It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump Wins is Tom Hanks or Klooney Next???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Mark levin (I'm pretty sure it was him) made a really interesting point on his show.

If Tump wins, then why wouldn't Klooney or Hanks run??

Basically he was saying that since the GOP is light years behind the left in celebrity support. Maybe the right shouldn't be happy about a celebrity president breaking that barrier.

This definately applies to the politicians on the left as well. What democrat could beat Tom Hanks in an election?? Bernie? Hillary? I don't think so...

Trump is a very experienced showman and buisness man, but he is not a trained thespian.

I don't think any politican could win in a debate against a professional actor with world wide name recognition... Espeacially a squeaky clean one like Hanks or Will Smith.

Even more so since the present trend is for moderators not to interfer.

Just imagine a debate with some dried up old politician vs affleck, Damon, Stewart, exc and both sides are allowed to lie with impunity?!?!

The GOP is screwed...

If Trump loses the GOP rips itself apart pointing fingers..

If Trump wins the social conservative movement is dead and liberal celebrities will think "man that could be me!" And they will be right!

PS Scott Bayo vs. Tom hanks, Scott doesn't win a state.

PPS Regan was never an A lister nor was he a house hold name.

Trump will be the first A lister to become president.

edit on 25-9-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Great post. Scott Baio would win nothing. No matter how much of a crush I had on him as a child.

I wish Jon Stewart had run, actually.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Very interesting topic Joshua..But first this

But he was. He was a heart throb kinda B grade actor, but popular enough. Then he went on TV as a soap (Boraxo) for years and hosted a western tv series sponsered by the soap. So he was a house hold name. That is why the National Association of Manufacturers backed him so heavily, because he WAS a household name, and face. Through him they promoted there pro business agenda and their trickle down theory.

I would also like to add to your thoughts Jesse Ventura. Jesse, though officially an independent, was very conservative in his politics and social outlook. Though he spoke conspiratorially his belief in conspiracies was much more conservative than liberal.

And Trump speaks for itself. He has sought the support of conservatives not liberals. For some reason, the democrats have not gone to what you call A listers to run. And I think you are correct when you point out that almost any polished actor would wipe the floor with most politicians in a debate.

It is a wonder that the democrats do not run celebrities. And maybe you are right. Maybe if Trump wins, next time thy will. Something to think about.

edit on 30America/ChicagoSun, 25 Sep 2016 18:40:42 -0500Sun, 25 Sep 2016 18:40:42 -050016092016-09-25T18:40:42-05:00600000040 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yep, or Colbert. Either would run circles around Trump. But it does show just how out of touch the Democrat Party is with the new world. They are still playing by their old play book. Trump shows up and, bingo, takes that book, rips it in half, tosses it in everyones faces and now the Dems are in a fight for their lives.

Clinton at least might have chosen a 'face' for her VP. Instead she picked a milquetoast Kaine. Who the hell is he? Hell he is on the ticket as VP and I can hardly remember his name.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
No , they got no chance. Just acting parrots whos job entitles memorizing lines and repeating them for the public
Oh , wait....

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If Trump wins you're pretty much guaranteeing Kanye West will be your president in 2020. Think about that.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Be very very afraid Tayler Swift.

In other news, I'd probably vote for Tom Hanks. Crap.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Very interesting topic Joshua..But first this

But he was. He was a heart throb kinda B grade actor, but popular enough. Then he went on TV as a soap (Boraxo) for years and hosted a western tv series sponsered by the soap. So he was a house hold name. That is why the National Association of Manufacturers backed him so heavily, because he WAS a household name, and face. Through him they promoted there pro business agenda and their trickle down theory.

I would also like to add to your thoughts Jesse Ventura. Jesse, though officially an independent, was very conservative in his politics and social outlook. Though he spoke conspiratorially his belief in conspiracies was much more conservative than liberal.

And Trump speaks for itself. He has sought the support of conservatives not liberals. For some reason, the democrats have not gone to what you call A listers to run. And I think you are correct when you point out that almost any polished actor would wipe the floor with most politicians in a debate.

It is a wonder that the democrats do not run celebrities. And maybe you are right. Maybe if Trump wins, next time thy will. Something to think about.

Wasn't Regean in one or two movies??

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

He could have ran in this one, why didn't he?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Seeing how the last actor in office screwed this nation up so badly why would anyone support the idea of voting in another one based solely on the reason they are an actor?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
A bunch of movies, many of which were war movies. So he had this image as a war hero of sorts. And then there was the sports hero movies. That is where he got his nickname of the Gipper by playing George Gipp from Notre Dame who died at age 25 after a big win against Northwestern. A very sympathetic character. Again this was an All American hero kind of role that left an impression on the older folks who were young at the time. Of course there was also the movie that he starred in where he played second fiddle to a monkey in Bedtime for Bonzo.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I reckon Ron Jeremy could get elected US president with the way things are going, at least you know he is going to @#%& you.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I will have to find the video later... But I watched a interview with a certain actor.. I saw this interview because it was shared on Facebook by a very conservative Christian friend. Praising this celebrity and their belief in God and good Christian values . Thing is he never claimed to be a Christian ... Always "the builder/architect/creator" ... Basically it was a Christianity plug without any mention of Christ . I Inmediately thought " this is a primer for this guy to be president!! " appealing to the Christian Right yet never claiming it outright, all Amrican family man , good with tools . In fact you could call him the "tool man"... No not Maynard!
Let's make it official . I Predict one day the presidency (granted as Long as ww3 doesn't start) will belong to non other than...

Tim "the tool man Taylor "Allen !!

Please hold your applause..

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
If Trump wins you're pretty much guaranteeing Kanye West will be your president in 2020. Think about that.

Lol no one on either side like Kanye. Guarentee he runs though lol

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
A bunch of movies, many of which were war movies. So he had this image as a war hero of sorts. And then there was the sports hero movies. That is where he got his nickname of the Gipper by playing George Gipp from Notre Dame who died at age 25 after a big win against Northwestern. A very sympathetic character. Again this was an All American hero kind of role that left an impression on the older folks who were young at the time. Of course there was also the movie that he starred in where he played second fiddle to a monkey in Bedtime for Bonzo.

Read his bio..

Was more pre leant than I thought but was only B list at best.

NOTHING like a Trump or klooney

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Actually if we continue on this path of insanity it makes sense that the next celeb would be John Malkovich:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

oh crap. klooney.....he is going to run.....

FFS.

I will count that as a definite and absolute. He is being groomed as we speak. I know it.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I would vote for him soooo hard.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

i mean id vote tom hanks so darn likeable

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link