It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential candidate Jill Stein to be charged for action at Standing Rock protest

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper
Thanks for these threads. I hadn't heard of this istuation until you postes about it, and I will definitely be looking deeper into it.

As far as Stein goes she broke the law. My guess is that she will be more than happy to pay the fine she incurred. A small price to pay for standing up for what you believe in.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
"I'm an Indian, all right; but here in the Nations they call us the 'civilized tribe'. They call us 'civilized' because we're easy to sneak up on. White men have been sneaking up on us for years." "They sneaked up on us and told us we wouldn't be happy here. They said we would be happier in the Nations. So they took away our lands and sent us here. I had a fine woman and two sons but they all died on the Trail of Tears. And now the white man is sneaking up on me again."

Lone Watie goes on to say: "I wore this frock coat in Washington. Before the war. We wore them because we belonged to the five civilized tribes. We dressed ourselves up like Abraham Lincoln. We only got to see the Secretary of the Interior. And he said: 'Boy! You boys sure look civilized.!' he congratulated us and gave us medals for looking so civilized. We told him about how our land had been stolen and our people were dying. When we finished, he shook our hands and said 'Endeavor to persevere.' They stood us in a line. John Jumper, Chilly McIntire, Buffalo Hump, and Jim Pock Mark and me. I'm Lone Watie. They took our pictures. And the newspaper said 'Indians Vow to Endeavor to persevere.' We thought about it for a long time. 'Endeavor to persevere.' And when we had thought about it long enough we declared war on the Union."

For those here that may not know, my grand mother was a full blooded Cherokee from the Nations up in Oklahoma.
She was a direct descendant from those that survived the " Trail of Tears ".

Why would anyone think this event will have a peaceful ending ??

Buck

Thanks for these quotes. Very thought-provoking.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Thanks for these threads. I hadn't heard of this istuation until you postes about it, and I will definitely be looking deeper into it.

As far as Stein goes she broke the law. My guess is that she will be more than happy to pay the fine she incurred. A small price to pay for standing up for what you believe in.

np. And yes, worth every penny. The tribes need as much attention on this matter as they can get and this helps. They should pay it for her.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
fight to the death?

doubtful.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Strangely enough, jury selection for the Bundys et al begins today... it seems to me that if these folks all stood together, they would be exponentially stronger... maybe they will. Jill Stein has been known to work with her opposition before, such as with Gary Johnson in gaining access to the debates.

Or maybe, since the Bundys refuse to plea bargain and are insisting on going to trial, their cases may set legal precedents that will help Stein and the tribes in their efforts.

We'll see, eh?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Excellent point -- and well said!

That is my thought as well. And I'm heartened to see there are still folks who will take the hit for what is good and right.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I still can't believe this protest isn't the talk of the site, at least one of the hot topics.

Thanks for keeping us to date, preciate it.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

it sure would be nice to hear from someone who has been on-site, so they could report what's been going on and any progress/developments!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
I still can't believe this protest isn't the talk of the site, at least one of the hot topics.

Thanks for keeping us to date, preciate it.

This isn't the first thread. It's the 3rd.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

It's admirable that Jill Stein is there and clearly stated what she did. Takes a lot of guts from a presidential candidate.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
it shows the left hypocrisy and doesn't further their cause, so you will see minimal coverage.

If SJW/MSM spent a lot of time paint people like the Bundy Family and their supporters as "nuts" for doing something similar, how can you paint these folks in a positive light? That would be supporting armed resistance against a corrupt entity, and again, anyone for that is "nuts". They don't want that idea, standing up for yourself against a power entity, to spread in a positive light.

Do you really think the protesters only have hatchets and knives, but you cannot paint gun ownership in a positive light. That would go against all the kool aid that SJW/MSM have been pouring. I don't know about you, but If I was protesting and the SHTF, I would much rather have a AR-15 then a hatchet.

All MSM is not 'the Left'. 'The left' are actually the people protesting, yet you take this as an opportunity, not to just take a shot at the MSM (which is deserved), but at 'the Left' and SJWs, as well. You try to lump them all together and say 'hypocrisy'. I call that an incredibly flawed argument and opportunistic.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
fight to the death?

doubtful.

You don't think people have fought to the death against government? Wounded Knee is one example of many.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I agree with you, not the left, but the special interests controlling the left's politicians like Hillary.

Stein is truly left, while Hillary and her ilk are using you all.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well done Jill Stein, when it comes to defend Nature I aprove the good fight, anytime and anywhere!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Promises and empty rhetoric of Hillary.
Nothing new there.
It's awesome that a Presidential candidate would go and put themselves on the line over this issue.
I can't remember the last time anything like that happened.

Obama? Kerry? Romney? McCain? Gore? Dukakis? Clinton?
No, not a damn one of them.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Looks like the protesters have won a partial victory:

Judge halts North Dakota pipeline contruction temporarily after protests

An American Indian tribe succeeded on Tuesday in getting a federal judge to temporarily stop construction on some, but not all, of a $3.8bn four-state oil pipeline, but its broader request still hangs in the balance.

James Boasberg, a US district court judge, said on Tuesday that work will temporarily stop between North Dakota’s state highway 1806 and 20 miles east of Lake Oahe, but will continue west of the highway because he believes the US army corps of engineers lacks jurisdiction on private land.

He also said he will rule by the end of Friday on the Standing Rock Sioux tribe’s challenge of federal regulators’ decision to grant permits to the Dallas, Texas-based operators of the Dakota Access Pipeline, which will cross North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa and Illinois.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

might have to go all the way back to Kennedy for another example

Well-said. The "chosen ones" can't be bothered with any affairs related to us peasants (other than lying about what they are doing/plan to do in their speeches
)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

fight to the death?

doubtful.

You don't think people have fought to the death against government? Wounded Knee is one example of many.

Lemme know when it happens again, all those guys in 1890 are long gone.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Thank you for this thread, and for getting this information out.

THE MSM is not working for us any more; so, this thread, and others like it, are of utmost benefit.

It is sad when hackers these days are doing the very important job that was once accomplished by our (years ago...) once free and independent press!

The hackers releasing information help us more than CNN or any of the rest of those networks ... who are not doing their job(s) any longer.

Why is CNN not reporting this protest on the front page yet? I have more of a feeling the MSM will demonize Stein and the protesters, instead of fair reporting of the issues anyway. The mainstream media have lost all fairness, and are not independent any longer, it seems to me.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

fight to the death?

doubtful.

Lemme know when it happens again, all those guys in 1890 are long gone.

Really?

Second incident at Wounded Knee 1973

And what about the Weaver family at Ruby Ridge?

And Waco?

And Burns, Oregaon just this year?

edit on 7-9-2016 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join