It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton says she can maybe 'talk to white people' about police shootings.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Gryphon66

In context with........?

She intends to speak directly to white people. Her words.

When she loses the election perhaps she can have a career as the "white people whisperer", as only she can speak directly to them.

Correct - but the deflection from her truly bizarre statement has started.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The context is what Clinton actually said, not your paraphrase of it to suit your agenda.

Surely you have no issue with a simple quote, right? In order to reflect the actual facts of the matter?

If you don't think that there are real issues facing all Americans relating to racial tensions and law enforcement, you simply haven't been paying attention.

She told us, in the quote I provided, what she would say "by speaking directly to white people." That's why I provided it.

No reason to be obtuse on this issue; she was very clear not to mention supportive of law enforcement.

Typical Clinton-bashing: much ado about nothing.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

In context with........?

When she loses the election perhaps she can have a career as the "white people whisperer", as only she can speak directly to them.

Deflection by QUOTING her actual words?

You're the one that used a right-wing rag article that only provided one sentence out of context.

Please. Don't misrepresent the obvious truth so blatantly ... it's demeaning for you and discredits ATS. IMO.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The context is what Clinton actually said, not your paraphrase of it to suit your agenda.

Surely you have no issue with a simple quote, right? In order to reflect the actual facts of the matter?

If you don't think that there are real issues facing all Americans relating to racial tensions and law enforcement, you simply haven't been paying attention.

She told us, in the quote I provided, what she would say "by speaking directly to white people." That's why I provided it.

No reason to be obtuse on this issue; she was very clear not to mention supportive of law enforcement.

Typical Clinton-bashing: much ado about nothing.

I agree, it's what she said that is important.
So she said that she was going to speak to white people.

Still wondering what she intends to say and which white people she is going to address...
edit on 21/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

In context with........?

Deflection by QUOTING her actual words?

You're the one that used a right-wing rag article that only provided one sentence out of context.

Please. Don't misrepresent the obvious truth so blatantly ... it's demeaning for you and discredits ATS. IMO.

Actually, I linked Huffingtonpost too...

Nice try, though.
Try to read a thread before jumping in - I think it demeans you otherwise and discredits ATS.

Do you think she is going to speak to black people too and maybe Hispanics, or is her plan to speak only to white people? maybe she could have a sidebar with Asians... as long as she keeps all the groups divided, of course, I am sure it will all work out just dandy.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

She told you what she was going to say "to white people" ... it's clear, straight-forward and in the remainder of the quote I provided.

You didn't quote anything in your OP aside from the trash article. That's what I was responding to.

And you didn't bother to quote Clinton, you just tried to spin one sentence into garbage to fit your agenda.

So, now we know what she said, in context, and it's completely clear and admirable.

Do you disagree with her that we should all work together? (I mean, I know you're in the UK and all, but still, imagine you're here.)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

She told you what she was going to say "to white people" ... it's clear, straight-forward and in the remainder of the quote I provided.

You didn't quote anything in your OP aside from the trash article. That's what I was responding to.

And you didn't bother to quote Clinton, you just tried to spin one sentence into garbage to fit your agenda.

So, now we know what she said, in context, and it's completely clear and admirable.

Do you disagree with her that we should all work together? (I mean, I know you're in the UK and all, but still, imagine you're here.)

So you think her message is that she is going to speak to white people tell them that some police are good?

Here's your section "telling us" what she is going to say to white people

We’ve got to do everything possible to improve policing, to go right at implicit bias. There are good, honorable, cool-headed police officers. We have seen them in action in New York over the last 48 hours because of the terrorist attacks. We can do better. We have got to rein in what is absolutely inexplicable. And we have got to have law enforcement respect communities and communities respect law enforcement because they have to work together.

Why does she have to tell white people that? Why is that a message for white people?

...and so we're back to the important thing she said.... why is she mentioning that she is going to speak to white people?

Too funny.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Nope. She was more clear if you bothered to read her quote:

1. This is not who we are. (EDIT: you can interpret "this" on your own, she's referring to racial bias in law enforcement I believe.)

2. We’ve got to do everything possible to improve policing, to go right at implicit bias.

3. There are good, honorable, cool-headed police officers. We have seen them in action in New York over the last 48 hours because of the terrorist attacks.

4. We can do better. We have got to rein in what is absolutely inexplicable.

5. We have got to have law enforcement respect communities and communities respect law enforcement because they have to work together.

Does that make it easier for you to see what Clinton is saying?

edit on 21-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

why is she mentioning that she is going to speak to white people?

Because of her audience. Be a grown up and accept that that is how politics works.
edit on 21-9-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Nope. She was more clear if you bothered to read her quote:

1. (Racial bias in law enforcement) is not who we are.

2. We’ve got to do everything possible to improve policing, to go right at implicit bias.

3. There are good, honorable, cool-headed police officers. We have seen them in action in New York over the last 48 hours because of the terrorist attacks.

4. We can do better. We have got to rein in what is absolutely inexplicable.

5. We have got to have law enforcement respect communities and communities respect law enforcement because they have to work together.

Does that make it easier for you to see what Clinton is saying?

...and that is a message for white people explicitly, why?

So now we're back to the ACTUAL point

Why is this a white issue whereby she has to broker a conversation with a whole race of people?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

why is she mentioning that she is going to speak to white people?

Because of her audience. Be a grown up and accept that that is how politics works.

Top prize.

She was pandering by playing racial politics

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The actual point is that you only want to sow racial division?

Why is it a White issue? She's already talking to Black people about the issues.

Why are you so obsessed with race? She clearly says we all have to work together.

Should I quote it for you AGAIN?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Top prize.

You can keep it if you promise to stop acting "shocked" by run-of-the-mill occurrences.

They all do it. The division isn't just race.
edit on 21-9-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The actual point is that you only want to sow racial division?

Why is it a White issue? She's already talking to Black people about the issues.

Why are you so obsessed with race? She clearly says we all have to work together.

Should I quote it for you AGAIN?

It's actually a racial politics and pandering issue.... very divisive.
Seems a bit of a faux pas for her only to have been speaking to black people, if that is true. Sounds like she is unqualified to represent the entire country if she has to rush to speak to white people this late in the day.
I wonder if the 25% of the police force who are not white will be included in this latest conversation?

It's Hillary Clinton playing the race card, I'm genuinely curious which white people she thinks she needs to talk with on behalf of black people to solve her perception of the police issue.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Top prize.

You can keep it if you promise to stop acting "shocked" by run-of-the-mill occurrences.

They all do it. The division isn't just race.

I'm never shocked with how low Clinton goes. Still important to point out her racism and bigotry each time she spews it.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Now you sound just as bad as those criticizing Trump.

Sorry, if you thought you were actually on the side of truth.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Now you sound just as bad as those criticizing Trump.

Sorry, if you thought you were actually on the side of truth.

Nice to balance things out.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Sounds like you have your excuse for stooping to that level but it doesn't make you look like anything other than a hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Sounds like you have your excuse for stooping to that level but it doesn't make you look like anything other than a hypocrite.

You'd have to explain that one, maybe somewhere else as this is a thread about Hillary's racist statement, not about me.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

You'd have to explain that one, maybe somewhere else as this is a thread about Hillary's racist statement, not about me.

I don't think it needs explaining. I say you are acting like those you criticize and you called it balance. It's still "you acting like those you criticize".

It's really about your argument about Hillary's racist statement and, technically not about you.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join