It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you get into Heaven through numerous different religious beliefs?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
*Old song from the '60's (band unknown, sorry)...was "Everyone wants to go to Heaven...but nobody wants to die"

Guten Tag- Is this what You're referencing? Loretta Lynn also had a song but You strike Me as a "Blues Man" so I provide You, the "other Me" with one of thee best to strum from the Southside- Albert King.. Enjoy!

www.youtube.com...

namaste

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bubba1020

this is how you get to heaven.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

If heaven = the presence of God and hell = the absence of God and we can each and all experience both these in our own hearts, then yes, people of faiths other than Christianity can and will enter heaven.

Scripture recounts Jesus saying there will be many that call after him 'lord, lord' and he will respond, 'I never knew you' and there will be those that never heard of him that heaven will embrace.

So, getting into heaven is not about words but about attitude.

Being a Christian in name only is not the way.

Jesus exhorted his followers to take up their crosses. The cross represents self sacrifice. True faith is abnegation of the self for the betterment of others. It is the narrow gate and the hard path because until one deals with one's own ego, it is impossible to achieve.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I think yes. In fact, I dare say the answer has to be yes or the vast majority of people are screwed. If there's only one way to get into Heaven, who's to say that any of our current ways is that sole correct way? In other words, the "correct" path to Heaven may have been lost a long time ago and we're all following frauds right now. After all, none of us was around during the days of the Prophets so there's no guarantee that any of our "scriptures" are even the real deal.

I actually think the main "path" to Heaven is based on really simple concepts, like honoring & respecting God, rejecting negativity & doing no harm, embracing positivity while doing good deeds, helping and respecting God's Creations (including other humans & Nature), trying to prove ourselves to God, worshiping God alone, etc. Even something as simple as rejecting the "7 Sins" & personifying the "7 Virtues" can be a major help.

Luckily, 2 of our names for "God" translate into "The Beneficent" and "The Merciful", and we believe He is incredibly forgiving and merciful to His Creations. So I think that as long as people follow those basics that I alluded to, they're still on the correct "path", regardless of which religion they identify with. And on the other hand, I highly doubt someone will get into Heaven if they intentionally reject those basics I alluded to, even if they consider themselves "believers". As in, how can someone expect to get into Heaven if they intentionally destroy God's Creations?

You hit the nail on the head, and yes, I appreciate people's opinions on this discussion, and that is why I placed it in question form. As to what I think I will be doing in Heaven, I will be living in peace. Also it could be the same Heaven as other beliefs, and maybe not. We all will find out one day, but no-one can know %100 until we leaves these bodies behind.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

originally posted by: Bubba1020
Before I start, I would like to make clear that I am Christian, and I have no doubt what-so-ever that I am going to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven when I leave this earth, but I also believe that you can still enter into Heaven even if you have a totally different belief system other than my own.

So what's the benefit then, in believing in or following Christianity if you think you can get into Heaven following another faith? And if that's not the case, and Christianity *is* correct -- why were the Egyptians wrong? Or the Romans? Or the Vikings? Or the Sumerians? What gives your religion 'authority' or being correct over others?

Arguably it doesn't. Because, none of them are right. It's man made -- a set of rules to fit the society at the time and as society evolves, so do the 'myths' to fit the cultures and understanding of the universe.

No human can say whether or not you are going to heaven or hell.

Yet that is exactly what the religious people in positions of claimed power or the person who is the 'word of God on earth' say. They claim to know how you get into Heaven and what the conditions are. So if they cannot claim that authority, what good are they in your faith?

I suppose my disbelief in all this comes from the illogical nature of the whole thing. There are too many conditions, too many 'what-if's' and exceptional cases that it just is not logical to me. And it's in complete opposition to everything else in the universe which operates on logic and reason.

That is your opinion, and whether I agree with it or not, I still respect anyone's opinion. All I was simply stating is I have my way that I know will get me to Heaven, and I also know my brothers and sisters with different beliefs will also gain access into Heaven. Maybe it's all the same Heaven for the different types of beliefs, maybe it's not. I believe it with all of my heart and soul.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

edit on 16-8-2016 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
In other words, the "correct" path to Heaven may have been lost a long time ago and we're all following frauds right now.

At last, someone gets it.

Heaven is a myth created by man so there is no way of getting there. Nobody can tell you what happens after death and anyone who tries to is a fraud...

Hey now, that's not the point I was making. I'm saying that if there's strictly one "correct" path to Heaven, that set of teachings may not even exist anymore.

As in, if the Prophet Adam & Eve were real, God would've given them the "correct" teachings to guide their offspring. But those teachings could've been lost after a few generations. And how many religions other than Islam even claim to be following the same religion as them? And even with Islam, there were no Sunnis or Shiites when any of our thousands of Prophets were alive (more than 200,000 according to tradition). Just as there were no Catholics or Protestants during the days of the Prophet Jesus/Essa; no Reform Judaism or Rabbinical Judaism during the time of Yehuda/Judah, etc.

So if God is truly forgiving and merciful, He must be giving us a lot of leeway right now. Because virtually no one is following the "untainted"/unaltered teachings of God Himself. It's always a Prophet's teachings; the teachings of the Prophet's companions or disciples; the teachings "discovered" in long lost texts; the interpretations of various scholars, clergy, and religious officials, etc. Some "believers" even get furious if you try to tell them to worship & honor God alone, which I believe is the most important step in the "path" to Heaven.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I hope you get there & attain peace & happiness there.

If I get there, I think I'll beg God to teach me the secrets of the Universe and Creation. I want to be able to communicate with all of his Creations, from ants and bacteria to "aliens". I'd even like being a messenger of His to other civilizations throughout the Universe, or at least get to observe them (and mingle with them for a while).

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
To 1 subjectively, there are places for the sentient energies which make up The CREATOR Creation core - Eternal Soul, Spirit or Internal Energy to Exist...

Considering the laws of attraction then you basically would have inhabited regions in EXISTENCE that are Benevolent inhabited or Malevolent inhabited. These regions would involve both the phases of life and death CREATOR Creations experience as they Ascend into Higher vibration realms or into lower vibrations realms, which basically reflect their previous lives experiences. These regions would be inhabited by SOUL human energy and perceived SPIRIT alien energies. That basically lives dies and lives... Or is ETERNAL.
Also some powerful lower Ascends may manipulate potential higher or neutral realms for their own interest.

It would seem then yes could be the answer depending on perceptions held of HEAVEN.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Before I start, I would like to make clear that I am Christian, and I have no doubt what-so-ever that I am going to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven when I leave this earth, but I also believe that you can still enter into Heaven even if you have a totally different belief system other than my own. No human can say whether or not you are going to heaven or hell. That is not for myself, nor any other person to decide. That is a choice between that person and God only, no matter what name they call Him.

Are you certain you're a Christian? I haven't met many in my life who claim Christ but reject what He says. He said He was the way, the truth, and the life and that no man comes to the Father, except through Him. To think otherwise is to call Him a liar.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

In fact, I dare say the answer has to be yes or the vast majority of people are screwed.

That's what Jesus said, most are on the broad path that leads to destruction.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Ok God doesn't care what religion you wish to believe in.

Only that what you believe in is his work (not word)..We're his work/image/energy/Soul etc, you don't even need to follow his teaching's ,ie Bible, cause he knows that we will pull it apart and we have so far.

Believe what you want to believe and others will to, belief is just that, a belief, God has laid out a universe full of wisdom/knowledge and many experience's for us all to enjoy, so enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: GailNot

(2 Timothy 3:16) All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,

Notice it says "ALL SCRIPTURES"

An incomplete list of scripture from God

1. Torah
2. New Testament
3. Quran
4. Vedas/Upshands
5. The Dhammapada/Lotus Sutra and various other Buddhist scriptures.
6. Avesta
7. Egyptian Emerald Tablet
8. Plato the complete works.
9. I Ching/Tao Te Ching
10. Analects of Confusious
11. Tibetan Book of the Dead
12. Spoken tradition from Native Americans who identified with the Great Spirit or Wanna Tanka.

All of these books are considered scriptures by someone somewhere. All the scriptures say the same basic things. God's Light, the Love of God lives in you. The voice of Love is the voice of the Light and you have frreewill to follow an enlightened path.

The Bible is the total and complete Word of God. It says itself 'do not add to or take away from the Word'.

Muhammad and the Quran agree with Jesus. But many Imans have little faith and don't believe the books can be reconciled by God's messenger.

no they don't. John 3:16 acknowledges Jesus as the Son of God. koran/mohammed insist allah has no son.
that is not a minor technical difference. Jesus' divinity (and sacrifice) are the core of Christianity, OT and NT.

so the question is 'why are Christianity/Bible true and the rest false? PROVE IT!' empirically it is not provable. ultimately it is a question of faith. what do we choose to believe?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

He said He was the way, the truth, and the life and that no man comes to the Father, except through Him. To think otherwise is to call Him a liar.

No, the authors of Gospel of John claimed their truth was from John bar-Zebedee writings (John 21:24), but they provide no proof to the fact, nor do they provide any authorship information, so its clearly hearsay. Like you, they may have read from another forged Gospel of John believing it was written by bar-Zebedee.

In another Gospel its written that Jesus said "The pharisees and the scribes have taken the keys of knowledge (gnosis) and hidden them. They themselves have not entered, nor have they allowed to enter those who wish to."

So no, Jesus is not a keeper at the gate, nor is there any special people with special privileges, GOD loves all.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

There is one author of John, it's the apostle John. Written sometime around 95 AD while he was a prisoner on the isle of Patmos.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I don't think this may make sense to you at the moment, though I hope in time, the logic I present to you may be clear to you....

What I want to tell you, is that you are literally doubting your own faith by making such a question reside in your own mind.

IF the Christian God is all powerful, then there would be no question in this matter.
...yet you still ask this.

This is like asking whether a bunch of computers with different operating systems i.e., Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS, "get" into the recycle yard or not.

Your God would not be all powerful if he didn't have dominion over the future of the conscious experience of every sentient being in the universe after their passing from the mortal stage.
By the very fact that you even recognize other gods in different religions, you illegitimatize the concept of Jehovah being all powerful in the universe.

Don't think this logic will make sense to you, but I hope it does to someone reading this.

It's pretty matter of fact.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

There is always the possibility that John was suffering multiple personality disorder when he wrote John 21.24 "WE KNOW THAT HIS TESTIMONY IS TRUE" but then you'd have to explain why revelation and the gospel have totally different writing styles if they were written by the same person. Modern biblical scholars see a Greek influence in the gospels language and theology.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Hey! Thanks! I had forgotten those tunes...been awhile. The only thing wrong with anything in regards to
getting into Heaven or not...is organized religion(s).

There is no GET IN FREE pass automatically from any organized faith. Most refuse to understand that. Thats why there are religious war.s..one against the others(s).

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Before I start, I would like to make clear that I am Christian, and I have no doubt what-so-ever that I am going to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven when I leave this earth, but I also believe that you can still enter into Heaven even if you have a totally different belief system other than my own. No human can say whether or not you are going to heaven or hell. That is not for myself, nor any other person to decide. That is a choice between that person and God only, no matter what name they call Him.

You are a rarity amongst the faithful.

Someone who believes in their own faith without it canceling the validity of the faith of others.

Good to see it!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

There is always the possibility that John was suffering multiple personality disorder when he wrote John 21.24 "WE KNOW THAT HIS TESTIMONY IS TRUE" but then you'd have to explain why revelation and the gospel have totally different writing styles if they were written by the same person. Modern biblical scholars see a Greek influence in the gospels language and theology.

That is because it's a Hellenistic form of Judaism and written by Greeks. I am not a scholar but I noticed that the New Testament was a Greek influenced form of a Jewish religion and a Jewish Messiah.

I would not doubt it if Rome took a story from a small but growing Jewish Messianic religion and adapted it to suit the Romans taste.

It's actually pretty obvious because their has never been found an Aramaic New Testament written by Jews, if ever they exist it is rendered "Apocryphal" but truth be told the Apocryphal texts are more reflective of the original beliefs pre-Nicea.

There is probably 3 times the amount of Apocrypha than Canon which tells me Christianity hates books.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join