It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA to NOT Reschedule Marijuana

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well, there you have it folks. The DEA has spoken. Marijuana stays on Schedule I. It has no medical purpose. It is just like all the other Schedule I drugs such as heroin, GHB and Bath Salts.

Now coc aine is Schedule II drug (although I am stilling looking for that physician who will write me a prescription) and alcohol is totally legal (excepting some dry-counties in the southern US).

Meanwhile, a perfectly well meaning physician cannot offer to prescribe THC-related products to a chemo patient in order to reduce their nausea without risking action from the feds.

CNN Article
edit on 11-8-2016 by Slave2theTruth because: No link

edit on 11-8-2016 by Slave2theTruth because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Wow....this is beyond ridiculous.

My speculation is the plant is much too profitable for the prison industrial complex to reschedule it.

The DEA needs a serious head check.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
They are flat out lying. As Jrod said, there is way too much money to be made with it being illegal. Sure, being legal and taxing it will make "some" money, but not nearly as much.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Slave2theTruth

I wonder how that relates to places where it's legal.
It's legal here in Washington State. Many employers
have mandatory random urinalysis testing. Not
sure how people can smoke weed if it places them
at risk of losing their job.

Maybe weed is the drug of choice if one is unemployed.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
One criminal organization protecting its other affiliate criminal organizations. 'Murica

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I wonder who got paid, by whom, and how much...

This is beyond ridiculous. It's pathetic

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Lol.

What. A.Joke.

I'm so angry I could spit.

Seriously though. MJ prohibition is the root of most of our societal inequality.. The reason so many blacks are in jail, people distrust cops, distrust medical industry... We are blatantly being denied a God Given right to one of the most perfect plants in creation ... And folks care about Melania Trumps plagiarized tits. Insane.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Its not the money that's made on illegal pot, its the money made on legal prescription drugs they push. What would happen to the market for Xanax if marijuana were legal?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

While I don't agree with this determination, if I had to I could find a silver lining for myself....

I find potheads over the age of, say, 25 to be completely obnoxious. So, too bad stoners.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Big Booze wins again.

I can't have a flower that grows naturally on a plant.

Yet, they can take fruit and process it.

More payoffs from the Beer the call America.

Pukes...

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

A very large demographic that encompasses all the religions, skin colours and political slants have a very similar philosophy when it comes to this very very unique plant.

This could prove to be the mother of all ace cards, and I'd bet many many folks would vote for [insert enemies name] if they guaranteed decriminalization as the first order of business.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Maybe "Big Beer" but as a craft brewer myself and everyone else I know in the industry is pro cannabis.

As far as potheads being annoying I find video gamers over the age of 25 annoying but I'd be a real d!ck if I thought making it illegal was a good idea.

a reply to: whyamIhere

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Everything should be legalized. Not just marijuana, and not just for medical use.

Imagine, the cartels and street dealers put out of business overnight.

Then we could use all the money we save by closing the DEA and clearing out the prisons to pay off a portion of our debts.

Ask yourselves, why did they need to amend the Constitution to ban booze but yet this doesn't apply to other substances you put in your body?

Because they don't actually have the proper Powers delegated to make these choices for you perhaps?

End Prohibition.

link   
I have some choice words for the DEA and not a single one of them is polite.

-Alee

link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

Yepp. Stick to alcohol for stress relief and opiates for pain if you want to keep your job.

Remember the Dish case in Colorado? A guy with severe disability (quadriplegic) and chronic pain was prescribed medical marijuana in the state of CO. He failed a random UA (completely unethical btw) with his company Dish Network. Never smoked on the job or before work - facts that Dish did not contest. Despite that they fired him. He attempted to take it to court and the CO supreme court ruled no protection.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

While I don't agree with this determination, if I had to I could find a silver lining for myself....

I find potheads over the age of, say, 25 to be completely obnoxious. So, too bad stoners.

Why do they bother you so much that you find them obnoxious , have a bad run in maybe , got to the twinkies to late on one occasion

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Heres my thoughts on mj.

ed it on 11-8-2016 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
So who got bribed?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

I know and appreciate your stance, and fully understand why you feel this way, because of your experience with it in the past and that you also have a medical condition which amplifies the effects making it very unpleasant.

I fully understand this.

It is not a bad thing, and to a much much lesser extent I can only give a comparison of such reactions to folks who cannot consume shellfish, equally if not more so deadly.

+27 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Heres my thoughts on mj.

So you're saying it turns a smart person in to a genius?? Ya, I agree.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join