It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department says it will end use of private prisons

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Hillary's campaign accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars from private prison lobbyists.

Trump accepted zero dollars from them.

We have no idea who had been giving him money as he will not release the info
Trump embraces fundraising, not transparency

Trump’s move to keep his bundlers secret is just one element of a dramatic campaign-finance flip, from attacking donors to soliciting them, from bashing super PACS to embracing them, from promising to release his taxes to refusing. Some of the very donors he demonized by name Trump has since gone back to seek support from, hat-in-hand.

So is Trump getting money from private prison companies? We do nor know. He is hiding something though.

This is a garbage piece election laws require him to release donor lists. So politico lied to you keep that in mind next time you read an article they post.Want to see donors for any candidate go here. It's updated when they receive the latest takes about 5 weeks since the campaigns report monthly. Bundlers is nothing more than people they send out to get collections from local offices and make calls. Releasing these is stupid since it puts your people at risk and they don't have the secret service protecting them. But is irrelevant since you can see who the donations came from.

www.fec.gov...
edit on 8/20/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

You are PRO slave labor i am not that is difference between you and i

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Could this new development be in response to the counsel of persons in the Justice Department who were made aware of an exceptional analysis of the privatised prison services which was exegetically defined right here on ATS recently? The thread can be found here, and it truly is a slam dunk rebuke of the present system:

The Hypocrites Iron Fist - The PC Movement in light of the War on Drugs - (TRULY EPIC! image HEAVY!)

That thread is extremely convincing in its depiction of the problems of the privatised prison system, the war on drugs, and various issues involving politically correct SJWs (social justice warriors - a mildly derogatory term to describe ultra-leftist millennials who are active online in arguing for a multitude of issues across a broad spectrum, including feminism, LGBT, 'safe spaces', 'special snowflakes', etc...)

If someone with power at the justice department read through that damning indictment, they might well have been directly inspired to initiate a take-down of the horribly corrupt privatised prison system...

edit on AugustSaturday1618CDT10America/Chicago-050059 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The difference would be educated verse uneducated on the topic at hand. You should stop trying to provoke an e-peen battle as it only makes you look more petty.

move on.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Great move- or so it seems.

Can't wait to see the subtext and who is getting rich off this decision.
The whole private prison thing was a money making scam in the first place, and many people in the criminal justice system made big bucks off of it. Removing that steps on a lot of toes, and removes incentives from a lot of crooked judges to imprison people for no good reason.

This begs the question.... what's in it for them, this time? I'm not capable of thinking they're doing it for the good of the US people. They've all shown themselves to be far too self serving for that.

I think they realize the "War on Drugs" is almost over and the jig is up. They are transferring capital and resources to legalized Marijuana and getting ahead of the curve on other drugs.

At least I hope.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Privatization of any human services is a bad idea left to corporations needing bailout after bail out totally unstable and non systematic if people want no services to function and just at random chaos then privatization is the way towards idiocracy of course people should be able to opt out of any of these god damned social and economic experiments they want because society has gotten jack sh-t no where in the last 50 years except more and more corruption as time goes on. Order does not have to mean control when adults act like adults in personal responsibility instead of a bunch of make believe like chdren running around wearing a special lil god cape breaking vases or social laws saying it isn't gravity but satan.

Don't stare in their special lil eyes ans faces too long or else your heart will overcome your head in thinking clearly...

The short bus cant fit all of us they keep praying for to arrive.
edit on 20-8-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The difference would be educated verse uneducated on the topic at hand. You should stop trying to provoke an e-peen battle as it only makes you look more petty.

move on.

That is another area you and i differ...i could not care less what it looks like, unlike yourself i am NOT involved in a war of image.....almost everyone of your posts here on this site is some form of damage control for your handlers ....

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Excellent move. Whose idea was it to privatise prisons anyway? I thought it was a stupid idea ever since I heard it, and could barely believe that such things existed.

I agree. It's almost as open and inviting to corruption as paid for medical services.

Almost.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So when you can no longer attack the facts that proved you wrong you go for the personal attack.

Like I said if you cant remain on topic and debate civilly then move on.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

It is not a personal attack it is an observation of your posting history and meant as an explanation to why i responded to you the way i did ......

You believe you have the facts right i believe you have them wrong....

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Not only do I have my facts right, I linked you to them.

All you have done is linked to a company from Australia that has nothing to do with the thread.

You then accuse me of being pro slave labor where once again you would be wrong. Inmates are paid for their work plain and simple.

If you cant accept those facts then that is your problem.

By all means though - refute the facts I have provided. Should be easy enough for you since you think you are right.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Did you say that private prisons did NOT create slave labor for the inmates ?....I linked to an Australian government site that quite clearly outlines the massive profit that is to be made the private correctional system....it has everything to do with the topic because the issue of privatized prisons are a far larger problem than just in the U.S....

So in a nutshell private prisons = slave labor.....

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

So your response is you cant refute the facts provided.

check.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

No need to be obtuse we are not in a courtroom, private prisons are slave labor camps stop pretending like they are not...the system of law is corrupt regardless of what "facts" you believe you have provided....
edit on 22-8-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Inmates are paid for their work plain and simple.

Yes they are!

Pay scale for federal prisoners who work outside of UNICOR in prison maintenance, in dollars per hour: $0.12-$0.40

Minimum UNICOR wage, in dollars per hour: $0.23
Maximum UNICOR wage, in dollars per hour: $1.15

Number of prisons where UNICOR makes office furniture5: 18
Average hourly earnings of a non-prisoner U.S. worker making office furniture: $13.04

Number of prisons where UNICOR makes clothing and textiles: 22
Average hourly earnings of a non-prisoner U.S. worker in a textile mill: $10.95

www.prisonpolicy.org...

edit on 22-8-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This is a good thing. Private Prisons are a stupid idea. They're too expensive and didn't save any money like they said they would. They provide horrible prisoner management. Plus the idea that a Private Company which has the only purpose of monetary gain is going to provide what is needed for Prisoners or Guards involved is just dumb.

We all know that to get more on that bottom line they will cut corners, break laws or whatever needed they think they can get away with to do so.

That is not what you want when dealing with people or civil society's issues. Some things aren't run best in the private sector because the Private Business Sector is about making the most profit possible at any cost.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Yet you have nothing to support your claims.

Inmates get paid plain and simple.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Comparing prison wages to that of a person who didnt break the law is a bit off. If they want the higher wage then dont break the law.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Those wages $0.23 - $1.15 still qualifies as "slave labor" for companies looking to make a quick buck off the for profit prison complex.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Yet you have nothing to support your claims.

Inmates get paid plain and simple.

So in your mind getting paid in the vicinity of $1 per hour is not slave labor ....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join