It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman punched in face after BRAGGING about shooting Trayvon Martin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

No crime was committed by shooting an armed, dangerous criminal. That's why he never went to jail.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
How this scum avoided going o jail is beyond me

The relatively broad wording of Florida's Stand Your Ground law made it extremely unlikely that Zimmerman would face a criminal penalty in the shooting of Trayvon Martin. From an informative (although rather dense) article here:

Rather than creating a new defense, “Stand Your Ground” broadens the scope of a self-defense claim by establishing a general “no duty to retreat” rule.

Prior to the enactment of the statute, a person could not use deadly force in self-defense without first using every reasonable means within his or her power to avoid the danger, including retreat.

Essentially, Zimmerman's defense just needed to show that Zimmerman reasonably believed that he was in danger of imminent death or great bodily harm in order to prove that the shooting was justified under the law.

Personally, I think the law is too broadly worded and that Zimmerman is morally guilty of murder. However, had I been on the jury, I would have had to vote not guilty, given the broad wording of the law. Of course, I would also have had to be a resident of Florida, which is never, ever going to happen...

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

No crime was committed by shooting an armed, dangerous criminal. That's why he never went to jail.

He was armed with skittles and tea. Details don't bother you much, huh? An unarmed teenager walking to his Dad's home, with a little bag of skittles and a bottle of tea. Five minutes later he was dead on the ground, gunned down by Zimmerman, after a scuffle.

"armed, dangerous criminal". Right. He was a kid.
edit on 8/8/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Cat got your tongue?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

He was armed with skittles and tea. Details don't bother you much, huh? An unarmed teenager walking to his Dad's home, with a little bag of skittles and a bottle of tea. Five minutes later he was dead on the ground, gunned down by Zimmerman, after a scuffle.

You obviously don't know the details of the case...

1) He was not at his father's home. He was at his father's "side piece" house, Brandy Green. The reason he was there was because he had been expelled from school and his "mother" kicked him out the house. I put mother in quotations, because Sabrina Fulton, who is often paraded around as his mother is only biologically the mother. Trayvon was actually raised by a woman named Alicia Stanley for most of his life up until about a year before when he moved back in with Sabrina Fulton.

2) Trayvon was a known thug in the school system. This is why he was kicked out of school and his mother sent him to be with his father. She couldn't control him. Some of his sealed juvenile records show he was a likely perpetrator of a robbery.

3) All the evidence shows that GZ was getting his ass kicked by Trayvon. He was not the little 12 year old kid in a football jersey that gets shown. He was an athletic 5'11 tall teenager vs the pudgy out of shape GZ.

4) When he was buying "skittles and tea" he was actually also buying weed and looking for ingredients to make "lean".

5) The kids death was tragic, but all the evidence points to GZ simply being a concerned homeowner who confronted a kid he didn't recognize at night in his neighborhood which had recently been burglarized. Unfortunately, the tempermental kid decided to fight and it cost him his life.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Thanks but I'm aware of ALL those details. None of them justify the murder of this teenager, and none of them justify this idiot taking it upon himself to take this boy's life.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I wish I could buy Eddie a beer!

/cyberhighfives

George Zimmerman should be ostracized by society and have a dunce cap surgically attached to his scalp.

And a forehead tattoo "---hole".

Im sorry, I am just disgusted by this idiot and his antics.

~meathead

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Thanks but I'm aware of ALL those details. None of them justify the murder of this teenager, and none of them justify this idiot taking it upon himself to take this boy's life.

The court disagreed with you.

Go get your face pounded in by 17 year old kid you don't know and then come back and let us know if you are justified in defending yourself with a firearm.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I am not going to argue the court case.
Evidence was entered, testimony given, and a conclusion reached..he got off, that's the deal and I don't like it but I ACCEPT it..

It's all of the antics and shenanigans since,that make me really dislike this idiot.

~meathead

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

WTF was he armed with?..arm's? if George would of minded his own business this would not of happened, follow me around with no authority or reason and you can expect a confrontation. Not you personally but in general.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Yeah, they also disagreed with me about O.J. Simpson and Casey Anthony.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Honestly, I am not at all surprised that this happened. He seems to like the spotlight a bit much for a guy on shaky ground already. I do love that he isn't even 'safe" with people who imagines are his natural allies. There is some poetic justice in that.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

1) He was not at his father's home. He was at his father's "side piece" house, Brandy Green. The reason he was there was because he had been expelled from school and his "mother" kicked him out the house. I put mother in quotations, because Sabrina Fulton, who is often paraded around as his mother is only biologically the mother. Trayvon was actually raised by a woman named Alicia Stanley for most of his life up until about a year before when he moved back in with Sabrina Fulton.

2) Trayvon was a known thug in the school system. This is why he was kicked out of school and his mother sent him to be with his father. She couldn't control him. Some of his sealed juvenile records show he was a likely perpetrator of a robbery.

3) All the evidence shows that GZ was getting his ass kicked by Trayvon. He was not the little 12 year old kid in a football jersey that gets shown. He was an athletic 5'11 tall teenager vs the pudgy out of shape GZ.

4) When he was buying "skittles and tea" he was actually also buying weed and looking for ingredients to make "lean".

5) The kids death was tragic, but all the evidence points to GZ simply being a concerned homeowner who confronted a kid he didn't recognize at night in his neighborhood which had recently been burglarized. Unfortunately, the tempermental kid decided to fight and it cost him his life.

1&2 have absolutely nothing to do with what happened the night the shooting took place. Let's stick with actual facts and avoid character assassinations.

3. If I'm walking home at night from a convenience store and some guy starts following me when I know I've done nothing wrong, chances are pretty high that I'm going to perceive that individual as a potential danger. Zimmerman was told by 911 dispatch to disengage as units were on their way and they would deal with it.

4. Do you have anything that supports those claims? Trayvon wasn't found with any cannabis on him after the shooting. Even if he was, it's a violation in most States, not a Capital Offense. Toxicology did show trace amounts of THC in his system. The levels show that he hadn't smoked or otherwise consumed and the day of the incident. Marijuana had nothing to do with the shooting. At all. Is there any evidence at all that the skittles and drink were going to be mixed with cough syrup or is it just an assumption?

5. Zimmerman called 911 and was told by dispatchers to disengage, officers were on their way. Zimmerman was
Following the kid from the safety of his car. He never would have been in a position to participate in a physical altercation with Martin had he stayed in his vehicle or listened to police dispatch. Zimmerman chose, of his own volition, to engage Martin. It's nowhere near simplified version of concerned home owner you're trying to paint him as. Sure,
There had been recent break ins. Zimmerman saw ablack kid he didn't recognize and assumed the worst. He then escalated events, on his own, and a kid is dead. Far more of the blame rests on the shoulders of the paranoid adult than on the dead kid IMO

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: Edumakated

1&2 have absolutely nothing to do with what happened the night the shooting took place. Let's stick with actual facts and avoid character assassinations.

3. If I'm walking home at night from a convenience store and some guy starts following me when I know I've done nothing wrong, chances are pretty high that I'm going to perceive that individual as a potential danger. Zimmerman was told by 911 dispatch to disengage as units were on their way and they would deal with it.

4. Do you have anything that supports those claims? Trayvon wasn't found with any cannabis on him after the shooting. Even if he was, it's a violation in most States, not a Capital Offense. Toxicology did show trace amounts of THC in his system. The levels show that he hadn't smoked or otherwise consumed and the day of the incident. Marijuana had nothing to do with the shooting. At all. Is there any evidence at all that the skittles and drink were going to be mixed with cough syrup or is it just an assumption?

5. Zimmerman called 911 and was told by dispatchers to disengage, officers were on their way. Zimmerman was
Following the kid from the safety of his car. He never would have been in a position to participate in a physical altercation with Martin had he stayed in his vehicle or listened to police dispatch. Zimmerman chose, of his own volition, to engage Martin. It's nowhere near simplified version of concerned home owner you're trying to paint him as. Sure,
There had been recent break ins. Zimmerman saw ablack kid he didn't recognize and assumed the worst. He then escalated events, on his own, and a kid is dead. Far more of the blame rests on the shoulders of the paranoid adult than on the dead kid IMO

1 & 2 do matter because it shows the false narrative that was put forth in the media on this case. This is why you still have people running around claiming "he was a child" and he was "at his father's home" and all the other provable false constructs.

In trying to get to the truth of the matter, the character of both victim and perpetrator are relevant in so much as it helps piece together what actually happened.

Trayvon had every right to to be there. However, George Zimmerman also had a right to inquire about someone he did't recognize. Any homeowner will do this. What should have happened is that GZ may have said something and Trayvon would have replied, I'm staying with my dad's girlfriend and that would have been the end of it. However, something obviously went off the rails at some point.

Trayvon ran from GZ and circled back to confront him. This was proven by the timeline presented in the court.

Trayvon was found with weed and lean in his system. there is also CCT footage at the store where he appeared to be trying to score cigs through straw buyers.

Zimmerman did disengage. Trayvon circled back around and confronted Zimmerman. Again, this is proven in the court case if you look at the location of the altercation and timelines presented.

As I stated, Trayvon losing his life was tragic. GZ was a Barney Fife type guy and Trayvon was a hot head. This was a case of two idiots colliding in the universe.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I swear all these people who go out of their way to to get involved in these cases are just like Zimmerman. Nosey, busy bodies whom like getting in other peoples business. So maybe the next time you're out and about getting in other people's business and you turn around and are being pummelled to death, better just die, or live G. Zimmerman's life.

What happened to: Judge and be Judged.

One was (I presume) a moment of circumstance with split second decisions an the other is a conscious act of hostility.

Get over yourself people.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: ghostrager

It's one thing to defend yourself in an attack, it's another to brag about it.

Ergo , it wasn't self defense.

How could it be, he chased Treyvon down in his car.

More like Zimmerman was stalking him, which is far more insidious, and had it not been for that, more like nothing would ever have happened.
But then, someone got to pick the charges, one of murder, while all the rest was left.
edit on 8-8-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: WintersHere

Once Phage and his giant brain are done with the saw I will send you a pm so u can get to Florida before sawing begins...

Bon Voyage

-Christosterone

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone
Yea OK, really nice. Judge and be Judged thing.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Yeah... I'm pretty sure it was cut and dry, "Kill or be Killed". Sorry to tell ya, buddy.. If someone is on top of me, beating my head in the ground, EVERYTHING prior to that instance doesn't matter. If I was after you for my suspicion it doesn't matter. At that point you're literally trying to kill me. If I have a gun on me, it's going to be used. If I didn't, my teeth would have been ripping flesh, my hands ripping eye sockets.

"But he went after him"... Yeah but that "kid" was acting suspicious. If someone in my neighborhood looked out of place, you damn sure right I would keep an eye on him myself. If I followed after and that person turned around and charged me and started beating my @$$, then it's on. If that person tried to kill me or made me fear for my life, then there is a problem and I'm not going down without doing everything possible to stay alive.

Getting your head smashed in the cement isn't a 'we fight till one gives'. That's someone trying to kill you.

You stay alive!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Ohanka

WTF was he armed with?..arm's? if George would of minded his own business this would not of happened, follow me around with no authority or reason and you can expect a confrontation. Not you personally but in general.

That's a weak argument. I don't know what you let happen in your neighborhood but in non-slum areas, people tend to be protective of their property as well as their neighbors.

Are you one of those people who watches the robbers rip off your neighbor and laughs about it or just says "none of my business"?

Remember.. that argument of yours can go both ways, but it's mute. Suspicion didn't kill anybody. Someone getting their head smashed is what got another killed. Aint it funny though... You argue about this yet you or anyone else doesn't give a damn about a random joe who gets shot in the ghetto or the projects for wearing a new pair of Jordans or simply being out side at the wrong time...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join