It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peña Nieto told Trump, “Mexico won’t pay for the wall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
So it seems like Trump went down to Mexico, and the Mexican President confronted Trump about the wall...the very first thing he said to Trump was "Mexico won't pay for the wall."

Mexico won’t pay for the wall

Neito even tweeted this afterward.

Peña Nieto tweeted: “At the beginning of the conversation with Donald Trump I made it clear that Mexico will not pay for the wall.” The Trump campaign did not immediately comment on the apparently conflicting accounts.

To make things worse, Trump lied about talking about who is paying for the wall when asked at the press conference.

“We did discuss the wall. We didn’t discuss payment of the wall. That’ll be for a later date. This was a very preliminary meeting,” the candidate said.

So it looks like not only did Trump get shot down by the Mexican President about the wall, he lied about it to all of his supporters.

Not so "Presidential" Trump.
edit on 31-8-2016 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
He said they didn't talk about it...

The Mexican president bringing it up and them actually having a conversation about it are distinctly 2 different things.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Trumps trip to Mexico was just transparent pandering to the American Hispanic community.

To late for that Donald....they know what you really think about them. Taco Salad....

There will be no wall anyway. That's just a talking point to rally his base of haters.
edit on 31-8-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

It's not surprising that according to Trump the issue of payment wasn't discussed because I don't expect Trump to confront this man about it when having a one on one conversation. Trump is a big man behind the podium with his supporters cheering and chanting but get him alone and he avoids confrontation.

May be why he's not looking forward to debating Clinton.
edit on 31-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

How can they honestly talk about it when Trump has no leverage until he gets that pen in his hands?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Yea if you believe the Mexican president.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

".....made it clear that Mexico will not pay for the wall.”

Why would anyone think different.

I've used the analogy of my disgruntled neighbor putting up a fence between him and I and sending me the bill.

(I ain't gonna play either) and by the way I am none partisan between Trump and Hillary and If I don't do a write I'll vote for Gary Johnson.

In other words I'm going to vote against both these numbskulls.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Do you really think Mexico is going to cut the US a check? There are ways to make them pay, whether they want to or not.

Increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards—of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico.

Also the US gives Mexico $50-100 million per year in aid, cut that in half.

edit on 31-8-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yea Clinton is such a wizard at debate! LOL

Trump could probably just cancel the debates and no one would care.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Did you think that the Mexican president would say, here's your blank check. Go build that wall.

Besides, the Mexican president has to save face. So he comes out like he's HAM.

Trump being the great leader he is, he let the Mexican president talk that blah blah blah. Trump is in a position of power and used it well.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

Well, if that's the case then he shouldn't have his entire campaign centered around Mexico paying for the wall if he isn't going to talk about it with the Mexican president. The reason he's talking to the president is because of this and he didn't even bring it up.

Sad it was the Mexican president who brought it up first and I guess Trump didn't wanna talk about it. I bet if they ever have a second meeting it still won't be brought up by Trump.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trumps trip to Mexico was just transparent pandering to the American Hispanic community.

To late for that Donald....they know what you really think about them. Taco Salad....

There will be no wall anyway. That's just a talking point to rally his base of haters.

It was the democrats who referred to Hispanics as "taco bowls" in the DNCLeaks.

Your a democrat, you can't even mention pandering because it's the only policy you have, the Convention was nearly a week of pandering to every ethnicity, sexual preference and gender identity in America.

It's not too late, Clinton Hispanic support has dropped 20%

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

She's a seasoned debater and she knows way more about politics, economics, foreign affairs, you know, government things, than Trump ever will. Word is, she's busy studying her ass off like a high schooler while Trump is playing golf and getting counseled by Rudy G, Alies, and Hannity.

Trump can't cancel a debate but even if he did everyone would care.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

It's not surprising that according to Trump the issue of payment wasn't discussed because I don't expect Trump to confront this man about it when having a one on one conversation. Trump is a big man behind the podium with his supporters cheering and chanting but get him alone and he avoids confrontation.

May be why he's not looking forward to debating Clinton.

Oh I'm sure you've had several one on one encounters with Trump where he backed down right?

Do you even care about reality or only Trump bashing with no basis and pandering.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Being that Trump is a pathological liar, many of us have no choice but to believe the Mexican president.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Yes and even ex-pres Fox said Trump was not welcome in Mexico la de da my god and could you image any head of state talking about Mexicans like that?!! I mean dam after all the zillions of untaxed cash that has flowed into that country over the last 20 years?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

She's a seasoned debater and she knows way more about politics, economics, foreign affairs, you know, government things, than Trump ever will. Word is, she's busy studying her ass off like a high schooler while Trump is playing golf and getting counseled by Rudy G, Alies, and Hannity.

I remember when Trump went at it on the same stage with over a dozen seasoned debators.

If Bernie Sanders wasn't so limp wristed, he could have smacked her up, and Trump will take those opportunities.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

I'm sorry for you Trump supporters and your delusions of grandeur for your main man Trump but the rest of us who don't support him recognize he's a thinned skinned bully. Don't talk to me about reality if you think Trump is not only gonna win the election but also make America Great Again.

So yes, if I'm not on your team then I'm clearly bias and so are you but I dunno who you think I'm pandering to. Am I running for president of ATS or something?
edit on 31-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

I remember when Trump went at it on the same stage with over a dozen seasoned debators.

If Bernie Sanders wasn't so limp wristed, he could have smacked her up, and Trump will take those opportunities.

In the Republican primary debates, his audience was the Right Wing and he was mostly pandering to the Alt-Right. He did well with that, they are in love with him now...seems like you are as well.

The General Election is different, if you don't understand that then you don't understand politics.

I hope Trump tries to attack Hillary and call her names...Clinton won't even have to say anything to win that type of debate.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Compared to "taco bowl" salad isn't too bad.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join