It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential candidate Jill Stein to be charged for action at Standing Rock protest

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Green Party candidate Jill Stein camped out at the Cannon Ball, ND camp with the water protectors on Monday night. She was asked by the protectors to leave a message and she painted on the bull dozer "I approve this message." Good for her.

Charges planned for Jill Stein at Standing Rock

North Dakota authorities plan to pursue charges against Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein for spray-painting construction equipment at a Dakota Access Pipeline protest. Morton County Sheriff Kyle Kirchmeier said Tuesday that the charges would be for trespassing and vandalism. State court records Tuesday evening didn't yet list any formal counts against Stein. A spokeswoman for Stein says that activists invited her to leave a message at the protest site. She says Stein wrote "I approve this message" in red spray paint on the blade of a bulldozer.

At least one of these presidential candidates has made it clear where they stand on this issue, or even acknowledged it is happening. There is so much breaking news happening out there on a daily basis and still... media silence!

How is that hundreds of protesters and a security team with mace and attack dogs breaking out in violence not headlining the news for the past few days? People were bitten. People were sprayed in the face with mace. Several security personnel were hurt. No police anywhere and all caught on camera... yet nothing from the nightly news. I've had CBS News playing all morning and not one mention of the protest.

There are now an estimated minimum of over 4,000 people camped at the Cannon Ball camp at all times with the numbers growing up to 7,500 at certain times as people come and visit, stay a few days and go home. There are now over 200 tribes who have their tribal flags flying high at the camp and have representatives camped there to stay.

The camp is now getting ready for winter. They are bringing in supplies so that the thousands of supporters can stay for the long haul. The word is that they will not leave and will have to be physically removed and trust me, these thousands of warriors will fight till the death if that is what it takes. This is more than a protest now... this is the hundreds of tribes across this country coming together like never before to stand up for themselves!

Good luck to my Native brothers and sisters at Standing Rock... we are with you!

And thank you Jill Stein for showing your support.

There are other news updates on the link I provided. It seems law enforcement fears for their safety so they are backing down from any confrontation right now. But, this is BS. From what I'm told by people I know who are out there, it is a peaceful resistance and the leaders who are there continue to stress this to everyone at the camp. Refrain from violence, use it only to defend themselves if attacked.

Authorities say law enforcement officers responding to protesters at a Dakota Access Pipeline construction area on private property in North Dakota pulled back because they determined it wasn't safe to respond.

Morton County Sheriff Kyle Kirchmeier says the primary goal is public safety, including for law enforcement. Authorities also are looking into a report of a drone flying overhead. Authorities say a group of between 150 and 200 protesters, including some carrying hatchets and knives, gathered at the construction area Tuesday morning.

Officials say two protesters were secured to heavy equipment. No pipeline workers were at the site, and no arrests have been made.

The Army Corps of Engineers doesn't oppose the tribe's court requests to temporarily halt construction right now in order to preserve the peace.

Today at 3:00 pm a federal judge will make an emergency decision as a result of the violent outbreak that occurred on Saturday.

Here is a post on Facebook from people camped there from my own tribe.

This is lisa n Shannon. ..reporting live....from Standing Rock!!!! We are posted near the main entrance (near the flags)....because of our camps location. ...we are priveledges to see all the new comers to camp...This morning. ...we met and welcomed a couple. ..that hitch hiked....all the way from Oregon!!!! They came with a back pack each.....now have a tent....food...clean clothes....and awesome new neighbors.
So....WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???? THE PEOPLE NEED YOU NOW....STANDING ROCK OR BUST!!

Here is a photo of their living quarters for the next... well, as long as it takes!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Go Stein!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
We'll see if she gets mentioned on the MSM or not. Not counting on it. Did the protest thing itself even get airtime yet?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I did hear one of the women on Clyde Lewis and she was talking about treaties and about protecting their land and water rights. The dogs biting people and her version was certainly different than MSM reporting. I hope there will not be loss of life but I do figure there is money to be made with the pipeline and when people get in the way of big bucks ....Big Bucks seem to win... If a couple of million would show up armed with intent then the whole pipeline thing might take a different route IMO.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yeah my roommate and I were just talking about that. And both agree no way MSM will let this get out. So # the MSM!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
We'll see if she gets mentioned on the MSM or not. Not counting on it. Did the protest thing itself even get airtime yet?

No. It's incredible how silent they are on this major news story. It just goes to show you how phony and fake the MSM truly is!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

I literally just saw that video earlier this morning and said to myself "I bet she will be charged for that"

No surprise there. Got to make an example out of her!

That's great to see though, sticking up for something important, unlike some people

edit on 7-9-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I literally just saw that video earlier this morning and said to myself "I bet she will be charged for that"

No surprise there. Got to make an example out of her!

That's great to see though, sticking up for something important

And yet no charges for the lady using her dog to bite people... caught on camera.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Wonder how long before the Feds step in and shoot people?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Wait, wait, wait, wait, waitaminnit.........lemme see if I understand this. Jill Stein may be charged for trespassing/vandalism, but we can't at all find a way to prosecute Hillary for treason???

i2.kym-cdn.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

It does go to show how lapdog the MSM is (and always has been), this kind of back story. Fed.gov still screws over the tribes to this day, and the MSM covers for it all.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.twofrog.com...
edit on 7-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Not sure they will because it's not right-wing extremists. Natives are part of the Obama/Clinton voting block so what they will do is stay as far away as possible...

For example, as posted above... where the hell is Hillary?

I'll tell ya where... wining and dining the pipeline executives and the fat ass bankers who are behind this pipeline!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

I really hope it doesn't come to that :/ As I understand it, the Pipeline folks didn't go "by the book" for some of the areas where they are trying to lay it down, so it's illegal. I'm sure they can fast track to get those "permits" or whatever else in place though, probably only a matter of time before they move forward with it

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
My papa fought at the Second Battle of Wounded Knee, and was at that time heavily involved in the local AIM chapter. If he wasn't in the ICU right now, I know we would both be there in ND standing with those who share a similar ancestry, to protect what belongs to them.

#RedHandNation

-Alee

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. He sounds like a true warrior.. wishing him the best.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The BBC website has had an article on their website since Sept. 2nd - that was the first I (an American) heard of this issue!
www.bbc.com...
Yesterday I heard a radio show on NPR - The Thomas Jefferson Hour - and they dedicate the whole show to discussing Standing Rock. A very balanced, informed , and intelligent conversation! jeffersonhour.bandcamp.com...

I applaud Jill Stein for going and making a statement - yes it is illegal to spray paint someone else's equipment. But no person was harmed. In fact far less harm was done to their stupid truck than was dome to the land and history they just destroyed.

Enough is enough, come on America - CORPORATIONS DO NOT HAVE GREATER RIGHTS THAN PEOPLE. We, all citizens of this land, need to speak up and stop such wanton greedy theft. These companies will be long gone in a few years, the land will be ripped up and polluted, the water fouled, history destroyed - and all so a few fat cat white dudes can go off and retire in luxury.
No.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
it shows the left hypocrisy and doesn't further their cause, so you will see minimal coverage.

If SJW/MSM spent a lot of time paint people like the Bundy Family and their supporters as "nuts" for doing something similar, how can you paint these folks in a positive light? That would be supporting armed resistance against a corrupt entity, and again, anyone for that is "nuts". They don't want that idea, standing up for yourself against a power entity, to spread in a positive light.

plus

How can SJW/MSM protect private property lines, when they are telling people lines on a map are racist(US/Mexican boarder), and only evil Trump supporters support enforcing lines on a map

Finally

Do you really think the protesters only have hatchets and knives, but you cannot paint gun ownership in a positive light. That would go against all the kool aid that SJW/MSM have been pouring. I don't know about you, but If I was protesting and the SHTF, I would much rather have a AR-15 then a hatchet.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. He sounds like a true warrior.. wishing him the best.

Thank you. He'll either get well, or he won't but he's had a grand and eventful life with a family who loves him dearly.

Now don't get me wrong, the Sioux were long ago enemies of our Tribe (Chippewa) But in this day and age, especially with how the US Government treats First Peoples, we (speaking only for myself and my papa) choose to stick together with all tribes during times of need regardless of past relations. (and anyways we always have the Treaty of Peace with Sioux, Chippewa and Winnebago (1787))

PS. He was and is a warrior in every sense of the word to me, so i'm particularly happy that you chose to use that word. He even took my dad to a KKK rally when my dad was kid.... got into an altercation with a Klan member, and threw him over a railing. There was an awesome news paper clipping we had with a picture of the guy going over the railing. Papa looked crazy mad haha. Wish I knew where it was. One day if I find it, I'll upload it to ATS.

-Alee

-Alee

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
it shows the left hypocrisy and doesn't further their cause, so you will see minimal coverage.

If SJW/MSM spent a lot of time paint people like the Bundy Family and their supporters as "nuts" for doing something similar, how can you paint these folks in a positive light? That would be supporting armed resistance against a corrupt entity, and again, anyone for that is "nuts". They don't want that idea, standing up for yourself against a power entity, to spread in a positive light.

plus

How can SJW/MSM protect private property lines, when they are telling people lines on a map are racist(US/Mexican boarder), and only evil Trump supporters support enforcing lines on a map

Finally

Do you really think the protesters only have hatchets and knives, but you cannot paint gun ownership in a positive light. That would go against all the kool aid that SJW/MSM have been pouring. I don't know about you, but If I was protesting and the SHTF, I would much rather have a AR-15 then a hatchet.

Some great points and all the truth. How is MSM going to handle this if # does hit the fan at the camps? What if a death results of conflict? How will they handle it then? If it boils over and they have no choice but to finally cover these protests, how stupid are they going to look for missing the boat on the story as it developed over the past couple of months. You're very right though, they contradict everything they've already spewed down American throats if they start to cover these protests... which are very similar to the Bundy's.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
"I'm an Indian, all right; but here in the Nations they call us the 'civilized tribe'. They call us 'civilized' because we're easy to sneak up on. White men have been sneaking up on us for years." "They sneaked up on us and told us we wouldn't be happy here. They said we would be happier in the Nations. So they took away our lands and sent us here. I had a fine woman and two sons but they all died on the Trail of Tears. And now the white man is sneaking up on me again."

Lone Watie goes on to say: "I wore this frock coat in Washington. Before the war. We wore them because we belonged to the five civilized tribes. We dressed ourselves up like Abraham Lincoln. We only got to see the Secretary of the Interior. And he said: 'Boy! You boys sure look civilized.!' he congratulated us and gave us medals for looking so civilized. We told him about how our land had been stolen and our people were dying. When we finished, he shook our hands and said 'Endeavor to persevere.' They stood us in a line. John Jumper, Chilly McIntire, Buffalo Hump, and Jim Pock Mark and me. I'm Lone Watie. They took our pictures. And the newspaper said 'Indians Vow to Endeavor to persevere.' We thought about it for a long time. 'Endeavor to persevere.' And when we had thought about it long enough we declared war on the Union."

For those here that may not know, my grand mother was a full blooded Cherokee from the Nations up in Oklahoma.
She was a direct descendant from those that survived the " Trail of Tears ".

Why would anyone think this event will have a peaceful ending ??

Buck

edit on 7-9-2016 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join