It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump, Pence to Visit Flood-Ravaged Louisiana Capital Friday

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Big crowd in Dimondale MI after Trumps visit to Louisiana...

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Lets be honest this is nothing but a photo-op for Trump and a chance to make Obama/Clinton look bad. But that doesn't diminish how it will lift morale for his supports in the area and maybe others. It would have however been prudent to wait until the disaster is past and honor the wishes of the governor of LA.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

this is serious and nothing to joke about.,... no one deserves to have their house flooded....but...I do find it ironic

that Tony perkins , president of the Family Research Council, an organization labeled an anti-LGBT hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, was left homeless by the destructive flooding - See more at: www.thegailygrind.com... 9.dpuf

he claimed that natural disasters are caused by the gays....but now that his house is under water he changed it to this

Perkins claims that God sent this deadly flood not to punish the gays but rather “as an incredible, encouraging spiritual exercise to take you to the next level in your walk with an almighty and gracious God who does all things well.” In fact, he urges Christians to rejoice tha - See more at: www.thegailygrind.com... 9.dpuf

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

That's awesome.

And that saying about a silver lining in everything... You know what I mean.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

He's actually not going until Tuesday, AFTER his vacation ends.

Yep, and Hillary phoned in, as she is too busy resting.

edit on 19-8-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
THIS JUST in ,Obama sent a message to them NOT to discriminate..www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Wow. That was powerful. Really.

100,000 people without homes. Lives lost, businesses gone, coffins floating down the streets, entire towns under water. . . .

And he's ####ing worried about discrimination.

Obama is an asshole.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I'm sure if Hillary showed up some here would be suffering from aneurysms and screaming about how she's politicizing this tragedy
edit on 20-8-2016 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I guess we'll never know since she has chosen to ignore the plight of over 100,000 people.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: burntheships

Thankful to see at least one Presidential Candidate and VP going to visit and see what can be done to help.

What?

What exactly do you think Trump is going to do to help? Is he going to open his "yuge" mouth and suck in the flood waters?

You've got a great point there. Why visit these people if you can not fix the situation. Hell...why visit a sick friend in the hospital or attend a funeral. It isn't like you're going to cure a disease or raise the dead, right? Especially if you are doing something important that you paid for...ummmmm....I mean that the public paid for like a vacation or playing golf. It isn't like it is your job to show support for disaster zones. Or maybe that is you don't have to if they are in the USA...just if they are overseas.

Great point dude! Why should any of us waste our freakin time with something like THAT?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: burntheships

Thankful to see at least one Presidential Candidate and VP going to visit and see what can be done to help.

What?

What exactly do you think Trump is going to do to help? Is he going to open his "yuge" mouth and suck in the flood waters?

You've got a great point there. Why visit these people if you can not fix the situation. Hell...why visit a sick friend in the hospital or attend a funeral. It isn't like you're going to cure a disease or raise the dead, right? Especially if you are doing something important that you paid for...ummmmm....I mean that the public paid for like a vacation or playing golf. It isn't like it is your job to show support for disaster zones. Or maybe that is you don't have to if they are in the USA...just if they are overseas.

Great point dude! Why should any of us waste our freakin time with something like THAT?

If it were Hilary that had gone and Trump that was relaxing in luxury, you can be 100% sure that the same people saying "What can he do there?" would be fawning over Hillary's compassion and berating Trump for not caring.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

This is ignoring the he DID help with an 18 wheeler full of supplies he helped hand out himself.

So it's not like the can't help thing is accurate anyway.

Oh plus all the people happy someone cared enough to show up, and him doing so helping draw attention to their plight.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
My take is the politicians get in the way of people working to fix the situation. Send some supplies if you can and stay away.

Anyone can stop, look around and say "it's bad". That's no help and a distraction. And yes, I've had to deal with a flood, Houston 2001.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
This is interesting, if true:

newswithviews.com...

It says the truck Trump helped to unload were actually supplies that Trump SENT.

Can anyone confirm this? If true, he's got a heart of gold.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Okay, The Guardian also reporting Trump traveled with an 18-wheeler full of supplies:

www.theguardian.com...

What an awesome thing to do!

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
My take is the politicians get in the way of people working to fix the situation. Send some supplies if you can and stay away.

Anyone can stop, look around and say "it's bad". That's no help and a distraction. And yes, I've had to deal with a flood, Houston 2001.

He did. That 18-wheeler full of supplies was from Trump.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Anyone except for Hillary and Obama that is.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

The people there, the flood victims, really liked that he was there and appreciated it. I think that's important, too.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Hilarious. And heart moving...

And hillaryious.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join