That is because you may have an intolerance to the bacteria that creates them.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
You could also take up smoking and eliminate your own sense of smell... that works for me and the smelly people I always seem to find around me.

Sucks to be made of pure porcelain in a world of stinky flesh.

Very good suggestion, it works well.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Unless it's someone really close to you, peppy, like your spouse, child, or bff, I'm afraid you'll have to ignore it.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Just go full retard on the problem walk in and shout o god has someone stood on crap what a bloody smell , has something died

make them paranoid

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
You tell them in a loud voice, "YOU STINK!!"

If they don't get up and leave ... hit the repeatedly about the head and shoulders until they get the message their foulness is unwanted and will no longer be tolerated in a public environment.

That is all.

Ha ha ha ha.

If only we could all be like this. The World would be a worse place.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

i told a grubby fake houseless guy with important cell phone and car around the corner to brush his teath cuz his breath was foul and i don't care...bad breath is a sign of ill health...
dodctor or nor people need to be aware that smells mean somthing when it boils down to health...thanks i speak my mind to anyone that needs it or they can be sick...

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Set up the lunch room joke:

"My friend has no nose"

"How do they smell?"

"Awful!"

Ba-dom-tish.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Just go full retard on the problem walk in and shout o god has someone stood on crap what a bloody smell , has something died

make them paranoid

Lol!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Well them tell 'em baby!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think he/she said they smoke.
I smoke and it's not helping, I swear I have hyper sensitive sense of smell. Always been this way as a child, I could tell who was visiting .

When my kids were little I 'used' them. Hey tell that person they stink. Kids do say the darnedest things after all!

One way to drop the hint if you come across a real stinker while out grocery shopping, is to drop all the hygiene items in their cart lol Not just one or two so they think it was a mistaken drop, but a whole bunch of stuff

I notice a lot of people, who may indeed bathe daily, stink simply because they're a clothes dropper. Always dumping their clothes on the floor, leaving them there for days or even wearing again. They now smell like dirt and need to be laundered a few times to get the stench out. I put my clothes in the laundry basket right away and wash them as soon as. I'm just going by house guests I've had who left clothes in the floor. # me, they have seriously stunk the whole room up! I had to wash the sheets about 6 times.

I smell everybody, I hate being able to smell everything like an animal.
There's one delivery girl I keep getting who smells like value village, a cheap store that stinks of unlaunered clothing. She can be standing several feet back on my front steps and the whiff of her comes right in my house, I have to spray febreeze for hours after she's been.

Aside from that op I don't think most people welcome unsolicited advise on any subject.

edit on 27-9-2016 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2016 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
just tell them their breath, clothes, hair, face, whatever smells like ass and youre not into it.
done

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Ether say,, get a shower or bath and stop smelling like crap (hard way)..

Or invite them to a swimming pool and they get a free shower/steam room and possibly something to eat (easy way).

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join