It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peña Nieto told Trump, “Mexico won’t pay for the wall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Do you really think Mexico is going to cut the US a check? There are ways to make them pay, whether they want to or not.

Increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards—of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico.

Also the US gives Mexico $50-100 million per year in aid, cut that in half.

Extra fees will not pay for this fantasy wall nor will threats in regard to aid get this fantasy wall built either.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
a reply to: Swills

Trump is going to win the election and enforce our own laws. What the hell is wrong with that?

What side are you on? Lawlessness?

Clearly you and I live in two different realities so come November we'll see whose actually living in reality.

Lawlessness? Now are you trying to argue that Trump is some kind of a stand up citizen and not only that, will be the Sheriff who is gonna bring law to a land of disorder? Trump isn't going to magically fix everything that is wrong with America and if you can't see that then I don't know what else to tell you.

I can't wait for November.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Oh, and you have met Trump in private and personally how many times now?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

Exactly! After all, just who swings the big stick globally? Mexico? I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

No. I've been watching the man for over a year now and that's because he's constantly in the media, like all forms of media, all of them, and especially here on ATS. I can't get away from this guy, even Reddit has a popular sub called EnoughTrumpSpam. So, with all this bombardment of The Donald, I definitely feel as if I already know him and I do not like what I see at all. I do not believe a word he says because he's a pathological liar. That's not a conspiracy or Left Wing MSM bias that Trump is a liar. Nope, Trump proved that all by himself over and over again.

Hillary is not what America needs at all right now. Hillary needs America and her donors need her to their bidding BUT Trump ain't no where near the answer America needs either. And that's why he's the most disliked candidate in US history. Hillary should be thanking Trump otherwise she would have earned that title.

So at the end of the day, based on everything I've seen, read, and heard from him I can say I definitely feel like he's become a part of my life and I've come to the conclusion he's either a shill for the Clinton's or a complete dumbass (I'm leaning more towards complete dumbass). Either way, doesn't look good for you if you're a supporter of his.
edit on 31-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

WHAT! You claim Trump is a pathological liar? Do you even consider reality? Hitllery invented the term, pathological liar. The woman couldn't tell the truth if it granted her an unrestricted path to Heaven. Surely, you jest.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: xstealth

Trump didn't debate, he resorted to Reality TV show tactics, you now name calling and drama. Trump referenced his own penis on the debate stage and told the country, nay the world, that there's nothing wrong down there so you have some nerve trying to argue that he's a debater. He won because he bullied all the republican candidates while declaring insane policies. The man will say anything that gets people clapping for him, talk about pandering. He lies all the time and flip flops more than any politician I can think of.

Way to go in your support for Trump! You guys sure know how to pick a winner.

At least Bernie took the high road and stuck the issues and policies instead of slinging mud or talk about his package.
Bernie took the high road? He said he was going to take it all the way to the convention what happened? He bent right over for Hillary BEFORE the convention! Bernie is weak weak weak.

ANYTHING but Shillary! Trump 2016!

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Look, I get the standard operating procedure when defending Trump is to immediately deflect to Hillary and I also get that you probably didn't my read my post where I said I in no way, shape or form, support her but don't you sit there and tell me Trump isn't a pathological liar and then talk to me about reality.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Darkmadness

Well, if that's the case then he shouldn't have his entire campaign centered around Mexico paying for the wall if he isn't going to talk about it with the Mexican president. The reason he's talking to the president is because of this and he didn't even bring it up.

Sad it was the Mexican president who brought it up first and I guess Trump didn't wanna talk about it. I bet if they ever have a second meeting it still won't be brought up by Trump.

Wow! When did Trump become potus, did I miss something?

What's that saying, "geeze, at least buy me dinner before..."

Trump bought him dinner.

The mexican prez is not very liked by his own people, so I'm not sure of his fate if Trump wins. Oh well.

If he can clean up Mexico for his people, he can be a hero.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

Trump is going to win the election and enforce our own laws. What the hell is wrong with that?

What side are you on? Lawlessness?

So he is going to enforce Obamacare?

Or are you going to pick and choose which laws you consider worthy?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

So you don't like Trump you will support a pathological liar and international murderous criminal that deserves to be tried in the Hague and hanged for crimes against humanity?

If I missread your post, I apologize but if you support the hag resend this edit.
edit on 2016-08-31T22:23:25-05:0010pmWed, 31 Aug 2016 22:23:25 -0500WednesdayAmerica/Chicago2531 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

PS: Ive been drinking so forgive any misspelling.
edit on 2016-08-31T22:25:24-05:0010pmWed, 31 Aug 2016 22:25:24 -0500WednesdayAmerica/Chicago2431 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

So running for POTUS, Trump can claim he will make Mexico pay for the wall BUT when meeting with the president of Mexico as the republican nominee he can't talk about his policy about making Mexico pay for the wall with the Mexican president? You know, the CORE of his entire campaign?

Hey, we all get it, well most of us, that Trump isn't nor could he make some kind of policy during said meeting but they sure can talk about Trumps brilliant immigration plan. Mexican presidents don't make a habit of inviting presidential candidates every cycle for meetings, you know?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Logarock

Being that Trump is a pathological liar, many of us have no choice but to believe the Mexican president.

Ya right. I don't think even you believes that.

From the never Trump crowd.

Why Hillary Is Never Held Accountable for Her Lies

The media excuse her mendacity because it serves the progressive cause.

Everyone rightly catalogues Donald Trump’s fibs, distortions, and exaggerations: his assertions about his net worth, his charitable contributions, his initial supposed opposition to the Iraq War, or his “flexible” positions on illegal immigration.

After all, he is flamboyant, right-wing in his present incarnation, and supposedly bends the truth either out of crass narcissism or for petty profiteering.

So the watchdog media and popular culture have no problem with ridiculing Trump as a fabricator.

But not so with Hillary Clinton, whose untruths far overshadow Trump’s in both import and frequency, but are so often contextualized, excused, and forgotten because of who she is and the purpose her outright lying supposedly serves.

Lying in America has become not lying when “good” liars advance alternative narratives for noble purposes — part of our long slide into situational ethics and moral relativism.

Read more at: www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

This is another problem with Trump supporters. If anyone doesn't support their man they immediately attack you for supporting Clinton, even if the victim has repeatedly said they don't support her.

You guys do know there are other people running for president, right?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Freedom of speech in Mexico can be dangerous.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I never believed in anything more in my whole life.

To deny Trump is a pathological liar is to embrace ignorance and that weakness is strength.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Freedom of speech in Mexico can be dangerous.

What does that even mean?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Basic logic has gone out the window with the liberals who enjoy playing stupid. Here's a hypothetical.

Person A; Hello. Nice to meet you. You're not coming over for Thanksgiving dinner.

Person B; Hi. Nice to meet you as well. We can talk about Thanksgiving down the road, we have plenty else to talk about now.

In this example, person A brought up Thanksgiving but also, person A and person B didn't really discuss it. It was mentioned.

Same thing today. It isn't complicated. And zeroing in on it is beyond pathetic. It's a waste of time. That's all the left has though. They can't actually debate the facts raised or the 30 min speech, they instead fabricate some nonsense while completely ignoring the topic.

And that's all the left does now. Dodge. Hide. Fabricate.
edit on 31-8-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I gave you a star by mistake. Rescend it please.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I have become an anarchist. I don't even plan to vote.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join