It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA to NOT Reschedule Marijuana

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

No. I'm saying that when individuals succumb to mental illness, those who most care from them will suffer. Would you deny this?

Now, if you care listen to letsome's story, then you can come back to this thread and apologize. I don't care for one, but you could do it to him.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: wantsome

[...] as long as no one else is harmed by what an individual chooses to do, let freedom reign.

Tell that to all the individuals who care for him. You don't imagine they would be harmed by his psychological condition?

Sorry, I just had to. It obviously harms more than the individual.

And prison doesnt do more harm?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Oh god, do I really have to keep responding to idiotic posts that have nothing to do with my stance?

What a huge derp, man. You don't have a clue what I'm actually saying.

What the hell does prison have to do with my posts?

God damned, I'm out of this thread.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I have no idea about any of that.

I just know that my dealer at one point (before I got a better one that got his through fedex) bought the medicinal pot from someone who sold that and coke and drove and Audi A6. That's all. I know about the psychopharmacological aspect of meth and the like, but nothing besides that. Nor would I want to know more, as I view such things as awful and sad things that I can do nothing about.

And yes, that's exactly why it's so expensive. It's also expensive at dispensaries, though. I paid dispensary price because that's where it came from lol

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Um, you can't blame pot for causing mental illness. It might trigger it in RARE situations, but other than that what you're saying is unfounded and not backed by any empirical evidence. Mental illness is a biopsychosocial issue. Not caused by one thing. I study psychology. Nice try, buddy.

Fact is, besides acid, pot is the safest drug there is.

Alcohol, by contrast, is the most deadly and the costliest to society as a whole across the globe.
edit on 11-8-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I believe mj had a lot to do with my medical condition. But I'm not going to debate it with people here. I've come to my own conclusions on the drug from first had experience. I've known enough mj smokers in my life to know the stuff isn't harmless. MJ smokers will say anything to push their agenda for legalization. Just because no ones ever died of an overdose doesn't mean the drug doesn't have psychological consequences. MJ is a serious mind alter substance.

Anything can be abused.

I have a muscle/nerve issue. Hate the prescription meds I've been prescribed.

I've resisted it, but one hit and my muscles relax enough for me to sleep normally.

Can't say I enjoy it, but not sleeping is worse.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Or they just sell the stuff to cover the expenses....

Your rational is off.

I know plenty of people who are extremely intelligent, great workers that will wait tables instead of getting a 'real job' because the refuse to per in a cup to simply get employed.

Drug tests blatantly discriminate cannabis users, even infrequent users because of how long it is detectable. Many co caine users have no problem passing a drug test because it is out of a person's system in days.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: crazyewok

Oh god, do I really have to keep responding to idiotic posts that have nothing to do with my stance?

What a huge derp, man. You don't have a clue what I'm actually saying.

What the hell does prison have to do with my posts?

God damned, I'm out of this thread.

And your a derp for not making the conection.

Keeping cannbis illegal on the user ends results in criminal records,fines and prison that are more harm than anything cannbis does.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Yepp. Stick to alcohol for stress relief and opiates for pain if you want to keep your job.

Remember the Dish case in Colorado? A guy with severe disability (quadriplegic) and
chronic pain was prescribed medical marijuana in the state of CO. He failed a random
UA (completely unethical btw) with his company Dish Network. Never smoked on the
job or before work - facts that Dish did not contest. Despite that they fired him.
He attempted to take it to court and the CO supreme court ruled no protection.

That's an interesting case. I decided to read this case you mentioned.
Brandon Coats vs Dish Network LLC

After losing a year from my life trying to read through
the impenetrable legalese, this appears to be the
Colorado Supreme Courts decision.

"In a split decision the majority of the court
of appeals held that Coats did not state a
claim for relief because medical marijuana
use, which is prohibited by federal law, is
not a “lawful activity”

Which makes no sense to me, since under State Law it's
considered lawful to use. I think these judges realized it
was easier to dismiss Mr Coat's complaint, than deal with
the repercussions of an award of judgment.

State legislators would have been bum rushed to
change statutes for Businesses, and Business Insurance.

The thought of a quadriplegic trying to
work is inspirational.

edit on 8/11/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Slave2theTruth
This does suck, but they are allowing for more research into the plant. Why that doesn't mean it can't be Schedule 2 is beyond me, but it's not like the situation is EXACTLY the same as it was before.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is pure self preservation on the 3 letter agencies part..waaaay too much money in the drug prohibition biz.
Shameful sh#t, it's a war against people.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Slave2theTruth
This does suck, but they are allowing for more research into the plant. Why that doesn't mean it can't be Schedule 2 is beyond me, but it's not like the situation is EXACTLY the same as it was before.

Keeping it illegal is big business.

Caring for hurting people is not a priority.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slave2theTruth
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Its not the money that's made on illegal pot, its the money made on legal prescription drugs they push. What would happen to the market for Xanax if marijuana were legal?

The only truth that gets 'truthier' than this?

Jesus is the son of God.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
Maybe "Big Beer" but as a craft brewer myself and everyone else I know in the industry is pro cannabis.

As far as potheads being annoying I find video gamers over the age of 25 annoying but I'd be a real d!ck if I thought making it illegal was a good idea.

a reply to: whyamIhere

Your post is obnoxious. Who do you think makes games, 10 year olds? I guess switching from snail mail to digital communication is about as ludicrous as one going from family board games into the digital age too. I view fame development as a modern equivalent as works of art involving many pieces vastly more complex then those of Leo, berninni, or Mikey to name a few. A lot of highly skilled artists and musicians and computer wizards create games that took them a life time of competition to have the opportunity to sink or swim. I guess those after 25 that still read comic books and dont smoke weed are also obnoxious too?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
I think the issue is a bit more nuanced than that, though I do agree that money and insidious interests are at play here. But there is more going on here. For one you have an organization that has been fighting against marijuana use since it was created all of a sudden saying they were wrong. Naturally there is resistance there (this is why I disagree with letting the DEA oversee the rescheduling process). Plus you also have the fools who want to "take it slow" and do things in piecemeal.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
My post was a response to an a above poster
Who said that anyone who uses cannabis regularly and is over age of 25 is annoying.

I used video games as an example of something that I do not participate in and think that "adults" could spend their time better.

You're right, I purposely made an obnoxious statement to point out the silliness of the one I was responding to..

Just because I think TV fries your brain and turns you into a zombie doesn't mean people should be prohibited or reach some age that it's not acceptable To each their own.

You stay a zombie staring at a screen while the wold passes you by, I'll stay a zombie using with my cannabis while enjoying hikes, concerts , movies, music, art...

I don't know about you but to me given the choice of zombie mode I take cannabis all day.

Also. Comic books and cannabis go great together . And probably video games too. Just not my thing. But again, I would not be glad to see it criminalized.
a reply to: Brotherman

edit on 11-8-2016 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It would open a can of worm's for them for sure. I think you are right though, there is some ego involved..I still think funding is a big one.
This bullsh#t all started with Nixon.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Ill just go ahead and leave this here for those of you saying that MMJ is just for "potheads". Im not a smoker, but after watching this documentary a few years ago I fully endorse the rescheduling for medical testing, especially for patients suffering from seizures.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
They are flat out lying. As Jrod said, there is way too much money to be made with it being illegal. Sure, being legal and taxing it will make "some" money, but not nearly as much.

In addition to loads of money, it also continues to allow round up and incarceration of a lot of minorities.

Im sure thats an intended consequence of this decision too.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Why would a corrupt governmental (emphasis on mental) organization owned by corporations whose main revenue is from the pharmaceutical drug racquet allow nature's most powerful medicine, - wich could put alot of companies out of business - to be legalized? The bad guys won along time ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join