It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Questions and Problems with the Donald J. Trump Foundation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I did not say that. I asked what was dishonest and I showed how, once again, he paid for an item at an auction to benefit a charity with charity funds. Just because the item he 'won' was a picture of him because that is what the artist decided, not Trump, it is not a big deal.

To me, if funds that are raised for charity are spent on charity there is nothing illegal. He is not paying off his mortgage with the go fund me account. That would be fraud.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

I did not say that. I asked what was dishonest and I showed how, once again, he paid for an item at an auction to benefit a charity with charity funds. Just because the item he 'won' was a picture of him because that is what the artist decided, not Trump, it is not a big deal.

To me, if funds that are raised for charity are spent on charity there is nothing illegal. He is not paying off his mortgage with the go fund me account. That would be fraud.

Do you think people gave money to the charity to have it squandered on something like a Tebow helmet? Or did they give intending to have it help the supposed recipients of that charity. If that's not fraud, I can't imagine what you think it would be.

I guess everyone has a few blind spots in regard to their heroes. Pretty obvious that Trump makes some really bonehead decisions with others money, particularly supposedly charitable funds.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

That is actually illegal if the item purchased with charity funds becomes his personal property.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

If you want to give to a specific charity...do it. When you donate to a foundation you can get a yearly breakdown of where the money went.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Did it?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I think that is what part of the investigation is trying to find out.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

If you want to give to a specific charity...do it. When you donate to a foundation you can get a yearly breakdown of where the money went.

Thanks for the advice. When I give to a charity I expect it to be used toward the end promised, not for silly or whimsical purchases ... I guess there's going to be a review of that yearly breakdown you're talking about for Mr. Trump's foundation.

Ironic, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I do not know if you contribute to many benefit charity events or church events. I do not want to assume but this is quite common. Let me give you a personal example.

A local church has a party to raise money. During this, they auction off items. A person comes to donate money and it does not matter what they are purchasing but they are bidding on an item. They bid. They win. They use funds that they have raised from their foundation that go to another charity.

Money goes from one charity(foundation) to another. No big deal.

Whatever they bid on is then what? Destroyed? Donated to the church or another entity.

Again, it is not like he used money to buy a car that he will be driving.

This is not about Trump. It is about finding something that is truly damning. I guess I am taking politics out of it and looking at it as simply charity.
edit on 09pm30pmf0000002016-09-13T23:52:02-05:001102 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I've noted in the past what charities I give to on a regular basis. Let's not play those kinds of silly games.

Taking your example to heart, however, a similar case would be if your local church had a party to raise money, raised a thousand dollars or so, and the pastor used it to buy the old felt fedora of the town's popular mayor from an estate sale.

Is that fedora actually worth $1000? Who can say? What will it be worth next year when the mayor's secret diaries are found and he turns out to be a closet communist? Or what if moths eat the hat while it's being displayed "temporarily" in the pastor's study?

It's not similar to foundations giving to charities at all. It's a matter of a ridiculous misdirection of money given in trust.
edit on 14-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: noted

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I am not playing games which is why I prefaced it with not sure how much you may give to chaity

An estate sale is not a 'charity'. That is what I was getting at. If you use foundation money that goes to another charity where is the issue?

Your example would be wrong. You are taking money from a charity/foundation and using it to pay a private person that would not benefit anyone else but the estate.

If this was the case I would be pissed....

edit on 09am30amf0000002016-09-14T00:14:23-05:001223 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Could you please adjust your userID so it's readable ?

On my screen it's like ink blots.

Lots of people like to read your posts.

Thanks.

Hey buddy , sorry man i dunno what the deal is it shows up fine on my screen? And even though a lot of my conservative bretheren are Trump supporters and I dont agree lol Still love you guys....

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

It is laughable that still you all are trying to find something to distract from issues. Personal Gain. The man is worth billions and has assets in the 10's of billions.

This is just like the Tebow helmet.

He has an auction to raise money. He uses money from his charity, which is what a charity is for, to purchase something. It was from a painter. The 'painter' decided to paint Trump.

You are all acting like he is using money to buy things to live or help himself. Losers...all of you.

Thats just it though, I dont think hes worth anything near that much, I think thats another bill of goods that hes sold his supporters and the American people...

I think thats why he wont release a proper Tax return or anything else....

Hes either modified, recanted or otherwise disavowed almost everything hes claimed so far......

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I am not playing games which is why I prefaced it with not sure how much you may give to chaity

An estate sale is not a 'charity'. That is what I was getting at. If you use foundation money that goes to another charity where is the issue?

Your example would be wrong. You are taking money from a charity/foundation and using it to pay a private person that would not benefit anyone else but the estate.

Oh ... did I forget to mention, the proceeds from the estate sale all go to the county orphanage ... you know, after reasonable administration costs are deducted.

See what I did there? I kept moving the goal posts and spinning my responses ... just as you are doing in defense of Trump.

Where's the hat, I mean, helmet?

edit on 14-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
You need to update your op the Washington times article was proved to be wrong by the Washington post. They did there own investigation and showed that the gifts were received and the times investigation was wrong. And CNN did as well for example

On Tuesday, after CNN inquired, the Giving Back Fund searched again. An accountant at the firm, who declined to be named, said that Tuesday they looked into an older, disused record-keeping system and discovered a $10,000 gift in 2008 from the Trump Foundation. That gift had gone to the foundation of Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, which operates under the Giving Back Fund's umbrella.

"In our current system, it wasn’t showing," the accountant said. "Nobody thought of checking a different system," she said, until Tuesday.

edit on 9/14/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Oh ... did I forget to mention, the proceeds from the estate sale all go to the county orphanage ... you know, after reasonable administration costs are deducted.

See what I did there? I kept moving the goal posts and spinning my responses ... just as you are doing in defense of Trump.

Trumps taxes were audited no? IRS audits look for nefarious financial activities no?

Did the IRS find anything?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Trumps taxes were audited no? IRS audits look for nefarious financial activities no?

Did the IRS find anything?

Aren't we talking about the Trump Foundation???

And as far as Trump's taxes ... how would we know???

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: nobunaga
ill spin this for ya!

wait a minute... your talking about a tim tebow helmet

what about the tens of millions the saudis gave hillary to her foundation.
at least trumps foundation actually uses the money for charity - unlike hillarys who pays he daughter a million a year for part time work through that foundation! and at least it was a tim tebow helmet and not a colin kapernick

The problem is that we don't know what he is using the money for. He holds back most of the records, like his taxes. He 'accidentally' donated to the Florida AG's campaign from the Foundation.

The interesting thing is that WAPO uncovered that the Trump Foundation illegally donated to a political committee and allegedly bribed an AG...then recorded it with the IRS as a payment to a charity they never gave to. (covering tracks - fraud)

BUT...WAPO found 4 other Charities that the Trump foundation listed as receiving money...when they didn't...

So it is likely that those payments also were to some people and organizations that Trump wanted kept secret. Who actually got that money? That is what the investigation will be chasing.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

That is actually illegal if the item purchased with charity funds becomes his personal property.

I am wondering where the 6 foot tall painting of Trump that the foundation spent 20,000 on is?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

One of his golf courses.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Clowns (trump) to the left of me jokers (Clinton) to the right of me, stuck in the middle with you. A total reset needs to happen. Well, my vote is going to. Gary J since he is the only option in my state other than those two chumps. God help us all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join