It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why i dont like facebook

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

The scary thing is, what will their children be like?

If they have any, unlike them. Can you imagine? Its a fad I hope. This online thing will go the way all other fads over the decades do.

Easily distracted is also easily bored. The Mad Men will just switch our focus all over again.

Ever watch the TV series, Mad Men? How about the film Looker? Check Looker out if you haven't.

Thanks for the praise, I outdo myself sometimes. Nice reference to Idiocracy.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

i dont think a child should leave the cave.. That is my opinion, i think everyone should be chained until they can show themselves being, i dont know, free?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

i dont think a child should leave the cave.. That is my opinion, i think everyone should be chained until they can show themselves being, i dont know, free?

They have to stay in the cave. Its require to stay in school until they are 18.

Then plug into a cubicle and chain themselves to that workaday cave.

And go to church every sunday, Disney land and the zoo, circuses and fairs. Watch TV in between.

Lots of caves provided for the mind.

But go ahead and unplug (unchain) yourself from your comfortable seat in the cave.

I'll wait.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Im think i am not chained, i just choose to go back.. We were all given in society, well most societies an option of free will.. What you do with it, is up to you...
You cant just do as you choose with free will in a Kingdom where a King or a Queen placed laws..
Free will is practiced in Nature, not society..

Free will for most is the privilege of being a primate in society and still being protected by the laws for humans..

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
If they have any, unlike them. Can you imagine? Its a fad I hope. This online thing will go the way all other fads over the decades do.

I believe the Internet has changed humanity forever. I don't think there's any chance it's a fad. People have their mobile phones at their fingertips at all times to surf online. I'm one of them. I would never judge someone for that. But, you're the first person I've seen that referred to the Internet as a fad. Is that wishful thinking? Do you have any evidence that it's a fad?

originally posted by: intrptr
The scary thing is, what will their children be like?
Easily distracted is also easily bored.

And, boredom is death of the soul. So, we've got more dead people than ever walking around.

Ever watch the TV series, Mad Men? How about the film Looker? Check Looker out if you haven't.

Thank you for the TV/movie recommendations. I haven't seen any of them. I need to check them out.

I think you "outdo yourself" quite often.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

But, you're the first person I've seen that referred to the Internet as a fad. Is that wishful thinking? Do you have any evidence that it's a fad?

My only go to, because everything else has turned out to be fads. Once its regulated, censored, and commercialized like everything else it will fade to background noise, eventually.

People become just so tired of something everyone is doing. Especially with activity like Facebook and twitter. Short attention spans also mean quick to bore.

We are breeding impatience with our internet activity.

Impatience for something of substance.

I know, old school. New school people are more stubborn. imo ,it will just take a little longer, this time around.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I think you "outdo yourself" quite often.

Only human. This was done in 1981...

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

You sound like a denizen of Plato's Cave, arguing about the veracity of shadows dancing in firelight on the cave wall.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

No, if someone is happy looking at shadows dancing on the wall.. Should i scream ;" YOU ARE BEING MISLEAD!!! ITS ALL LIES!!!! "
Do you think its right? Should i criticize someone for finding joy? Or should i help those in need of help? If a person doesnt need help, it means he usually doesnt need any help.. no matter what anyone thinks or believe

Just because someone found a place where things makes sense, doesnt really necessarily mean its right ..

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I have never had facebook but for some reason i have this hate deep within me for it....i dont know why but i do. So even though i have never personally experienced it i understand your dislike for it op.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

No, if someone is happy looking at shadows dancing on the wall.. Should i scream ;" YOU ARE BEING MISLEAD!!! ITS ALL LIES!!!! "
Do you think its right? Should i criticize someone for finding joy? Or should i help those in need of help? If a person doesnt need help, it means he usually doesnt need any help.. no matter what anyone thinks or believe

Just because someone found a place where things makes sense, doesnt really necessarily mean its right ..

Defending ones place in the cave is our prerogative. I've been up top though, felt the sun on my face, seen blue skies with puffy white clouds, a gurgling brook, a butterfly, a flower.

Once you've seen these things you would never be comfortable in the cave again.

Except to try and help others.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Although i have Facebook i barely use it, catch up with family/friends etc, if someone FB message's me i might not see it for days,, would rather get a txt or phone call any day of the week than a FB message.

Not to mention the constant updates annoying as fuk.
edit on 2-9-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Facebook is hilarious and awesome. You just gotta use it right. All I ever see is updates from my family, favorite bands and sports, and lots of funny animal sh@#
It's like a mini version of the internet.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I'm slowly giving up on Facebook - Most of my friends on there are getting married or have a boyfriend already. This last month alone, three of them already got married.

I've been silently cutting a lot of people off of it too - for a while there, it got a little hairy because I had someone that recently turned into an anti-male feminist posting articles about how bad guys are every day. I don't need to see that garbage on my profile - I still keep Facebook for the sole reason it's easier to keep in touch with some of my friends that way, or snoop to see what interesting events are in their timeline (for example, I would have never discovered the ghost tour I'm going on in November had I not had a friend interested in going).

-fossilera

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join