It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long time Conservative publication, Dallas Morning News, endorses Hillary Clinton

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
We recommend Hillary Clinton for president

There is only one serious candidate on the presidential ballot in November. We recommend Hillary Clinton.

The Dallas Morning News, a long time conservative publication and one of the largest paid circulations in the United States, has endorsed Hillary Clinton for President.

This is the first time since 1964 that the publication has not endorsed the Republican nominee for President.

We don't come to this decision easily. This newspaper has not recommended a Democrat for the nation's highest office since before World War II — if you're counting, that's more than 75 years and nearly 20 elections.

The make it clear that the choice isn't even close, it is clear that there is only one logical choice for President this year...and it's not like they are in love with Hillary Clinton.

We've been critical of Clinton's handling of certain issues in the past. But unlike Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton has experience in actual governance, a record of service and a willingness to delve into real policy.
Resume vs. resume, judgment vs. judgment, this election is no contest.

That has to sting to the Trump campaign and Trump supporters. It seems like every day, more and more Conservative and Republican sources, organizations, and individuals are coming out against Trump and endorsing Clinton.

How do Trump supporters respond to something like this?

How do Trump supporters not see this as a sign of Trump losing this election?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I can absolutely see not endorsing Trump. Only lunatics back him. Very odd that they endorsed Clinton though. I mean Gary Johnson is an alternative... not my preferred alternative, but another choice with a somewhat conservative bent, all the same.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Texas, the land of oil refineries and oil czars, of course they want more war for oil in the middle east. Hillary promises that with her plans to rekindle the march on Syria, then Iran.

edit on 8-9-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Maybe because people like you aren't as sure as you are pretending? Otherwise, why the panic? If it such a sure thing as you are letting on, why are you wasting so much time and energy?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Yes.

The Bush dynasty and their good buddies at the Dallas Morning News are still very bitter.

I am glad they are on the wrong side.
edit on 8-9-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

That has to sting to the Trump campaign and Trump supporters. It seems like every day, more and more Conservative and Republican sources, organizations, and individuals are coming out against Trump and endorsing Clinton.

The narrative.

The narrative goes: Trump is anti-establishment, anything like this only strengthens that narrative.

Frankly both sides are petulant children who simply stick their fingers in their ears and point at eachother when receiving criticism.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

You say that like there is a right side. I assure you, there is not.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

in addition, newspapers are almost out of money. It doesn't take much bribing to buy an endorsement from those that are hurting the most. right up the Clinton foundation's alley.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I guess that means we should all vote Hillary, huh?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Not a real surprise. Trump is on the verge of losing Texas. Polls showing Clinton leading or a tie are a disaster for Trump he is going to have spend some time and money in state that should not be in play.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Oooh, someone with close ties to the Bushes and Ted Cruz Texas coalition is throwing a childish pout over big meanie Trump... Seriously, who cares? This will have less than a frog's hair cut in half worth of impact on the election, if anything it's just another example of an MSM outlet that hates Trump, which should be good for an extra 10,000-20,000 Trump votes from fence riders.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think the minute a publication that calls themselves "News" endorses a candidate, they need to have "News" stripped from their title and it changed to "Dallas Morning Opinions".

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Not a real surprise. Trump is on the verge of losing Texas. Polls showing Clinton leading or a tie are a disaster for Trump he is going to have spend some time and money in state that should not be in play.

What polls are you looking at, Spad? The Texas race is nowhere near close. www.realclearpolitics.com...

And please, please tell me you're too smart to be basing your post on that WaPo survey. An organization that has lead the NeverTrump movement to the point of lies and coverups in favor of his opponents isn't one you should be using in any logical discussion.
edit on 8-9-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I like discussing politics...it really doesn't take much energy.

The fact is that Trump is losing traditional Republican voters...you can't think that is a good thing for him.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Might it be because he doesn't represent the typical Ruling Establishment, and because of that he's been getting skewered perpetual by the Media, thus having all the typically zombie voters all mixed up?? NAHHHH!

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think if you could get them to admit it there is a LOT of Republicans that feel the same. They just can't say so. Hell, Carson would rather check on his luggage than answer a question about Trump.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: MrSpad

What polls are you looking at, Spad? The Texas race is nowhere near close. www.realclearpolitics.com...

Romney won Texas by 16 points...Trump is leading by 6 in the latest poll.

I would say it is trending in the wrong direction for Trump...it's close to being declared as a toss up state....it's already designated as only "leaning republican" instead of "solid republican".

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Might it be because he doesn't represent the typical Ruling Establishment, and because of that he's been getting skewered perpetual by the Media, thus having all the typically zombie voters all mixed up?? NAHHHH!

Do you think he can win without the "establishment" voters?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Dallas Morning News and NBC is in cahoots....

The Dallas Morning News and NBC 5 / KXAS-TV Announce Media Partnership

www.nbcdfw.com...

Just before the Trump and Hillary debate NBC 5 News flashes their news paper on the TV screen in bold with: Dallas Morning News, endorses Hillary Clinton! ....... this news flash was a small form of brain washing to the audience before the debate.

edit on 8-9-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
This will have less than a frog's hair cut in half worth of impact on the election, if anything it's just another example of an MSM outlet that hates Trump, which should be good for an extra 10,000-20,000 Trump votes from fence riders.

Are you really so sure, or is this bluster? The Dallas Morning News has over 400,000 subscribers...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join