It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, Time Travel or Alternate Dimension....What Is This.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Quick answers to some of the things put forth (sorry, had to step out for a bit):

Not an uncle. I have one, and to see what he looks like, scroll back to the OP and look at the family pictures that has all the little kids in it (my 3 oldest, and my sisters two oldest). The bald guy with the white beard? That's my uncle, my father's brother. We don't really look alike.

I've never owned a shirt like that.

This was in the commander's home. The other guys that you see in the pictures are friends, not servers, etc.

I don't remember doing any time traveling. heh.

Again, I'm not claiming I did......I'm pretty sure if my dad or mom were still alive, they would say "Oh that was so and so! Don't you remember him?" and then I would.

However........they are not alive to do that...and while I'm pretty sure it is just another guest who avoided the camera that I don't remember.......it still creeped me the heck out!

And I thought you all would like to chat about something that didn't involve Trump, Hilary, BRExit, or many other rather political things.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Very few parts of the body do not change as we age. Yes, some droop, as does the tip of the nose, but the nose doen't grow. Nor do ears...the inside of the ear, the opening, never changes and is, therefore a good way to positively I.D. . Also, the distance between the eyes remains constant.

Look at the ear...

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I'm not big on paranormal stuff although I don't automatically discount it.

But, one of the weirdest things I remember from years ago was the "ghost" boy in the movie, Three Men and a Baby. Supposedly the house in which the movie was filmed had been the residence of a family whose 11-year old son had shot himself.

In the movie, there is a scene where this "ghost" boy was visible and there was quite a discussion about it years later.
Here is the scene:

Maybe your "ghost" man had a connection to the house or facility where your parents had their event.

edit on 8-8-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

Yes i believe it was called Project Almanac.

Now there's an interesting theory, i like it. Future Eric goes back to see his parents, incognito! Yeah lol the shock i kinda noticed that too, like, oh crap i've ripped a hole in time now, it's on film!!!

ha i've always thought about what i'd do if i met my parents as an adult, back in time like that. Would be really weird.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Would you be able to get someone to take a picture of you from the same angle as the guy in the OP photo and upload it?

That would probably be the best way to see how definitive the similarities are...

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Don't know if that would work too well. Take a look at my avie. That's what I look like now at almost 50.

I seem to have gained......just a little bit of weight....and some wrinkles.....

....just a little bit mind you....

edit on 8/8/2016 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

No offense (to 'either of you'), but the guy in the OP photo is no super model -

- I don't think you look that much bigger than he, given the way his face is angled...
edit on 8-8-2016 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I like the .gif too.

And as for ME: Nope. Sorry. Not going there.

Y'all can if you want.

Personally, I'll believe that some how I had a dream about this when I was older (the wedding) and somehow I had a OOBE that time traveled and was caught on camera.....before I say this was ME, hehehehe.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Well let me see if I can dig up a pic then and post it.

That's IF the kittens will get off my back they are climbing right now. OFF! OFF!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The photo is so grainy and you can't see enough features of this person's face..

How could you come to any conclusion other than one based on intuition? Which is what most claims are based on..

I for one listen to my gut feeling. Usually that sort of reasoning doesn't go over well here.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Well lets look at it this way: You didn't need to travel back in time (the you that is questioning this that is), if a pyridoxal version of you did go back in time and do whatever it was. Now that's not to say that that this is you or not, but rather just to point out that if a version of you went back in time and say did something that would have prevented you from traveling back in time, then you could have a photo of this version of you.

On the other hand it might be best to ask others that were there if they remember who this mystery person is (mind you without saying anything about this person looking like an older but currently younger version of yourself)

I hate time travel (not that I ever did any that I can remember) it's just so complicated trying to explain how a paradox can leave evidence of an alternative time line while never existing in the current time line.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Problem is: I spend more time behind the camera than in front of it. Heck, I'm the one that took the wedding pics.

Here is a screen shot from one of my LPs I did with my son Josh:

see, most times when I am in front of the camera, I'm cutting up:

Yah...that's me in the Santa suit....

Here's another one where I'm not cutting up:

But again, these are all of me over the last couple of years in my late 40's going on 50.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

The photo is so grainy and you can't see enough features of this person's face..

How could you come to any conclusion other than one based on intuition? Which is what most claims are based on..

I for one listen to my gut feeling. Usually that sort of reasoning doesn't go over well here.

Because: speculation threads are fun! I know....I've spent my share of debunking 2012 threads, hehehehehe.

While I am more than convinced that this was just someone I forgot who at that distance, angle and lighting happens to sort of look like me when I was in my late 20's to early 30's.........it's still a heck of a lot better than going:

Trump!
Hillary!
Trump!
Hillary!
Trump!
Hillary!

I'm so sick of seeing nothing but that on ATS I'm ready to puke.....

So why not jibber jabber about something else? Even if it's most likely nothing?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It looks like your eyes are blue?

I believe the 'mysterious stranger' has brown eyes...and smaller ears...

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Green.

My oldest daughter has brown ones.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Eh it wasn't a criticism.

I have seen people approach me and stare me down and they looked oddly like older versions of myself.

I strongly believe in intuition, especially since it's our only guide in many situations.

But come onnnnn
You can't even see the guy in the photo.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
There's two other guys in that photo, so I don't see the big deal about the third?

So the little bit you can see, looks a bit like you, maybe he's an uncle or cousin.

Have you asked your parents?
Do you know who the other two are? If so, have you asked them?

ETA: You had big ears when you were young, big ears now. The guy in the pic doesn't.

No offence intended about the big ears comment..

edit on 8/8/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I know. I agree too.

But...it made a great conversational piece, didn't it?

And it really did give me a "WTF?" moment when I examined the pic.

Still, I like to hear what people think.....listen to their views and ideas.....

just not about any presidential candidates.....I think I've had my fill of that.......

Now if I could just find a good UFO in one of my pics.........

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Parents are dead.

Only one living blood uncle, and no way he was there.

This was Bangkok, Thailand where my father was stationed back in 1981. No way any cousin or uncle flew out there to us in secret.

The other men were friends of my father and the commander, Thai nationals who worked at the JUSMAG my father was stationed at there.

It is more than likely someone that either my father or the commander knew, and the photo is just a moment in time where someone was caught at an angle that made them look like what I would end up looking like in my 30s.

What I found very amusing about this whole thing is: Normally it's me being the skeptic, hehehehehehehehe.

ETA: this was also a good excuse to post something different on the boards and chat with you all. I do love talking with you all. Just most of the topics tend to be rather........heated right now.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join