It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No time for Evolution?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Again with your strawmen and changing the meanings of words.

Do I need to say it again? I think I do, dont I?

Origins of life = How life came to be
Evolution = How life changes

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

By your logic, we can't ever understand any natural phenomenon on this planet unless we understand how the Earth formed.

Just... No.

It's funny you say this because I was just watching an interview with Theoretical Physicist Steven Weinberg and he made the exact same point. He said, we may understand things about the universe but if we don't know the origins or first principles of certain features in the universe then we may never know what actually occurred.

It makes NO SENSE to say Evolution must have life and then try to separate the origin of life that evolution must have from how it can change overtime.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This 'argument' that since life is needed for evolution that means it has to explain the origin is laughably bad.
At this point tho not sure there is much point in continuing when one side just wants to cover thier ears and say they won.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Double Post
edit on 17-9-2016 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

You can keep repeating that until you're blue in the face but as you say Evolution MUST HAVE LIFE. So you can draw an imaginary line between life which you say evolution must have and how it can change overtime but that makes NO SENSE outside of the twisted logic of a Darwinist!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

You can keep repeating that until you're blue in the face but as you say Evolution MUST HAVE LIFE. So you can draw an imaginary line between life which you say evolution must have and how it can change overtime but that makes NO SENSE outside of the twisted logic of a Darwinist!

And you can keep using a faulty derogatory term.

Evolution doesn't NEED to know HOW life came to be. ALL it needs is for life to exist. THAT'S IT.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: Orionx2
What was the very first thing that existed and how? How did the first atom come into existence? How did nothing become something?

None of those questions have anything to do with evolution. Evolution is about how life changes.

That is short slighted. The questions I presented, if answered, would solve your questions about evolution.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

What was the very first thing that existed and how? How did the first atom come into existence? How did nothing become something?

None of those questions have anything to do with evolution. Evolution is about how life changes.

That is short slighted. The questions I presented, if answered, would solve your questions about evolution.

No, they wouldn't. Because evolution is about how life changes, not about how ANYTHING came to exist.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Please explain how understanding the mechanics of life forming has any bearing on our understanding of how genetic changes proliferating through a population explains biodiversity on this planet.
edit on 17-9-2016 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

So you're saying that we need to understand the origins of the universe to understand, say, glacial drift?

Keep the laughs coming, pal.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

No, they wouldn't. Because evolution is about how life changes, not about how ANYTHING came to exist.

OKay.... but if we knew how how life started we could figure out evolution...

link   
a reply to: GetHyped

It's like they think explaining how the first wheel was invented would explain the engine of a car (I know it's a bad analogy, but it's the best I can think of just now).

link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

And you can keep using a faulty derogatory term.

Evolution doesn't NEED to know HOW life came to be. ALL it needs is for life to exist. THAT'S IT.

WHAT???

Evolution doesn't need to "know?"

Again, your twisted logic stems from your statement, EVOLUTION MUST HAVE LIFE!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

We may not know every possible aspect of evolution but we have a pretty darn good understand already supported by a mountain of evidence.

The metal gymnastics being displayed by science deniers in this thread is astounding.
edit on 17-9-2016 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

OKay.... but if we knew how how life started we could figure out evolution...

It would make no difference. Explaining the reason why something came into existence won't explain why it changes over time. They're 2 completely different things.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Yes, evolution needs life. That's it. Evolution is about changes in life on a large scale. Not how life came into existence.

Am I saying this simple enough for you?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I'm not suggesting you were making much sense to start with, but by this point it's clear you're not making any sense at all.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

What do you think needs to be figured out with evolution?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

We may not know every possible aspect of evolution but we have a pretty darn good understand already supported by a mountain of evidence.

The metal gymnastics being displayed by science deniers in this thread is astounding.

On Earth I agree. But how did life start here? How did life start anywhere? How did the first molecules happen?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

On Earth I agree. But how did life start here? How did life start anywhere? How did the first molecules happen?

That would come under "we don't know" with a possible "yet" at the end. There are plenty of hypotheses to explain the beginning of life though. Just pick the one you like best (even if it's Goddidit).
edit on 1792016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join