It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you get into Heaven through numerous different religious beliefs?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
That's your belief a reply to: Peeple

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JasonG559

Think about it, Joseph for example, "no not my son the son of god"*haha *wink wink.
Noah got 950 (!!!) years old. That's not normal!
The fallen angel invasion. Raping and pillaging their way through the settlememts.
Elvis... maybe Elvis comes back?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JasonG559
Never heard of Elijah or Enoch I take it they both ascended before Christ in linear time seeing as Jesus was there from the foundation of the earth he came he conquered death hell and the grave a and he returned to heaven now we're waiting on the second advent only a reply to: GailNot

Nowhere is it said that Enoch was raised to spirit life in heaven.

And Elijah was taken away in the fiery chariots in the sky. Later on he was later seen prophesying on earth. If you read scripture you would know that. I have references if you want.

But yet I know them. And still all you stated, while irrelevant does not negate the words of truth I quoted found in the Holy Scriptures.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bubba1020
Before I start, I would like to make clear that I am Christian, and I have no doubt what-so-ever that I am going to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven when I leave this earth, but I also believe that you can still enter into Heaven even if you have a totally different belief system other than my own.

So what's the benefit then, in believing in or following Christianity if you think you can get into Heaven following another faith? And if that's not the case, and Christianity *is* correct -- why were the Egyptians wrong? Or the Romans? Or the Vikings? Or the Sumerians? What gives your religion 'authority' or being correct over others?

Arguably it doesn't. Because, none of them are right. It's man made -- a set of rules to fit the society at the time and as society evolves, so do the 'myths' to fit the cultures and understanding of the universe.

No human can say whether or not you are going to heaven or hell.

Yet that is exactly what the religious people in positions of claimed power or the person who is the 'word of God on earth' say. They claim to know how you get into Heaven and what the conditions are. So if they cannot claim that authority, what good are they in your faith?

I suppose my disbelief in all this comes from the illogical nature of the whole thing. There are too many conditions, too many 'what-if's' and exceptional cases that it just is not logical to me. And it's in complete opposition to everything else in the universe which operates on logic and reason.

edit on 16-8-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

originally posted by: Bubba1020
Before I start, I would like to make clear that I am Christian, and I have no doubt what-so-ever that I am going to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven when I leave this earth, but I also believe that you can still enter into Heaven even if you have a totally different belief system other than my own.

So what's the benefit then, in believing in or following Christianity if you think you can get into Heaven following another faith? And if that's not the case, and Christianity *is* correct -- why were the Egyptians wrong? Or the Romans? Or the Vikings? Or the Sumerians? What gives your religion 'authority' or being correct over others?

Arguably it doesn't. Because, none of them are right. It's man made -- a set of rules to fit the society at the time and as society evolves, so do the 'myths' to fit the cultures and understanding of the universe.

No human can say whether or not you are going to heaven or hell.

Yet that is exactly what the religious people in positions of claimed power or the person who is the 'word of God on earth' say. They claim to know how you get into Heaven and what the conditions are. So if they cannot claim that authority, what good are they in your faith?

I suppose my disbelief in all this comes from the illogical nature of the whole thing. There are too many conditions, too many 'what-if's' and exceptional cases that it just is not logical to me. And it's in complete opposition to everything else in the universe which operates on logic and reason.

What anyone says matters little, if at all. What really matters is what Holy Scripture states, as it is inspired of God.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Fair enough I wasn't trying to bash you and there are Atleast three heavens are there not and jesus the only person to enter the third the first two one is the air where birds are and the second outer space I don't know where Enoch is or Elijah for that matter brother but you are correct a reply to: GailNot

edit on 16-8-2016 by JasonG559 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Fair enough I wasn't trying to bash you and there are Atleast three heavens are there not and jesus the only person to enter the third the first two one is the air where birds are and the second outer space I don't know where Enoch is or Elijah for that matter brother but you are correct a reply to: GailNot

Yes three heavens. Look, the sky is heaven. The universe is the heavens, and the spirit real above all of this the is third heavens. It's quite simple really.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I agree with you brother I joined ars for this thread I'm glad I did
What do you think about the Mandela effect a reply to: GailNot

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I agree with you brother I joined ars for this thread I'm glad I did
What do you think about the Mandela effect a reply to: GailNot

It is nonsense. Time is our sense of energy in motion. Energy has always existed because God has always existed and is the source of all energy. And time will always exist, because God will always exist. As well as our universe. Because he said it will be so.

Since time is merely our understanding of energy in motion it only moves forward. Time travel is not possible. It is not.

If something else is behind the Mandela Effect, I don't know. I have not much information on it. But I suspect that if there is something going on it is sinister in nature.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
It's CERN the modern Tower of Babel and it doesn't have to do with time travel at all really a reply to: GailNot

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

It's CERN the modern Tower of Babel and it doesn't have to do with time travel at all really a reply to: GailNot

Did you see the human/mock sacrifice video done at CERN, it was posted here not too long ago (here meaning ATS.)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

B's sorry but no god doesn't have a religion.
Just be as good as you can and any decent god will let you in.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: GailNot

God is creation, is development, not attached to here and now.
The devil is fixation, stagnation, death.

Sorry if what you say is hilarious to me.
To give it some background, there is prove a lot of documents are forged. Sometimes on purpose, sometimes not, but it's all that persons at that point in time looking at things glasses of bias. Check out how the habsburger came to their power! Because of a forged document, he showed to Barbarossa, if I remember correct.
There are rumours hundreds of years in the middle ages are forged. Entirely, welcome to something around 1739.
And with the bible we know it got edited, rewritten, hundreds of times.
So thanks for the laugh!

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

B's sorry but no god doesn't have a religion.
Just be as good as you can and any decent god will let you in.

God is God. The worship of him is religion. If you don't worship him the way he requires then your worship is false. That's pretty simple and very understandable isn't it? Basically all religion except the one that is acceptable is false religion. And God is the one that tells you, not you yourself.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

God is creation, is development, not attached to here and now.
The devil is fixation, stagnation, death.

Sorry if what you say is hilarious to me.
To give it some background, there is prove a lot of documents are forged. Sometimes on purpose, sometimes not, but it's all that persons at that point in time looking at things glasses of bias. Check out how the habsburger came to their power! Because of a forged document, he showed to Barbarossa, if I remember correct.
There are rumours hundreds of years in the middle ages are forged. Entirely, welcome to something around 1739.
And with the bible we know it got edited, rewritten, hundreds of times.
So thanks for the laugh!

God never had a beginning He is not creation. He was not created. You do not have to be sorry to me about your understanding. Who am I? God is the one that sees all things.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

You do realise that was an answer to your only the scripture is right statement?
Your opinion about my facts is irrelevant from the start. You're glaringly wrong.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: GailNot
What anyone says matters little, if at all. What really matters is what Holy Scripture states, as it is inspired of God.

But that was written by people... by man. Holy Scripture is just someone's writings which were 'deemed' Holy at some point.

Not God. God or Jesus or Shiva or Allah or whoever, did not write anything on scrolls or parchment. Or if they instructed someone, or multiple someones, then who is right as these scriptures are different in each religion.

if you're referring to Christianity -- then what makes your scriptures more valid over another religion?

So - yes, it does matter if you believe in this stuff because it WAS written by man

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

You do realise that was an answer to your only the scripture is right statement?
Your opinion about my facts is irrelevant from the start. You're glaringly wrong.

I myself may be wrong about many things. Just as you may be. In fact it would be more correct to say: we are wrong. You are just as wrong as I am.

But Holy Scripture is not wrong. it is infallible and inspired of God. So instead of focusing on me or thinking of yourself as correct, compare your thinking and teaching with Scripture. For that is truth.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

No ï worship god but no religion is needed.
God told me so.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

originally posted by: GailNot

But that was written by people... by man. Holy Scripture is just someone's writings which were 'deemed' Holy at some point.

Not God. God or Jesus or Shiva or Allah or whoever, did not write anything on scrolls or parchment. Or if they instructed someone, or multiple someones, then who is right as these scriptures are different in each religion.

if you're referring to Christianity -- then what makes your scriptures more valid over another religion?

So - yes, it does matter if you believe in this stuff because it WAS written by man

God's word is Holy because he inspired it:

(2 Timothy 3:16) All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,

Never is Holy Scripture merely mans word, but God's spirit, which is holy, inspired his faithful followers to write what is truth:

(2 Peter 1:20, 21) . . .For you know this first, that no prophecy of Scripture springs from any private interpretation. 21 For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were moved by holy spirit.

Holy Scripture never pretends to be man's word, but always claims to be God's word. And God shows that it is so.

(Micah 1:1) The word of Jehovah that came to Miʹcah of Moʹresh·eth, in the days of Joʹtham, Aʹhaz, and Hez·e·kiʹah, kings of Judah, and that he received in a vision concerning Sa·marʹi·a and Jerusalem

(Haggai 1:1) In the second year of King Da·riʹus, in the sixth month, on the first day of the month, the word of Jehovah came through Hagʹgai the prophet to Ze·rubʹba·bel son of She·alʹti·el, the governor of Judah, and to Joshua son of Je·hozʹa·dak, the high priest, saying:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join