It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dangerous Heresy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

I have Rabbis in my family yet i would not have a problem asking them did the Hebrews worship a volcano and call it Y ahweh

ohmyvolcano.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq
a reply to: stonerwilliam

That seems plausible accept for the fact someone greater than you or I
promised to preserve it.

Preserve it, but how? Not in the pages of books used by lawyers and politicians.

Dueteronomy 30:11

For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I have Rabbis in my family yet i would not have a problem asking them did the Hebrews worship a volcano and call it Y ahweh

You could ask anyone on the planet, but unless the Spirit of God reveals spiritual
truth to you, you'd be wasting your time and just as baffled as you are now.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

That seems plausible accept for the fact someone greater than you or I
promised to preserve it.

The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. (Psa 12:6-7)

Yeah and Frankenstein was just a skin graft operation.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

You could ask anyone on the planet, but unless the Spirit of God reveals spiritual

until a neurochemical con job compels us to accept pareidolia as cosmic intellect, yes I suppose you are right.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

The only thing that baffles me is all the lies that spews forth from the mouths of people , But a farmer needs to control the flock somehow

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Amen, good thread. What I'm astonished by, is nearly every heresy that has come up in the last 2000 years is easily refuted simply by a verse or two in scripture, or quite often by Jesus himself. One example that comes to mind is the "deutero Isaiah" heresy. Jesus quotes from a verse that secular scholars say is one Isaiah, and then says "that same Isaiah also said" and then quotes a passage from Isaiah that secular scholars say is a different Isaiah.

If you already know who Jesus is, that's all the authentication you need, if you don't know who Jesus is then the least important thing in their life is whether or not there was one or two Isaiahs.

edit on 7 27 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

How very convenient that the guy responsible for writing a considerable amount of the Bible says this of his own writings!

Paul was talking about the Tenakh, when he wrote that verse there was no New Testament. As far as I can gather, the first person to realize that Paul's letters were scripture was Peter in 2nd Peter.

edit on 7 27 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

He didn't say that.....and we already know that whatever scripture he was citing in 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 isn't in the Tanakh.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

He didn't say that.....and we already know that whatever scripture he was citing in 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 isn't in the Tanakh.

Sure he was saying that, the "scripture" available to the people when Paul was writing was the Tenakh. That's what Paul was referring to. And I don't see him quoting any scriptures in 1 Cor 13:1-3, not sure what you mean about that.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

There is nothing the Tanakh "scriptures" that matches his citations from 1 Corinthians 15.

Paul wasn't teaching Judaism, he was teaching Christianity to pagans. He wasn't teaching "The Law" or trying to convert Jews to Christianity, by justifying parts of the law and throwing out parts of the law. He rejected "The Law".

edit on 27-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

So.... You talk to god huh? You must be pretty special? Heh heh..... He's told you things? Things that other people just can't understand? We should all listen to you because god let you in on the secret? Please continue. I'll grab my chair from the other religious thread you made a couple hours ago.
edit on 27-7-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

There is an old heresy from time to time that pops up and is used by the emissaries of Satan.
Since these men do not follow Christ, They know they can't attack the Son of God, so they
will seek to deconstruct the New Covenant by a fallacious attack on of the Apostles.

First and foremost, Satan along with those he influences in many such
heresies are ignorant that God has promised to preserve his saints.
There are many scriptures which teach the preservation of God's people,
I'll just post a few..

John 10:28
I Pet 1:5
Jude 1:1

But just because God has promised to preserve his saint does not mean they should
be ignorant of the enemies devices (2 Cor 2:11)

Therefore for those who may come under this attack, I'll post the key scripture
that easily refutes this heresy.

Over the years Christiandom has experienced these attacks on Christ and His apostles
James, John, Peter and Paul. But really It makes no difference which character under the Old
or New Testament these men may seek to attack - as they are not really attacking a person,
they are attacking the validity of the WORD OF GOD, and His scriptures.

Let's not forget that Satan ALWAYS follows the same modus-operadi, just as he did
in the Garden of Eden when he lied and distorted the WORD OF GOD by telling Eve -
"Thou Shalt Not Surely Die". Nothing has changed, other than the fact he uses sophisticated
devices to confuse, distort, lie and outright deny the inspired scriptures.

Satan even tried to lie and distort the WORD OF GOD with Christ, which was
incredibly stupid, since Christ knew the scriptures and simply refuted his
nonsense with the WORD OF GOD.

KEY VERSE:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction,
for instruction in righteousness. (2Tim 3:16)

Anyone that denies what's written in the scriptures is influenced by the spirit of anti-christ, and a deceiver.

I repeat, ANYONE that denies what's written in the scriptures is influenced by the spirit of anti-christ, and a deceiver.

Just be mindful these men or women will use cunning devices to confuse, distort, lie and outright deny the inspired scriptures.

I was in a Forum years ago, and one of these deceivers tried to use his title and many Theological degrees as some form
of cunning devise to confuse, distort, lie and outright deny the inspired scriptures.

Year after year you see the same ridiculous nonsense. Nothing has changed with Satan
or those that have been deluded by his many heretical teachings.

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. (Psa 2:2)

Funny how there is just this one god. Big pearly gates. Pretty cushy life after death which resembles a rich man's. Why is that I wonder? Oh that is right because rich men already have wealth and "heaven" and those materialistic pleasures are marketed even by some Christians as being godly onlyafterdeath compensation for the suffering the meek have to go through.

Meanwhile anyone with a whim to build yet another church/trading hall in His name will be the first to demand money from the meek knowing it would make life closer to hell for them.
edit on 28-7-2016 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

So.... You talk to god huh? You must be pretty special? Heh heh..... He's told you things? Things that other people just can't understand? We should all listen to you because god let you in on the secret? Please continue. I'll grab my chair from the other religious thread you made a couple hours ago.

In the Gospels there's a remarkable story about a Syrophoenician woman,
who even though she was outside the administration and rights of
God's people under the Old Covenant - she talked with the Son of God
and still received a great blessing.

If she can do it, anyone can. You'll never see me write anything to
the affect that no one can talk to the Son of God.

edit on 7/28/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

There is nothing the Tanakh "scriptures" that matches his citations from 1 Corinthians 15.

Paul wasn't teaching Judaism, he was teaching Christianity to pagans. He wasn't teaching "The Law" or trying to convert Jews to Christianity, by justifying parts of the law and throwing out parts of the law. He rejected "The Law".

I never said He was teaching the Torah or Judaism. I said at the time he was writing letters the "scriptures" he was talking about was the Tenakh, there was no such thing as a codified New Testament.

Jesus Himself taught the 2 disciples on the road to Emmaus starting with the Torah and through the prophets everything that concerned Him. In Acts chapter 8 the eunuch was reading Isaiah 53 and asked Phillip who it was speaking about and he said Jesus. The eunuch believed and was baptized into Christ.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I never said He was teaching the Torah or Judaism. I said at the time he was writing letters the "scriptures" he was talking about was the Tenakh,

Except that, there are no scriptures in the Tanakh that say what he was speaking of in 1 Corinthians 15. So, the Tanakh couldn't have been the "scripture" that he was referring to.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

remind me how many times the bible prescribes death for those who fail to observe its rules?

Once (all subsequent times are a repeat of the first time).

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Anyone that denies what's written in the scriptures is influenced by the spirit of anti-christ, and a deceiver.

I repeat, ANYONE that denies what's written in the scriptures is influenced by the spirit of anti-christ, and a deceiver.

Just be mindful these men or women will use cunning devices to confuse, distort, lie and outright deny the inspired scriptures.

You are confused, wrong, and doing a serious disservice to vulnerable people. Telling them these lies and instilling fear not only of Hell but also of people who don't believe your silly ideas.

In other words, you're full of it.
Be mindful of that. You are preaching dangerous dogma. Proselytizing is not allowed here.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

When I read crap like this I begin wishing the radical Muslims and the insane Christians would target each other and leave the rest of us out of this craziness. Maybe we could get rid of both of them. The Pope just said all religions want peace, but there surely is a lot of evidence to the contrary.

So essentially you wish these two radical groups would kill each other off.

Who in their right mind would consider such a thought as sanity?

Maybe you should ask yourself how this writing so UPSET you that it would
make you wish people would kill one another.

You simply don't know what you are, or the spirit that resides within you,
and hence why these topics make you respond with wishing death and
destruction to millions of people.

I'm impressed. Doesn't happen a lot when reading comments of people whose views I mostly disagree with (not saying I can't find things to agree with, just saying that's it's usually easier to be impressed by people you already agree with on almost every theological subject or subjects of reality relating to the existence of God).

You also mentioned:

Let's not forget that Satan ALWAYS follows the same modus-operadi, just as he did
in the Garden of Eden when he lied and distorted the WORD OF GOD by telling Eve -
"Thou Shalt Not Surely Die". Nothing has changed, other than the fact he uses sophisticated
devices to confuse, distort, lie and outright deny the inspired scriptures.

Indeed, but I'd rephrase it to not much has changed, the underlying philosophies, the root if you will stays the same. This is also the case for his lie "Thou shalt not surely die", which has now been slightly modified and promoted as:

(The myth of) the immortal soul.
The first part between (...) obviously not spelled out when it's being promoted, taught, drilled in to the minds of those who don't research the history of their beliefs about reality and in particular theological subjects (as well as those who ignore or reject what the bible says about that subject in favor of their own human philosophy shared and further popularized by ancient Pagan philosophers such as Plato and Babylonian theologians, in reverse chronological order with minor modifications along the way).

What is the origin of Christendom’s belief in an immaterial, immortal soul?

“The Christian concept of a spiritual soul created by God and infused into the body at conception to make man a living whole is the fruit of a long development in Christian philosophy. Only with Origen [died c. 254 C.E.] in the East and St. Augustine [died 430 C.E.] in the West was the soul established as a spiritual substance and a philosophical concept formed of its nature. . . . His [Augustine’s] doctrine . . . owed much (including some shortcomings) to Neoplatonism.”—New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967), Vol. XIII, pp. 452, 454.

“The concept of immortality is a product of Greek thinking, whereas the hope of a resurrection belongs to Jewish thought. . . . Following Alexander’s conquests Judaism gradually absorbed Greek concepts.”—Dictionnaire Encyclopédique de la Bible (Valence, France; 1935), edited by Alexandre Westphal, Vol. 2, p. 557.

“Immortality of the soul is a Greek notion formed in ancient mystery cults and elaborated by the philosopher Plato.”—Presbyterian Life, May 1, 1970, p. 35.

“Do we believe that there is such a thing as death? . . . Is it not the separation of soul and body? And to be dead is the completion of this; when the soul exists in herself, and is released from the body and the body is released from the soul, what is this but death? . . . And does the soul admit of death? No. Then the soul is immortal? Yes.”—Plato’s “Phaedo,” Secs. 64, 105, as published in Great Books of the Western World (1952), edited by R. M. Hutchins, Vol. 7, pp. 223, 245, 246.

“The problem of immortality, we have seen, engaged the serious attention of the Babylonian theologians. . . . Neither the people nor the leaders of religious thought ever faced the possibility of the total annihilation of what once was called into existence. Death was a passage to another kind of life.”—The Religion of Babylonia and Assyria (Boston, 1898), M. Jastrow, Jr., p. 556.

Source: Soul: Reasoning
But obviously, the sources the page above used are already in my choice of quotations above. But there's more in that link, especially what the bible says about the subject. The source that is most ignored by those promoting the myth of the immortal soul (and many other myths that are derived or dependent upon it*).

* = One Myth Leads to Another
One myth leads to another, page 1 - Above Top Secret
edit on 28-7-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I think it safe to say you set yourself up for failure with this thread.

Jesus is almost always seen as a good moral teacher by the religious and non-religous alike. Almost.

The 12 Apostles also get respect as he chose them himself.

But the ugly parts of the New Testament were written by a guy who never met Jesus and didn't get along with the 12 Apostles. Paul is not an Apostle, but a heretic himself if you compare doctrine to doctrine Christ vs Paul.

So don't be surprised that the world is figuring this out and rejecting the heresiodox religion called Christianity and embracing the Jesus words only movement.

Because most of the NT is pseudepigraphal and not "the word of 'God' anyway. Jesus isn't God and doesn't claim to be or want worship. He would not be a Christian if he were alive today he'd be a Nazarene. They don't exist anymore because of Catholicism/Christianity.

So the NT is not divine and heresy hunting is futile because we aren't stupid. Me and my 7 demonic personalities at least aren't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join