It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why i dont like facebook

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I dont like facebook, in fact i hate facebook. I think it brings out the worst in us. I had facebook for a couple of years, i was happy and rejoiced with old friends finding each other again.. Years passed, and slowly those friends you once thought of.. Werent quite the same from before..
The landscape of unknown territory turned into something, bizarre.. It turned into a competition, where simple needs took a place.. I thought it could fill a hole in people, instead it made the fall even deeper..

When i listen to someone, i listen by placing my ear to the ground, feel the wind or the rain on my body.. I dont listen to stories, cause they make little sense.. Im barely human as it is..

Facebook is a place i left a long time ago.. And i wont return..

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Facebook is where friendships go to die.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I hate when folks say "I found this on Facebook "

This is deep..

"When i listen to someone, i listen by placing my ear to the ground, feel the wind or the rain on my body.. I dont listen to stories, cause they make little sense.. Im barely human as it is.. "

I was moved by that statement.👌

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

The only thing I've ever seen on fb are cute animal vids

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I was dragged onto facebook by people from here. Almost all of them turned out to be self centered narcissistic and arrogant tossers.

Maybe 1 or 2 are actually really honest and good people.

But i have no real life...

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Why I don't like Facebook is that it is expected that everybody does.

I've never had any interest in Facebook or any social media and have never signed up or used any of them. What bugs me now is that everyone is assumed to at least be on Facebook and things are being excluded for those of us who are not. Links for more information, methods of contact, videos, news and other things that aren't available online anywhere else all try to get me to sign up and use Facebook for access. I hate it and it pisses me off.

It's gotten so bad that people that don't have social media identities are suspect. When background investigations don't reveal a social media presence, it raises red flags. Something is wrong with this picture.

I won't won't even express my concerns about privacy and surveillance lest I be labeled an ATS nutter. That's a compromise whatever you do these days but there's no law that says you have to make it easy. Not yet anyway. Next weeks Wormhole with Morgan Freeman deals with the death of privacy. I am looking forward to it. I'd recommend the show Cyberwar on the Vice Channel too for an often enlightening look at big data and how it is used. Didn't Snowden matter to anyone or are we just all blind?

Please pass the tinfoil.

Friday night wine powered posting. I hope this makes sense?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Lol...
Had FB, but couldn't figure how to block others from posting tons of photo's.
Got to admit, cats have taken over.😆
edit on 2-9-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: Bigburgh

The only thing I've ever seen on fb are cute animal vids

That's really my only interest in it!

I joined awhile ago , only to connect with an old long lost friend. The only way I could contact her.

From what I see, it's mostly look at my selfie and look at my dog, look at my dog, look at my dog. We cat people get a bad rap on being called crazy I tell you.

What I hate are those pics with captions. " if you care or think I'm beautuful you will share this" . # off you're ugly and don't tell me what to do!
I avoid the news feed.
I hate being tagged and did you know if you get tagged in a photo you've been put into the facial recognition software being monitored? That came out last year if I recall. So I hardly post photos of myself.

Overall it's dumb. I kept saying it's dumb, not gonna join, but I relented. I just hardly go on

I think it's really stupid of people to keep posting these check in things "I'm at this place, here's a map, having coffee with my dear friends" hey great you have dear friends, you sound pathetic like you need to prove you go out and have real life friends but now I know you're out and can go rob your house! Stupid. My daughter is posting out with my mom shopping, gee thanks let's tell everyone so we can get robbed.
edit on 2-9-2016 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
It's funny how everyone takes a photo of their dinner and posts it.

Here's a gift I got , here's this, here's that LOOK!

They share everything they are doing.

There's the same friend everyday who posts not feeling we'll. I have a cold. Or listing all their other ailments . I have a friend who never stops posting 100 dog pics & dog videos a day, so I tell her hey sorry I've not been going on much, don't want you to think I've ignored anything important ( like her dogs b day party). Not that she'd every say happy birthday to my human child. I just know it hurts her feelings if I don't acknowledge her dogs that mean the world to her, but now she emails me all the freaking pics! I can't win! So I started liking her dog pics, throw in the occasional 'insincere' comment. Seems to be working on the email landslide!

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Facebook is about data linking and data matching people in order to map, define and document the nature of the extent of relationship between everyone with a Facebook account.

By using facebook relationship linkages between people and data from other sources including data on every citizen who has an 'agreement' of some sort with the government, a government instrumentality or corporation they know who knows who, what is the relationship between persons, what income each person has, likely net worth, the political leanings of each person, their life style, their career and out of work hours endeavors.

Add into the almost 100% tractability of their spending and they can tell so much more about personality, aims and ambitions, etc etc about everyone.

Should you come into the cross hairs of the government for any disapproved of reason, they will know your exact threat level to the govt and there the precise naturalizing action to take, when, how, where and through whom to deliver that action.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I used it for far too long thinking that there was some point to sharing information with the people that I have met throughout the years.

Knowing that it is an intelligence operation and ultimately a method of the elite to put us in neat little boxes is something we were condtitioned to accept.

I deleted facebook this year and it was after researching the coming plan for a virtual reality facebook world for all the good little followers to fight over( I invision the lines of people waiting for a smart phone when I state this)!

"Zuckerberg's" plan to for virtual reality facebook acquires the Occulus.

Facebook FB +0.05% recently announced it formed a “Social VR” team to build technology that creates new ways for people to have social experiences in virtual reality and to engage with Facebook’s network in virtual settings. The team will build for Oculus devices as well as other technology that’s available today, while also trying to anticipate the platforms of the future. Facebook unveiled the team on Sunday, the day before the Mobile World Congress began in Barcelona, Spain.

The picture in that article is one of the creepiest things I have ever seen and if I could learn how to load pictures onto here I would do so, it is a picture of Zuckerberg smugly walking with hundreds plugged in behind him... truly disturbing when one thinks of the power the elite shall have when weilding virtual reality.

Christ Pokemon Go is simply augmented reality and clearly a stepping stone used to condition the masses.

edit to add- Figured out how to load pictures...

edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago09America/Chicago930amFriday3 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I left facebook over a year ago. What a convoluted experience. I had to nominate friends, I had to give reasons and I had to answer questions why!!!! I was leaving.

I was sick of selfies. Tired of religious rants. Absolutely had with personal problems. Media sites sucked. Reading through my relatives troubles, those looking for answers really really was stuffed.

Finally I got out of it.

My kind regards as always,

Bally

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Here is a question.

Do you think the sites like this somehow coerce us to be this way?

Or is it inherently human nature to want to share everything, but yet in a confused and confidential world, we feel trapped with no way to express it?

Is it a dumbing down, a coercion, or an avenue?

Now excuse me, I have 8 pints to drink with jimmy at the local and warble on about my lifes problems to the pub staff...

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

You do know you never left it.

Log back in, see it's all still there.

You can NEVER leave facebook. Short of deleting everything manually (Tiresome hours long experience) and then, they still have it all.

You can't leave it. It's like a cloning machine. You enter it, but you never leave it, someone else does.. You're always there... trapped..

Who are you

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Personally, I think a huge stadium full of people wearing VR and experiencing some augmented, or virtual reality, would be friggen brilliant.

Why not?

I play online games with people. If I could VR it, I would. pew pew..

The alex jones "God walking among men" shtick here doest bother me.

He still thinks they use dead babies to make pepsi.

edit on 2-9-2016 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Because of Facebook everyone has a one liner attention span. Just short enough to get you in a wreck while driving, die walking into traffic or disrupt a real life conversation.

Just a moment... I got to update my attention span...

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Just a moment... I got to update my attention span...

What a great one-liner about one-liners. Comedy for the ages.

The sad thing is, it's so true. Students sit in a classroom before class, no longer talking to each other, but surfing the Internet or chatting online. The scary thing is, what will their children be like?

I know it's a cliché, but how close are we to Idiocracy?
edit on 2-9-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry
a reply to: elementalgrove

Personally, I think a huge stadium full of people wearing VR and experiencing some augmented, or virtual reality, would be friggen brilliant.

Why not?

I play online games with people. If I could VR it, I would. pew pew..

The alex jones "God walking among men" shtick here doest bother me.

He still thinks they use dead babies to make pepsi.

First of all you are currently living in such a world with limitless possibilities of your own power of creation.

Second of all there is plenty of misinformation spread through Alex Jones to distract people from the horrific nature of those at the top of the food chain.

Your perspective is a great example of one that has been cultivated by the social engineers that have viewed the masses to be controlled for a very long time.

I recommend beginning your research into this by reading Propaganda by Edward Bernays

I shall now share with you the first two paragraphs from this book...

The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of.

This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society. Our invisible governors are, in many cases, unaware of the identity of their fellow members in the inner cabinet.

Now do yourself a favor and apply this rhetoric to the world that you see around you.

This "invisible" government has been controlled by greedy psychopaths who have destroyed our environment, funded deathsquads, human trafficking, poisoned our food, water and air, destroyed our educational system, perverted our moral/spiritual compass and built a network around the globe enforcing slavery.

How many people would rather plug into their virtual reality than discipline and strengthen themselves to stand up to such a beast system?
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago09America/Chicago930amFriday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

The sad thing is, it's so true. Students sit in a classroom before class, no longer talking to each other, but surfing the Internet or chatting online. The scary thing is, what will their children be like?

I feel kind of sorry for my son. He pretty much dislikes everyone he goes to school with. He avoids them at lunch time, doesn't eat in the school cafeteria, he walks down to a local store for a cheeseburger and has 6 friends he hangs out with. He claims they are all brain dead Facebook...faces. They spend all their time talking about "Did you see that video on Facebook/Youtube" or whatever site they have their head buried in and tear each other apart if one of them steps out of bounds of The Cliche. He thinks most of the girls are just empty headed chatterboxes, not worth his time.
Mostly, I'm proud that he hasn't fallen for the Twitter/Snapchat/Facebook/Tumbler Universe, that so many have, leaving their brain in neutral. He started talking to this one girl.....and she, While Sitting Right Next To Him, said "Let's talk on Twitter". She wanted to have a conversation by text.
He got up and walked away.
edit on 2-9-2016 by DAVID64 because: Not enough coffee yet

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Would you rather your son him be like them? Don't feel sorry for him, he's seeing clearly. Support that, praise that.

Give him hope that its okay not to be chained in Plato's Cave with al the other shadow warriors. Ugh, school years suck basically, he'll find a path and friends, eventually.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join