It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillsborough Witness Appeal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Operation Resolve would like to identify a number of people who were in close proximity to Gate C when it opened at 2:52pm.

The people highlighted in this appeal are potential witnesses and could have vital information to assist the inquiry.

My team will approach this inquiry as they would any serious crime investigation – impartially, with an open mind, using their skills to establish the facts and gather and test the evidence so that it ultimately leads us to the truth. The truth may be uncomfortable for some.

Operation Resolve homepage. operationresolve.co.uk...

Photographs here. operationresolve.co.uk...

Video here. operationresolve.co.uk...

Orgreave is being ignored as long as possible, most likely due to the unavoidable fallout from the revelation that military dressed as police were there, as at the Beanfield. Key witnesses are still unidentified at Hillsborough. If the same unidentified faces turn up at Hillsborough and Orgreave, the theory that Hillsborough was deliberate gains significant credence.

This may possibly be behind the governments extreme reluctance to address Orgreave. Those skilful at facial recognition will start to put the pieces together. And those skilful at facial recognition are looking at these faces.

It's important to know the official police view is the fans were not responsible for the Hillsborough tragedy.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

You're pushing this ridiculous conspiracy of yours again. No. It's disrespectful to the dead. We all know who was responsible - Duckenfield, who was incompetent and a liar.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
My old operations partner at work who is now retired was a Sgt.. At the time of the miners strike he had been in the Job around 3-4 years, I have not questioned him directly about what happened there but I have dropped hints about military being involved and the only thing he has mentioned that could be the slightest bit note worthy was that they where staying at near by barracks and the overtime was a lot, They where sent up on coaches direct from London. That is about it. He had no knowledge of any military and he is not someone that is able to keep a secret!!!! but then he was just a PC at the time so such information was well been above his pay grade..

I was very young during the miners strike so do not have any first hand information to share and I was also fairly young for Hillsborough.

As someone that has only followed these events on MSM what would the reason be for it to be a planned event?, and what roll could or did the military play?, what was the end game as such.. My understanding was that the Police failed terribly and then tried to blame the supporters for what happened?. Or have I missed a few pages??..

RA

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
One of my very earliest memories was going to the shop to get a Sports Argus, or the “pink paper” as I called it, for my old man (because he was too lazy to do it himself)... and I’ll never forget that front page. Anyway, deliberate or not, the fans cannot be blamed for this because the safety protocol was clearly not being followed.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Maybe not so far fetched. The police themselves say there may be a connection.

I found this -

www.bbc.com...

A full report into allegations of police misconduct at the so-called Battle of Orgreave will not be made public, the Independent Police Complaints Commission has ruled.
It said publishing its full review of the actions of South Yorkshire Police may prejudice criminal investigations into the Hillsborough disaster.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Maybe not so far fetched. The police themselves say there may be a connection.

I found this -

www.bbc.com...

A full report into allegations of police misconduct at the so-called Battle of Orgreave will not be made public, the Independent Police Complaints Commission has ruled.
It said publishing its full review of the actions of South Yorkshire Police may prejudice criminal investigations into the Hillsborough disaster.

Reading it carefully shows that any link was in the attitude of the police, especially after the events. That's very different from a conspiracy linking the two.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Not being British, I'm not really up on all the details, all I know is a lot of fans got crushed and from what I can tell, it was the police that were at fault for poor crowd control and not getting help fast enough. Also, the way the stadium was built and how they funneled fans in, was just an accident waiting to happen.
I think the miners strike incident was the police getting belligerent. Of course, being an ex coal miner, I'll admit to being on their side.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Not being British, I'm not really up on all the details, all I know is a lot of fans got crushed and from what I can tell, it was the police that were at fault for poor crowd control and not getting help fast enough. Also, the way the stadium was built and how they funneled fans in, was just an accident waiting to happen.
I think the miners strike incident was the police getting belligerent. Of course, being an ex coal miner, I'll admit to being on their side.

Oh, Hillsborough was a total disaster. The police officer in charge was new to that position, he didn't know the area well, he didn't realise that the Leppings Lane entrance was prone to crush conditions, he didn't realise that fans were arriving late due to roadworks, he didn't brief his crowd control officers well and then, when a crush looked apparent, he panicked and opened the big side gate without realising that the pens in front of it were almost full. That's when it became a godawful mess. The crush was appalling and it took too long to realise what was going on. 96 people died. The police let them down. The ambulance people let them down. Everyone let them down. What was the automatic response of the South Yorkshire police to their own horrible failure? Oh, they blamed the fans. "They were drunk. Oh and they stole from the dead. What else would expect from scum like that?"
And then when the truth finally came out, we all realised that the scum were the police.
edit on 27-8-2016 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

I believe an MP was approached by a credible military source on a train and told about military involvement at Orgreave. I don't know where to find the link.

Miners allegedly saw military men they recognised in police uniform. It's one of the first things mentioned to newcomers to the area if the touchy subject of Orgreave is discussed.

When I arrived in the vicinity late one night to drop someone off I overshot the destination, turned in a big gateway, and caught sight of an old sign that said Orgreave. I blurted out, "IS THIS BLOODY ORGREAVE?" Which confused my young passenger as they knew nothing of it. My passenger later said the first evening they spent with a local they were told there were military dressed as police at Orgreave.

As it stands we're stuck with allegations and rumours that won't go away.

. . . many miners were said to have been struck over the head and body by police officers who wore boiler suits and had allegedly removed their identification numbers. The police were acting in accordance with a manual produced by the Association of Chief Police Officers called ‘Public Order Tactical Options’, which allegedly endorsed violent tactics that would allow them to “incapacitate” demonstrators, even though the law said that the use of such force could only be allowed in matters of self-defence or the prevention of crime. Some witnesses even allege that many of the men in police uniforms were not police officers at all, but army soldiers.

www.independent.co.uk... l

there's still a lot of questions swilling around after the miners' strike, e.g. why were the police allowed to remove their numbers? And there's still the persistent rumour about squaddies in police uniform being used.

Hillsborough created the conditions that made the private corporation known as Premier League Football incredibly wealthy, while simultaneously keeping a large part of Britain's manhood obsessed with televised football and beer instead of politics. And where are we know?

Then it was used as a form of mass shaming blaming 'the police' without singling out the real villains. Duckenfield's the patsy. Walter Jackson is a much bigger fish. www.abovetopsecret.com... Search Hillsborough or Walter Jackson to see more of my threads on the subject.

edit on 27 8 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27 8 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

More suggestions of other agencies at work during the miners' strike. If this is so the whole truth needs to come out otherwise it's lies, and we're sick of those.

www.theguardian.com...

MI5 were all over South Wales, they were # though so we had them marked, other special services as well, what with the SAS training base being just down the road. They used to try and stop ‘some people’ dumping coal out of the railway wagons on route to the coal fired stations from the docks- without much success.

They were all strangers in a strange land and stood out like sore thumbs.

Tony Benn states in his diaries that while on the train to Chesterfied a man introducing himself as an ex soldier told him that the Royal Green Jackets and the SAS were involved in the strike.

Look at the footage, see the shaven headed police marching in perfect formation, many police uniforms had no numbers.

I read an account of a miner stating he recognised a cop as being a friends son who was serving in the Rhine army.

David Hart the millionaire unofficial Thatcher adviser stated in the True Spies series on BBC2 in 2002 that he paid ex SAS men to protect scabs.

There were teams of squaddies they used that we used to call The Runners. They used them at night against the Hit Squads attacking NCB targets. They came out of nowhere and were young and fit, the bastards would chase you all night long. If they caught anyone they didn't make arrests, just absolutely beat the # out of you. You mean well lad, but you're talking about something you didn't experience first-hand.

I was very much involved in the strike, both as a picket and as a member of the Hit Squads. The Runners were notorious among those of us who used to go out at night, but fortunately I never got chased by them personally. Friends of mine certainly did though, and reckoned they were squaddies, based on their fitness, attitude, language, etc. Of course, they could have been mistaken. I've seen personally coppers in old ill-fitting uniforms, but that doesn't necessarily mean they were soldiers. I've also heard the tales about how a mate of a mate saw his (squaddie) brother there, etc. Nothing conclusive that I've seen with my own eyes, and it's true that there were no shortage of cops anyway. That said, I don't think you can dismiss this story simply on the basis that if it were true it 'would have come out by now', that isn't necessarily the case at all, and after all for most people this is a very minor detail of history.

www.indymedia.org.uk...

new topics

top topics

join