It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA to NOT Reschedule Marijuana

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: wantsome
Heres my thoughts on mj.

So you're saying it turns a smart person in to a genius?? Ya, I agree.

No, it only applies to smart billions...

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Here the thing.

Its harmful for you.

Same way as your schizophrenia would likely be bad for me if i abused them.

But cannbis is very effect for treating certain conditions.

To deny a doctor to prescribe a useful medication is flat out wrong.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I believe mj had a lot to do with my medical condition. But I'm not going to debate it with people here. I've come to my own conclusions on the drug from first had experience. I've known enough mj smokers in my life to know the stuff isn't harmless. MJ smokers will say anything to push their agenda for legalization. Just because no ones ever died of an overdose doesn't mean the drug doesn't have psychological consequences. MJ is a serious mind alter substance.
edit on 11-8-2016 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Wow. Newsflash enough arses in society already as well. Silly meme. Guess blue meth is your thing.

Ah well - it will be rescheduled soon enough with Hillary being our next president and all. They just need more time to work out the kinks on how they are going monopolize it. Country wide medical will be first, along with a ban on homegrown. Cannot make your own Xanax afterall can you?

Then once they have GM'ed the hell out of it even more so, corporations patented it all, and removed seeds from the equation, tax it 300%, and ran the bribes from big tobacco and beer dry - then they will full blown legalize it.

The biggest kink will be filling the prisons still. Itll happen with new laws on things you cannot even imagine. The government tackles all issues eventually while remaining on top. Just takes time.

Yes that is their logic.
edit on 11-8-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Meant more as of a visual representation.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

All drugs have consequences if you abuse them.

But under a medical setting it should be left to a doctors prerogative to determine what he prescribes.

If yours on a heavy dose of chemo cannbis is the least of your worrys, especially if it helps relieve the side effects.

Leave medicine to doctors not law enforcement.
edit on 11-8-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Again, I appreciate your opinion and why you think the way you do about this subject matter, I've read your testimony a few times on various boards and you know what, you won't get an argument out of me. I respect your stance on it - to each their own, as long as no one else is harmed by what an individual chooses to do, let freedom reign.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

I believe mj had a lot to do with my medical condition. But I'm not going to debate it with people here. I've come to my own conclusions on the drug from first had experience. I've know enough mj smokers in my life to know the stuff isn't harmless. MJ smokers will say anything to push their agenda for legalization. Just because no ones ever died of an overdose doesn't mean the drug doesn't have psychological consequences. MJ is a serious mind alter substance.

So is whisky with me , i know which i would rather have on a daily basis or not as i see fit to use , i get what you are saying about M/J and agree with you it is not for everybody but alcohol is just as bad for some people and can turn a nice person into a monster pretty quickly

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Wikileaks revealed in the DNC email leak that it is Big Alcohol that is against the legalization of marijuana.

It would reduce their sales by a lot I am sure, which is why they are afraid and lobbying against it.

One message sent to DNC Finance Director Jordon Kaplan shows that the alcohol industry is spending money to get members of Congress to pay attention to marijuana-impaired driving.

You can read more here.
edit on 11-8-2016 by primespickle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
Maybe "Big Beer" but as a craft brewer myself and everyone else I know in the industry is pro cannabis.

As far as potheads being annoying I find video gamers over the age of 25 annoying but I'd be a real d!ck if I thought making it illegal was a good idea.

a reply to: whyamIhere

I used to own a bar. No hate for booze here.

It's about Freedom, yours and mine.

Also, it was Anhieser/Busch and Coors who don't want the flower legal.

Not Craft Brewers...

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Oh it's so funny listening to all the potheads on ATS defend their precious.

Definitely has medicinal purposes, shouldn't be schedule 1, but it's also harmful to many out there.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Slave2theTruth

Apparently, crimes and fines pay better than taxes.... I would love for them to tell me it doesn't have any medical properties, as a person with severe Crohn's, I know for a fact that it helps... Sad how backwards our Govt is...

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I thought the DEA enforced drug laws, and the FDA approved / disapproved drugs available to the public.
Why does the drug enforcement agency get to decide what's medically acceptable / appropriate? This sounds like an out of control federal agency overstepping it's bounds - you enforce the laws, not make them.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

Many employers for what kinds of jobs? Not good ones, I'd wager. Also, you do know that weed is expensive, right? Like, the most-expensive other than coc aine by weight. That's why in Chicago so many dealers would deal both and drive Audis. Just saying.

The only job that forced me to take a drug test was the one job I lasted one day at before quitting because it was so idiotic. Unless you injure yourself on the job, there's no reason to make people take random urinalysis. That's just flat-out dehumanizing.

--Although, you'd have to be a pretty stupid pothead to not pass a urine screen lol

Oooh or is it cheek swab? My good friend just passed one of those and he smoked right before going to the test lol

My bet is that people who don't get jobs because of drug screens were doing a whole heck of a lot more drugs than pot. Or, they were smoking so much pot that they must be rich/have a lot of cash to be able to afford the amount they'd need to test dirty. Logic=OP

edit on 11-8-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
Oh it's so funny listening to all the potheads on ATS defend their precious.

Definitely has medicinal purposes, shouldn't be schedule 1, but it's also harmful to many out there.

How do you explain the fact that I fully endorse this plant and have not potheaded in at least 25 years and am in fact responsible for administering D&A tests?

Or am I still suffering from residual effects?

Just because you disagree with it, does not make it wrong.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

[...] as long as no one else is harmed by what an individual chooses to do, let freedom reign.

Tell that to all the individuals who care for him. You don't imagine they would be harmed by his psychological condition?

Sorry, I just had to. It obviously harms more than the individual.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

There's nothing to explain, though I find it humorous you believe that.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Slave2theTruth

Shouldn't Malia Obama be charged for her smoking a joint in public?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

I'm pretty sure L S D is the most expensive by weight, given 1 dose is about 100 micrograms....

Also pure meth I believe sells for more per gram than co caine....

Not exactly sure where your numbers come from.

The only reason cannabis is so expensive is because of prohibition.....the high price tag makes it profitable for drug dealers.

I seriously question the DEA's motives. They are enabling this plant to be highly profitable on the black market.
edit on 11-8-2016 by jrod because: Quirk

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

So you're trying to tell me that pot hurts other peoples' safe spaces?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join