It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Warnings, Listen to them.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What tells you "we are building in [the right] direction? I think the geopolitical news in the past 6 months says exactly the opposite. The world and its people are more divided and fearful than in the past. To me, that's not conducive to harmony and progress.

If the "right direction" means more militarized police and human rights violations by the governments of the world then I agree, we do seem to be moving in that direction.

Just because I say we are moving in the right direction doesn't mean that progress is gained uniform across the board, nor does it mean that everything is improving. Some things can still unimprove, but we can always work to fix them again instead of just pointing at their failure as a sign that the times are awful.

What do you have to say about this?
The World Is Not Falling Apart
History and the Decline of Human Violence

Or is this just propaganda because it flies in the face of your scary narrative?
edit on 23-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Don't see this going on at all. The 1st Amendment is as strong is as its ever been

Tht pretty much summed you up for me. Have fun in your cage. I can't even debate with someone that believes that.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

kudos my friend....well said

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Your "History and the Decline of Human Violence" link isn't working for me.

Thanks for sharing the other one, reading now.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Is that what they're doing? If you can prove that I'll be convinced to join your side.

That's hard to prove if you aren't open to believing the MSM. I can easily show the UN charter and things like that, but if you are already predisposed to just distrust the UN or distrust things like the Gates Foundation then there is no point.

I see people like Soros, the things he's been a part of, and that he's the number one globalist and I just, nope I don't see it.

See. This is what I'm talking about. Soros has become the latest "Rothchilde" buzzword for CTers. Just blankly call him out based on his media presence (I'm assuming his negative press in right wing media doesn't help either) without even addressing anything that he did.

But besides, Soros is just one person. He doesn't own the world. He doesn't even own the country. The Koch brothers are ideologically opposed to everything Soros stands for AND they are richer and spend more trying to get their political will enforced. It's called balance.

If Soros wasn't in the picture as well as others similar, I might be easier to convince. But maybe I'm wrong, show me please how the people in charge of this are worth putting my trust in.

If Soros wasn't in the picture, you'd be complaining about some other rich dude without concrete evidence of his "evilness".

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial

Different cultures have different values, and those values are codified in law. When there is a one world government, whose values will reign supreme?

Well whose values reign supreme in the United States? Last I checked this country is a melting pot of many different values and we make it work.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial

"Reign supreme" makes it sound like everyone else needs to be stamped out .

A secular constitution much like that of the US where things like culture, religion and personal identity are protected.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Your "History and the Decline of Human Violence" link isn't working for me.

Thanks for sharing the other one, reading now.

Thanks for the heads up. I fixed it.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanderingNomadd

Don't see this going on at all. The 1st Amendment is as strong is as its ever been

Tht pretty much summed you up for me. Have fun in your cage. I can't even debate with someone that believes that.

You could always start with specific examples of how the US government has infringed on free speech, but that hasn't actually happened. You have to misunderstand the text of the 1st Amendment to try to make the argument that free speech is under attack. You have no idea what it is like to live in a country with infringements on free speech.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Come back to me when you have some actual evidence of this conspiracy theory instead of just assumptions.

Did you not see the opening quote from Rockefeller? I noticed you avoided that too...

You won't touch it unless it fits your narrative.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

That quote is taken out of context and isn't saying what all you NWO believers think it is saying, but if that is your best evidence then you have little legs to stand on.

Quotes mean nothing to me.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420
What about it? He, like Bill Gates and others are open about using their money to change the world.

Just because you don't trust them to do the right thing doesn't mean that that is not their goal.

edit on 23-8-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: joemoe

This doesn't make sense. The existence of corruption and the fact that governments aren't perfect doesn't necessarily mean that a one world government would be overly corrupt.

What does not make sense if that you would put that much trust into a government that you know is corrupt. What is your recourse if/when that government turn on you?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

All governments suffer from some sort of corruption. This is a fact of life. It's not about "trusting" my government even though I know it is corrupt. It's about dealing with it and trying to minimize it from happening.

Have you ever heard of the Corruption Perceptions Index? Well that link is 2015's report and it is basically the world's perception of the most corrupt countries in the world. If you'll notice, the US is only #16 out of 167 rankings. That is pretty good. Sure it isn't perfect, but it's certainly a number that I can be happy with.

Also, you'll notice that the last few years' rating are included next to 2015's. As you can see, the US is trending towards LESS corruption, not more corruption.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Heres the best example that happened most recently.
Taking signs
White noise machines
Turning off lights so no one can see you
blocking out other peoples opinions
Removing people for having anti TPP signs
And basically ensuring everyones freedom to opinion and freedom to critisize government taken away. It was the democratic national convention not the Hillary national convention.

Complete violation of freedom of speech during a presidential election no less.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WanderingNomadd

I see you need a refresher civics class on the 1st Amendment. Here's the text:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

Now, I italicized a phrase there that is EXTREMELY important to understand this Amendment and one that is CRITICAL we don't ignore. "Congress shall make no law", that means that as long as the government doesn't legislate against free speech or jail or fine you for using it then it ISN'T a violation of the 1st Amendment.

So, let us return to your example here. First off, it is a Youtube video. Which is strike one. Youtube videos are never proof of anything and are one of the worst sources you can quote. Second off, there are examples of legislation, pending or official, being implemented here. Third off, the DNC is a private organization. It ISN'T part of the government. It has full control of what goes on and is said inside of its functions.

Please try to understand these things before continuing this conversation.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

"Congress shall make no law", that means that as long as the government doesn't legislate against free speech or jail or fine you for using it then it ISN'T a violation of the 1st Amendment.

So aslong as the government only squashes free speech but does'nt make it a law that is fine.

Tell me what the difference is.

So, let us return to your example here. First off, it is a Youtube video. Which is strike one. Youtube videos are never proof of anything and are one of the worst sources you can quote

Well thats bull# because that was a video of many clips showing it happening. What so it has to be on CNN or something before we can believe it? Do be serious.

Third off, the DNC is a private organization. It ISN'T part of the government. It has full control of what goes on and is said inside of its functions.

I forgot I was dealing with someone who will excuse anything to protect the government and its presidential candidates. Your picking at straws.. They are in charge of managing the future presidents. Thats as good as being a part of government when your rigging elections. To rig: To give an unfair advantage to one side of a conflict. The two party system is a sham and both sides are just a governmental as any other government institute even if not deemed so offically.

Their manipulations has helped to ensure a candidate that is'nt neccessarily wanted by popular opinion will get in.

You would think those kind of corrupt and deceitful actions would worry most people.

Ill accept your right to a certain degree it is mainly about congress passing laws. But it is also a individual right. The DNC prevented freedom of speech at a very important event that is directly linked to the government. Dont sit there and say "well their not apart of the government so destroying freedom of speech to ensure who they want as president becomes elected is fine".

Anyway your obviously a big believer and supporter of government so I wish you luck.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: WanderingNomadd

Man is that video slow moving. So does any of it actually have to do with the first amendment?

I got up to the part where people where protesting. Did any of those people get sent to jail or were they executed for political dissent? I'm just trying to figure out where the squashing took place.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

If you think that is okay thats fine.

Taking away signs with political opinions against the wants of Hillary and the DNC is against freedom of speech.
Stopping people coming in because they had anti tpp signs is against freedom of speech.

Keep kissing that ring.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

When you are talking about a one world government you are not only talking about the US or the EU for that matter. We would be lucky if a one world government is patterned after the US. It would be more likely be patterned after China. After all not everyone will agree with a one world government. The only way I see it happening is that the people would be disarmed and all resistance will be suppressed most like by force. Your idea of a one world government borders on utopia and not set in reality in my opinion.
edit on 23-8-2016 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join