It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the French immune to the Mandela Effect?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

And here. An awful lot.

That's how memes work.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Ok thanks didn't know it went back that far .. I've only noticed it here on ATS, and recently a sudden surge in 'cases' of Mandella Effect. I'll still put it down to people's memories failing them.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
Ok thanks didn't know it went back that far .. I've only noticed it here on ATS, and recently a sudden surge in 'cases' of Mandella Effect. I'll still put it down to people's memories failing them.

There has been a surge in youtube videos about it, that's probably why. It's actually 2010 the term was coined. I found discussions not using the name going back to 2005.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

And here. An awful lot.

That's how memes work.

I am not sure there were a ton of memes about Mandela in 2010.

Fiona broome talking about the beginning of the term origin of term (I copied from the mirror wordpress site, as it is easier to find there. mandelaeffect.com has undergone 2 large DDOS attacks in the last month- it appears some others are uncomfortable with this topic.)

Many years ago, I was one of the two people who coined the phrase “Mandela Effect” during a conversation in Dragon Con‘s “green room.” (The other person was called “Shadow,” then a Dragon Con security manager. I have no idea which of us started using the phrase, first.)It started when Shadow mentioned that — like me — other people remembered Nelson Mandela’s tragic death in a South African prison.Apparently, others in the green room shared that memory. The discussion that followed was astonishing.So, I researched the concept and — with my publisher’s support — started this website for additional research. I thought it was an interesting fringe topic (and potential book topic) for my spare time.It’s turned into something much bigger.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I am not sure there were a ton of memes about Mandela in 2010.

Right.
Only recently has it become popular. That's the way memes work.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Perfectly said. I believe you've pinned it, however I don't mind at all considering the possibility that something unmeasurable is happening. Just because some of the data might be faulty memory, that doesn't mean that all of it is. So far, I don't believe in the ME. I remain open-minded.

a reply to: DISRAELI

I think you're exactly right. You and Cobaltic. In earlier times, a common quote for implying ambivalence, was "Frankly, Scarlette, I don't give a damn." From Gone With The Wind. The actual quote is, "frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The Mandela Effect is a "Signature Meme" on ATS that proves without a doubt, along with Chemtrails, that ATS does not live up to its claim of "deny ignorance," but promotes it with impunity. Whenever you see people absolutely insist that such a thing has happened, you know you're not dealing with the sharpest knives in the drawer. That they are so haughty with their insistence is just laughable. No wonder ATS is not half the site it thinks it is.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
The coined term "Mandela Effect" is made up...

And so it "the phenomenon". What you claim "a certain amount of people are experiencing" is incorrect memories. Nothing more and very easily explainable through the proliferation of social and mass media, where decontextualised references are played out so often they are what you remember.

But hey - that's boring, right? And it's no fun. You want something fantastical, magical, ethereal, supernatural to bring something interesting to you poorly informed ideas of how reality works. (shrug)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yes, I would have to say, the most famous Pop culture misquote, is ol Humphrey's...

"Play it again Sam"

Probably since the 1940s this has been the biggest movie quote.........That Actually was NEVER said in a Movie.

What Boggie (cant remember the character) said was....

"You can play it for her, you can play it for me, If she can stand it, I can,... Play It!!" (directed at Sam the pianist, at the bar piano).

Quite a difference from what EVERYONE remembers, isnt it? And no Mandela Effect involved.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

originally posted by: reldra
The coined term "Mandela Effect" is made up...

And so it "the phenomenon". What you claim "a certain amount of people are experiencing" is incorrect memories. Nothing more and very easily explainable through the proliferation of social and mass media, where decontextualised references are played out so often they are what you remember.

But hey - that's boring, right? And it's no fun. You want something fantastical, magical, ethereal, supernatural to bring something interesting to you poorly informed ideas of how reality works. (shrug)

And boost their self-esteem in believing they have super human memory and special perception. That is one of the consistent conditions of persons afflicted by ME.

Its not about possibilities. It's about the most probably and realistic cause. And justifying all the knowledge on pop culture?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The internet has made anything "possible", that's how these dumb "theories" get so popular. The meme factor is strong in this one. What about all of us who remember things correctly? Are we the deceived ones? I usually ask this when I post in these threads. How in the hell do the mechanics of such a thing even work? Please take a moment to seriously consider it.

Perhaps. Perhaps Timeline C. Or maybe it's random. It may stand to reason that as someone shifts into a timeline not their own, they push the other person out, so to speak. Initiates a shift for that person. Which, in turn, would force another shift, and another. Consider all the people in the world that would be experiencing this. So many shifts would be taking place all day, every day. Who knows at what rate? On the individual level, you would be waiting for your next turn to shift. It will happen. It has to. One shift initiates another, initiates another, initiates another, initiates another.

And how quickly do these shifts happen? Do you immediately shift? Or is it a slower process? Because I would think that if it was instantaneous or near enough so, then the individual would be constantly shifting. Which begs the question. When is there enough time to experience or recognize any changes? But perhaps it isn't quick like that.

What about the nature of these other timelines? Are there infinite possibilities? Could the outcome of my life be infinitely different from the one I am experiencing now? How similar or dissimilar are these other timelines to my own? Does it vary widely? For example. When I was a child, I wanted to be a marine biologist when I grew up. I love sharks see, and the oceans diverse forms of life. I didn't become one though, at least in this timeline. But is it possible that in another, I followed that dream? With so many timelines and potentials, anything could be possible.

But that doesn't help the Mandela Effect, in my opinion. Not much of the way I'm looking at this does. I would expect more suggestive evidence then what I have seen so far. I have some questions.

1. Where are the vastly different world timeline accounts?
Examples: 9/11 didn't happen. JFK lived. The Germans won WWII. Russia won the space race.
2. Where are the "I remember being a marine biologist yesterday" accounts?
With everybody shifting, situations like this should be happening. In one timeline the person followed a path different from the one he shifted to. Maybe John Doe has two daughters in one timeline but shifts to one where one of his two children was a boy. How come we don't here about accounts like these?
3. In your opinion, what is the best and/or most interesting things you have heard that could support the ME and why?
Other than your own. Genuinely curious.

In my opinion, if this is happening, then with diligent observation, a larger picture would start to emerge. Data on this timeline, and that timeline could be collected. A whole new frontier. Eventually things would get clearer. We would have names for various timelines we learn to recognize. We would all dread the day we shift over to any number of the timelines with a successful 3rd Reich. Hopefully cross our fingers we shift into the Utopia. Those may sound like extremes, but are they? Considering we are speaking about a plethora of possibilities.

And that is one of my points.

With all the shifting and possibilities, why is the best evidence so trivial?

And why so little of it?

Perhaps you see now why I was interested in considering the mechanics of such a phenomenon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9-5-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Yes, just like the rest of us.

I have come to the conclusion that most of our faulty memory isn't actually faulty, rather than what we have been told by the media. For example, how many times has the line Luke ...I am your father been used in other T.V programmes, particularly comedy sketch shows. We probably see the film 3 or 4 times, but have heard that particular line 10 or 20 times on other T.V programmes. It's not faulty memory, it's watching too much T.V.

How anyone doesn't remember Nelson Mandela being President of South Africa, demonstrates their ignorance of World events. They were probably stoned off their faces between 1994-1999.

He became a World celebrity, but NO, there are people swear the great man died in prison. Ridiculous.

Exactly it. The "wrong answer" is given so many times, it takes precedence in our minds. I do remember being asked about the infamous Star Wars quote as a "gotcha" trivia question before Mandela got out of prison. Unfortunately, we didn't have The AOLs yet, so it took some work to verify.

Also, "Mandela did 27 hard ones, not in a windowed room but it a barred one..." - Ice-T, "Prepared to Die" I remember the album in relation to Mandela being freed. When it happened, my friends and I thought, "Well, I guess Ice is prepared to die!"

Also 2) Even if you were stoned off your face from '94-'99, you were aware of Mandela...or so I've heard

edit on 9/5/2016 by dogstar23 because: Quote not ending right, all looks like one grouping

edit on 9/5/2016 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It's one thing to be a believer. It's another to be a skeptic. We should all question the official and the truthers. But I think it's sad persons are losing sight of what is likely, what is realistically possible, and what is pure fantasy.

Somehow persons of hidden identity, with no consequence for erroneous theories, lacking in credentials, can post straight innuendo on YouTube, and persons will accept it on faith as evidence. Yet, the same people will get mad, and claim you have a narrow mind because they perceive you don't have a questioning attitude of reality. Oh the irony. I think it's a cliche now, but it rings true. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Not movie quotes.
edit on 5-9-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I read it in high school not too long ago that he did die on older date in prison.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

What if it's not Cern and actual spiritual forces doing this? Occultism is quite real

link   
a reply to: luciferslight
Did you graduate?

link   
a reply to: Phage

Of course, why ask?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: barefootsoldier

I think the bible changes too but nobody remembers that

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight

Of course, why ask?

Because if it had been on exam you would have gotten it wrong. He did not die in prison.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight

Of course, why ask?

Because the content of your posts suggests that you did not.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join