It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you be for abortion but against the death penalty?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I was reading about a guy who just burnt a woman's body and put tape over her mouth and she was about to get Married. He was a stalker that lived in her apartment. Now this monster will get 3 hots and a cot for the rest of his life. Prison today is a joke and they have access to all kinds of entertainment. I can see if this guy had to do hard labor all day like chop blocks or dig holes but liberals would complain about that.

On the flip side, an innocent baby who can't defend itself is snuffed out and liberals want abortion on demand and things like partial birth abortion. I don't know how you can show such compassion to a murderer who rapes and burns a woman body and such a lack of compassion to a baby whose going through the process of life.

I just never understood how you square the two. Liberals must really see a Fetus as a blob of nothing. I was watching a Democrat the other day almost in tears over the death penalty but these same Democrats want abortion on demand and even partial birth abortion. How can you plead for the life of rapist murderer to basically live a good life on the tax payers dime but there's zero compassion for an innocent baby going through the process of life?
edit on 16-8-2016 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

How can a person call themself a gardener, when they pull weeds and use herbicides?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Think i get what you mean.

Firstly a murderer deserves the death penalty, a life for a life as it were,

Secondly, true a baby that has not completely formed a body or breath, is that murder? what if the parents can't afford to bring it up? do they let it live or have an abortion?

It's a hard choice on the baby part and one i hope never to have a decision on.

Don't think this clarifies anything but it's a touchy subject, not the death penalty but the abortion.
edit on 16-8-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

This discussion is about as dead as a horse can get, but I'll entertain you for a bit:

When is a fetus life? What exact moment and how did you arrive and that conclusion?

When should the rights of the mother be superseded by the rights of the child, and by what logic can one soul be valued over another?

Do you think its possible for third parties to be able to accurately determine the validity of a womans' need for an abortion? By what criteria do you think these determinations should be based?

Does Vengeance or Extreme Punishment of the perpetrator bring the mother/child back to life?

Do we as a society benefit from engaging in the same kind of behavior that we persecute (death penalty)?

Do you think its possible to ever understand a situation/person to such an extent that you can be 100% certain of the righteousness of your judgment?

And in response to your last paragraph, there are various indicative studies available that elucidate the capability of a fetus at various gestational points, and they have been used in the past to set abortion restrictions. While not a blob of 'nothing', I believe you can't also argue that a blastocyst is akin to a full human being. If you however can, then you could just as easily draw the line at the constituent elements (sperm, egg), in which case you would also require some self reflection on the very likely potential millions of 'lives' you have already intentionally ended.

...Some food for thought...

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Context maybe? Idk,. If a women is raped do you want to force her to keep the kid?

Innocent people are killed every year by the death penalty because they were falsely accused by cops or wrong identified by a witness. The death pentaly also doesn't effect crime rates and costs millions to uphold.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographicBecause only innocence should be put to death not the guilty.

I m sorry sarcasm got the best of me

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

I don't think anyone is really "for" abortion... What Pro-Choice people are "for" is CHOICE. What they're against is having the government dictate what I do with my own body.

If a person, man or woman, has something growing in their body, it should be THEIR choice (not the government's) as to what to do about it. I don't think the country should choose what a person does with their own body.

I don't like the death penalty because it does nothing to rehabilitate a person, there are innocent people on death row and it releases the criminal from living with the crime. Incarceration is more of a punishment.

Yes, the prison system in the US is in drastic need of an overhaul, because many people who are in prison probably shouldn't be, but killing them off is not an answer.

I just never understood how you square the two. Liberals must really see a Fetus as a blob of nothing.

Liberals don't think with one mind. I am 100% pro-choice and I believe life starts at conception. But that decision is for me, only! I don't expect everyone else to agree. Anyone who has had a fetus in their body thinks about it differently. It's not for me to tell people how to think of what to do with their bodies.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29
Think i get what you mean.

Firstly a murderer deserves the death penalty, a life for a life as it were,

Secondly, true a baby that has not completely formed a body or breath, is that murder? what if the parents can't afford to bring it up? do they let it live or have an abortion?

It's a hard choice on the baby part and one i hope never to have a decision on.

Don't think this clarifies anything but it's a touchy subject, not the death penalty but the abortion.

Then they show some responsibility and pass on having sex, or use protection, until they can afford to raise the possible consequences of what sex may cause. Everybody knows how a baby is made.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

In your metaphor, you would be for the death penalty but against abortion.

You kill the weeds, like killing the criminals
only to
let the innocent seedling sprout, like the innocent of the unborn

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

This discussion is about as dead as a horse can get, but I'll entertain you for a bit:

When is a fetus life? What exact moment and how did you arrive and that conclusion?

My fiance and I heard the heartbeat of our son, who will be born this week, when she was just 8 weeks pregnant.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Your question assumes that life begins at conception.

25%-60% of fertilized ovum's are aborted by God for the most trivial of reasons in the first 9 weeks.

Most often, when early, women don't even know they have had a miscarriage because it presents as a heavy period.

In contrast during the 3rd trimester a mother can and sometimes does die delivering a child.

I do believe life takes hold in the womb, but I don't presume that the point of conception is life. I believe the evidence is to the contrary.

Absent full certainty, I am comfortable affording the actual host/potential mother make the decision in the first trimester.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline

only to

Woah, woah, woah; weeds are plants too. #weedlivesmatter.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

only to

Weeds is another word for plants where you don't want them.

after all...dandelions were first imported to the US as an Asian salad green.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5they are not aborted by God. You see it is the body of the mother which is corrupted by sin that aborts.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Because I am an adult and I can do whatever the hell I want. But I am on the fence on both.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: eNumbra

only to

Weeds is another word for plants where you don't want them.

after all...dandelions were first imported to the US as an Asian salad green.

They're still quite vitamin rich per their size iirc as well.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I guess the same way God is against abortion, yet kills babies through miscarriages.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Simply put, those that favor abortion don't see a developing child as human.

Those that are against the death penalty still see the criminal as human.

That being said, I am for the death penalty because the individual made the choice to abdicate his/her rights by their actions, and I am against abortion because a persons mere simple existence should not be cause to eliminate that life.

But it is a touchy subject.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Nope. Pulling weeds, in my mind, is the same as abortion. Using herbicide is the same as the death penalty, in my mind.

There will always be a "death penalty", whether or not it's adjudicated.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Kinda speaks to the whole conservative liberal thing and the way many of us classify the "opposition". They would have us believe there are no shade of gray let alone the vibrancy of color in the world. We are sold a view that says the world is black and white when in fact that rarely exists. Break free....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join