It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peña Nieto told Trump, “Mexico won’t pay for the wall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Huh? Thanksgiving? I thought we were talking about Trumps visit to Mexico? Mad at liberals? Start ANOTHER thread about it.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: Swills

I gave you a star by mistake. Rescend it please.

That's not a thing.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I can respect that. Many don't, but I do.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

No. I've been watching the man for over a year now and that's because he's constantly in the media, like all forms of media, all of them, and especially here on ATS. I can't get away from this guy, even Reddit has a popular sub called EnoughTrumpSpam. So, with all this bombardment of The Donald, I definitely feel as if I already know him and I do not like what I see at all. I do not believe a word he says because he's a pathological liar. That's not a conspiracy or Left Wing MSM bias that Trump is a liar. Nope, Trump proved that all by himself over and over again.

Hillary is not what America needs at all right now. Hillary needs America and her donors need her to their bidding BUT Trump ain't no where near the answer America needs either. And that's why he's the most disliked candidate in US history. Hillary should be thanking Trump otherwise she would have earned that title.

So at the end of the day, based on everything I've seen, read, and heard from him I can say I definitely feel like he's become a part of my life and I've come to the conclusion he's either a shill for the Clinton's or a complete dumbass (I'm leaning more towards complete dumbass). Either way, doesn't look good for you if you're a supporter of his.

And double that for all your other posts, too! Goddam, finally a thinking human who realizes that Clinton V2.0 and Trump V0.0 aren't our only options, and that this is an UNPRECEDENTED opportunity to obliterate the hated and corrupt Republican and Democratic parties once and for all, and their little dogs in the media, too!

Both the Libertarian and Green parties have intelligent, sane, rational, experienced human non-indictable beings running for office. The Libertarians will be on the ballot in all 50 states, no write-ins needed. And meanwhile, the MSM keeps telling you 'they can't win'. Well for crying out loud, prove them wrong! You don't need to vote for the guy who has alienated you from most of your family and friends because it makes them question your judgement and you don't need to vote for a corrupt security leak either.

Someone mentioned they'd been drinking and so excuse their 'spelling'; I'm beginning to realize once again (I tend to not think of it) that a lot of posters here are apparently either stoned, or drunk. Which is okay, feel free, but it sure explains a lot...do some of you ever have a lucid, sober moment? Or is voting for someone because he makes you feel like you're back in high school and your team is beating the crap out of the other side all it takes?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Look at this, triggered so easily you can't understand something as simple as a "hypothetical" example.

Do us all a favor and stop playing dumb.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Many ways to make them pay for it indirectly. Liberals are quite aware it can be done.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: xstealth

Trump is going to win the election and enforce our own laws. What the hell is wrong with that?

What side are you on? Lawlessness?

So he is going to enforce Obamacare?

Or are you going to pick and choose which laws you consider worthy?
It will be enforced until it is repealed as all laws should. If you don't want to enforce a damn law then repeal it. If there is a law on the books it damn sure should be enforced. INCLUDING IMMIGRATION LAWS.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Freedom of speech in Mexico can be dangerous.

This is relatively anecdotal but I have a friend who spent 20 years in the US Navy and retired to Mexico afterwards. He had enough money to live anywhere, seems sane enough, and says he would 'never' return to the U.S. He says he has more freedom there, less hassle, lives like a king on his pension, and is sick and tired of the direction the U.S. is going in, along with our penchant for starting wars and invading countries on spurious grounds. He seems to have no problem with freedom of speech. I've personally been quite impressed with the quality of the last two Mexican Presidents; they seem like highly educated, caring and responsible individuals, unlike most of our politicians; we end up with bullies and corruption instead.

One thing I *do* know - if Americans would stop buying drugs from south of the Border, Mexico would be a lot safer.

If you do drugs, you OWN that. Even so, the murder rate is far less in Mexico than here in the U.S.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Do you really think Mexico is going to cut the US a check? There are ways to make them pay, whether they want to or not.

Increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards—of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico.

Also the US gives Mexico $50-100 million per year in aid, cut that in half.

Exactly... bloody spot on point and Trump has said this before.

And I agree with another poster...

the Mexican president saying '' i wont pay for it '' and trump not responding isn't them discussing the wall at all
its trump hearing his statement and ignoring it because there needs to be a proper conversation and a plan provided before anything can be discussed.

I can yell at Obama '' you are from mars '' that doesn't mean we discussed his alien heritage.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian

Someone mentioned they'd been drinking and so excuse their 'spelling'; I'm beginning to realize once again (I tend to not think of it) that a lot of posters here are apparently either stoned, or drunk. Which is okay, feel free, but it sure explains a lot...do some of you ever have a lucid, sober moment? Or is voting for someone because he makes you feel like you're back in high school and your team is beating the crap out of the other side all it takes?

Yes, I have been drinking this evening but that in no way impairs my judgment of what has transpired over the last 25 years. I dont drink all day long every day of the week but what I have experienced over the past years has sickened me to the core. I have seen the corruption creep into our political system to the point that it is a cancerous rotten infestation that needs to be excised from the whole and nothing of the status quote is going to get it done. Yes I have been drinking this evening but that doesn't even come close to overcoming the contempt I have for the corruption going on in our government today. I despise what we have become. The liars, thieves and criminals have over run our democratic republic and turned it into a vile corruption. Yes, I have been drinking this evening but that doesn't temper my disgust for this present travesty.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

a reply to: xstealth

Trump didn't debate, he resorted to Reality TV show tactics, you now name calling and drama. Trump referenced his own penis on the debate stage and told the country, nay the world, that there's nothing wrong down there so you have some nerve trying to argue that he's a debater. He won because he bullied all the republican candidates while declaring insane policies. The man will say anything that gets people clapping for him, talk about pandering. He lies all the time and flip flops more than any politician I can think of.

Way to go in your support for Trump! You guys sure know how to pick a winner.

At least Bernie took the high road and stuck the issues and policies instead of slinging mud or talk about his package.
Bernie took the high road? He said he was going to take it all the way to the convention what happened? He bent right over for Hillary BEFORE the convention! Bernie is weak weak weak.

ANYTHING but Shillary! Trump 2016!

Surprisingly, you ignore the fact he always stated he would support the nominee. That went double when you voted Trump in as the republican nominee.

You know what's weak? Trump being a pathological liar.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Until they do pay for the wall, Trump will be doing exactly what he states on his website.

Until the wall is a physical one, it will be an economic one.

Who knew it would be so difficult for some to accept that some countries should be taking care of their own problems, instead of expecting folks that are most affected by it to do it for them.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Sir, I may get banned for this but, you are a charlatan. You know no 3rd party candidate has a chance of being elected. You know 1 less vote for Trump is a vote for Clinton! You know she is evil to the core but you appear to support her. Why?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
A REPLY TO:
Swills

Trump will build this wall and he won't give up like you weak minded little Bernie did!

Dude he handed it to her!!

PHILADELPHIA — Sen. Bernie Sanders, in a bid to bridge the Democratic Party's divide between his backers and supporters of Hillary Clinton, moved Tuesday to give Clinton the party's presidential nomination by acclamation.

He GAVE her the nomination BEFORE the convention! He got on his frail knees and kissed the wicked witch of Shillary's feet. Gave up the battle just like the weak little man that he is would do. He could have taken it to the convention like he promised but he is a weak little man.

USA Today

I mean it looked like it was planned/rigged! The dude is so weak!

Trump 2016!
edit on 8/31/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/1/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Until they do pay for the wall, Trump will be doing exactly what he states on his website.

Who knew it would be so difficult for some to accept that some countries should be taking care of their own problems, instead of expecting folks that are most affected by it to do it for them.

Illegal Immigration is America's problem, not Mexico's.

America can try to build a wall to keep people out, even though it's a dumb idea and won't work. But Mexico doesn't have any responsibility to keep their people in their country...they are free to go wherever they choose.

Is it Canada's job to monitor who goes into their country? Or is it America's job to monitor who leaves our country to go into Canada?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I liked Bernie way more than I like Hillary...but he wasn't going to win, just wasn't going to happen.

Bernie did what he thought was good for the country.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

a reply to: xstealth

Trump didn't debate, he resorted to Reality TV show tactics, you now name calling and drama. Trump referenced his own penis on the debate stage and told the country, nay the world, that there's nothing wrong down there so you have some nerve trying to argue that he's a debater. He won because he bullied all the republican candidates while declaring insane policies. The man will say anything that gets people clapping for him, talk about pandering. He lies all the time and flip flops more than any politician I can think of.

Way to go in your support for Trump! You guys sure know how to pick a winner.

At least Bernie took the high road and stuck the issues and policies instead of slinging mud or talk about his package.
Bernie took the high road? He said he was going to take it all the way to the convention what happened? He bent right over for Hillary BEFORE the convention! Bernie is weak weak weak.

ANYTHING but Shillary! Trump 2016!

Surprisingly, you ignore the fact he always stated he would support the nominee. That went double when you voted Trump in as the republican nominee.

You know what's weak? Trump being a pathological liar.

Dude between Trump and Hillary how can you pick him to call the pathological liar?

When he commits perjury, we'll talk

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

America can try to build a wall to keep people out, even though it's a dumb idea and won't work. But Mexico doesn't have any responsibility to keep their people in their country...they are free to go wherever they choose.

Is it Canada's job to monitor who goes into their country? Or is it America's job to monitor who leaves our country to go into Canada?

It is America's problem. But the reasons people are fleeing Mexico is theirs.

Canadians aren't hopping the boarder, mainly because there is no rampant crime, corruption, poverty, cartels, etc. No need for a wall in the north.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

It is America's problem. But the reasons people are fleeing Mexico is theirs.

Canadians aren't hopping the boarder, mainly because there is no rampant crime, corruption, poverty, cartels, etc. No need for a wall in the north.

So let me get this straight.

1. You think Mexico needs to fix their economic problems to stop their citizens from crossing the border.
2. But in the meantime, you want to build a big wall to stop them
3. However, you want Mexico to pay for this wall.
4. To force them to pay for this wall, you are going to impose economic hardships on Mexico...which will just cause more people to want to leave Mexico and come to America.

I think your logic is a little flawed.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
No sir! He did what he thought was good for the Democratic party not our country!

Trump 2016!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join