It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Questions and Problems with the Donald J. Trump Foundation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is what Mike Pence had to say about Trump to Wolf Blitzer on Monday:

"Anyone who knows anything about Donald Trump and his career knows that this is a man who's given away tens of millions of dollars to charitable causes throughout the course of his business life -- he's been incredibly generous," Pence said.

CNN
Market Watch
The fact is, Trump hasn't donated to his own foundation since 2008. He gets others to donate to it and then gives that away, philanthropists are expected to contribute to their own foundations. A huge $20,000 portrait of Donald Trump and an autographed $12,000 Tim Tebow NFL helmet were bought with Trump Foundation funds and the whereabouts of those items are unknown. It is illegal to buy things for yourself with foundation money.

House Democrats are seeking a Justice Department investigation of the Trump Foundation, following reports about a large donation he gave to Florida's attorney general in 2013.

The donation gained new attention following reports that Trump agreed to pay a $2,500 fine to the IRS because he originally gave to Bondi's campaign from his charity, the Trump Foundation.

NOT due to an error in not knowing who they were donating to.
edit on 13-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Washington Post

Trump’s donations to the Palm Beach Police Foundation offered a stark example of Trump turning somebody else’s gift into his own charity

Trump decided, at one point, to ask other charities for money and then give it away, taking the credit. The Charles Evans Foundation gave 150k to Trump who donated it to the Palm Beach Police Foundation. Trump then received an award from them for these donations.

The event where he received the award was at his own Mar A Lago resort. The Palm Beach Police Foundation spent $276,000 there that evening. So, Trump gives money that wasn't his, gets an award and makes money.

In four other cases, The Post found charities that said they never received donations that the Trump Foundation said it gave them.

There are still some veterans groups waiting for promised donations.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Is this important in the overall scheme of things at this point? Will Trump LIVE through it?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Is this important in the overall scheme of things at this point? Will Trump LIVE through it?

I see what you did there. lol

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
it doesn't matter to the teflon don, nothing sticks to him! trump supporters will spin this in his favor.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
ill spin this for ya!

wait a minute... your talking about a tim tebow helmet

what about the tens of millions the saudis gave hillary to her foundation.
at least trumps foundation actually uses the money for charity - unlike hillarys who pays he daughter a million a year for part time work through that foundation! and at least it was a tim tebow helmet and not a colin kapernick

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I hope they push the cost of the investigation onto the 'Foundation'.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: nobunaga
ill spin this for ya!

wait a minute... your talking about a tim tebow helmet

what about the tens of millions the saudis gave hillary to her foundation.
at least trumps foundation actually uses the money for charity - unlike hillarys who pays he daughter a million a year for part time work through that foundation! and at least it was a tim tebow helmet and not a colin kapernick

The problem is that we don't know what he is using the money for. He holds back most of the records, like his taxes. He 'accidentally' donated to the Florida AG's campaign from the Foundation.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
So Trump or someone authorized to access the Trump Foundation used it to donate to someone that the foundation wasn't supposed to donate to, oops. Trump was fined $2,500 dollars for the incident, done and done.

Oh and it appears the foundation was also used to purchase a football helmet....that's not illegal. Or are you alleging Trump bought this helmet for himself? Any evidence?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
So Trump or someone authorized to access the Trump Foundation used it to donate to someone that the foundation wasn't supposed to donate to, oops. Trump was fined $2,500 dollars for the incident, done and done.

Oh and it appears the foundation was also used to purchase a football helmet....that's not illegal. Or are you alleging Trump bought this helmet for himself? Any evidence?

There are no records of where it went, because the records are in the taxes he won't release.

I do believe he bought the life sized portrait for himself. Melania was the bidder. Foundation money paid for it.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Here's how he gets money from other foundations and "donates" it ... without giving a cent of his own!

How Trump Retooled his Charity to Spend Other People’s Money

Trump had earlier gone to a charity in New Jersey — the Charles Evans Foundation, named for a deceased businessman — and asked for a donation. Trump said he was raising money for the Palm Beach Police Foundation.

The Evans Foundation said yes. In 2009 and 2010, it gave a total of $150,000 to the Donald J. Trump Foundation, a small charity that the Republican presidential nominee founded in 1987.

Then, Trump’s foundation turned around and made donations to the police group in South Florida. In those years, the Trump Foundation’s gifts totaled $150,000.

Trump had effectively turned the Evans Foundation’s gifts into his own gifts, without adding any money of his own.

Trump Passes Off Donations as His Own

DREW GRIFFIN: Trump has gotten individual donations from NBC, $500,000 in 2012. A year earlier, Comedy Central give him $400,000. 2009, World Wrestling Entertainment gave $1 million. All entities that had business with him, Anderson.

ANDERSON COOPER (HOST): So Trump takes that money, that organizations give, and what does he do with it?

GRIFFIN: That's one of the rubs. In cases, if not all the recent ones, he takes the money that's been donated to his foundation, puts his name on it and gives it to other people. So he uses other people's money to make donations to others.

Trump Foundation gave liberally to the Palm Beach Police Foundation and the group holds its policeman ball at Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort. ... Trump's Mar-a-Lago actually charged the Police Foundation for using the ballroom. ... The tax records show the Police Foundation paid Trump more than $500,000 for just two balls held at the club.

Boy, I sure wish people were as eager to see his taxes as they were to see Obama's birth certificate!
edit on 9/13/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

There are no records of where it went, because the records are in the taxes he won't release.

I do believe he bought the life sized portrait for himself. Melania was the bidder. Foundation money paid for it.

Any evidence? What makes you believe this? What makes you think its in the tax records?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I was adding that to my op and then saw yours.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Any evidence? What makes you believe this? What makes you think its in the tax records?

Trump has claimed that he gives generously to charity from his own pocket: “I don’t have to give you records,” he told The Post earlier this year, “but I’ve given millions away.” Efforts to verify those gifts have not succeeded, and Trump has refused to release his tax returns, which would show his charitable giving.

It is in the article.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: nobunaga

The most money (the Trump Foundation) it has ever reported having was $3.2 million at the end of 2009. At last count, that total had shrunk to $1.3 million. By comparison, Oprah Winfrey — who is worth $1.5 billion less than Trump, according to a Forbes magazine estimate — has a foundation with $242 million in the bank. At the end of 2014, the Clinton Foundation had $440 million in assets.

The Clinton Foundation gives away 1/4 billion away each year, documented.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Let me know when you are done changing the OP and editing your posts so I know what to respond to....

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Let me know when you are done changing the OP and editing your posts so I know what to respond to....

I'm finished, but Benevolent Heretic had posted almost identical information.

I will put this one here, so it;s not so confusing.

More weird stuff here:

Trip to Paris

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I've been waiting for this article and my free articles are up for the month! Is there a mirror?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yes.

Press Herald

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Thanks my friend told me how to fix it... apparently I'm a noob lol.

ETA OT:

People seem to not care that he's a criminal as long as he's not a career politician. What I'd like to know is where are the warrants for his arrest?
edit on 9/13/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I'm finished, but Benevolent Heretic had posted almost identical information.

I will put this one here, so it;s not so confusing.

More weird stuff here:

Trip to Paris

From your source..

Reports indicate the funds raised at the charity gala would be donated to the Gucci Foundation and then distributed to the various charities the event was benefiting.

Gasp! This looks like the same thing Trump does according to your OP!

Perhaps you should write a thread about this incident also?

Seriously tho I think that part of the OP is insignificant because its just money going from one foundation to another and then to charities.

Now on the other hand buying something for your self with charity money I do not agree with so if you could find some evidence of this I would like to see it. Don't just say "well its in the tax returns that Trump refuses to release". You do realize that Trumps taxes were audited right? Like every year. That's the very thing (among others) they look for in audits.
edit on 9/13/2016 by Alien Abduct because: Fixed internal link

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join