It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friendly Reminder: Donald Trump Still Hasn’t Released His Tax Returns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Im sure he will release them in due time. Not that I even give a damn. Come to think of it, I have never cared about any Candidates tax return. But he will probably just release them later.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: odzeandennz

Just a friendly reminder is all.

And I'm not criticizing. Just asking for the reasons people are willing to let this slide.

Looking forward to hearing the answers. Truly.

The last 8 years America saw a myriad of "letting things slide" without consequence or remedy on both sides, so at this point, what does it matter? Just kidding, but really, it does fit

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

The subject is a candidate for the presidency and money; if my comment is not relevant then this forum has become nothing more than a partisan censorship party.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Messiah or anti-Christ?

I'd be willing to bet a good chunk of money on which of those the vast majority of the world would pick.

Exactly. We are deep into arch-types at this point. He can be both, depends on which side we see him from. I guess that for conservatives that see Obama as the anti-Christ, then it makes sense that Trump can be their messiah. They stretched e fabric of fundy symbolism over the entire political spectrum that seems to be to the left of themselves and now cannot see another anti-Christ it their own backyard. It's a wonder.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Trump tends to stall when pushed for something, he likes to set the time and setting for important discussions or negotiations, etc. He likes to stay in control. I think they (the Dems) will look fools in the end.

And another thought . . .

He might be concerned about how the public would view his using offshore accounts for some of his companies. (I don't know he has offshore accounts for a fact, I'm just guessing) My late husband, a tax lawyer, always recommended businesses to set them up as they help protect the business when someone wants to sue for stubbing their toe kind of lawsuits.

And I've heard that Trump has had many lawsuits against him which happens in most businesses. Liability insurance helps but the grind and the time involved with dealing with it are insane. Most tax lawyers would have advised him to set up the accounts for protection. And all offshore accounts must be listed on the tax forms and tax paid on them.

Half of Congress at least have had offshore accounts until very recently when the red flag went up on them, same with him probably. So that may be part of it, the other part is him waiting for the right moment, he'll probably have a list of Democrat senators and reps who also used them for protection.

My best guess,

STM
edit on 27-7-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

They will let it slide the same way the Clinton lovers let all her ( far worse) # slide

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I've never cared about a candidate's tax returns, but I would think just publicizing his income and relative lack of taxes through creative accounting would be bad for his campaign.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

"Creative accounting", "loopholes", and other such language is actually describing something that isn't illegal. It's the white space between the walls of black ink between us and government by the people and for the people.

They are essentially the last vestiges of freedom we have left. Just those tiny spots of freedom between all that ink.

edit on 27 7 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I don't think it's a matter of legality but of what sways popular opinion.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Guess what? We dont care....we dont care one single bit. Go ahead....vote Hillary. See the nation finally pushed right off the cliff

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
He's a victim of over regulation by big government operatives.

500 000 more votes for Trump for not releasing his tax returns, right?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

By when is Trump required to release his tax statements?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
So we would be better off with Hillary then?

Again, the subject here is not Clinton.

And why are you asking me that?

Thank you for the reminder, I'm slow sometimes.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aegeus

Just a friendly reminder that Hillary Clinton doesn't even dare release her transcripts with Goldman Sachs.

Just a friendly reminder, that's all.

Just a friendly reminder, again, that the topic up for discussion here is Donald Trump and his refusal to release his tax returns.

ETA: I direct your attention to this thread here if you wish to discuss that topic.

edit on 7/27/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I think a big reason, is the fact that right now, all Dems can say is that..

"He's Racist!" "He's Misogynistic!" "He's a Xenophobe!"
"HE WON'T RELEASE HIS TAX RETURNS!"
They are shooting air-soft pellets because that is all they have.
If he released them, they might be able to find something more legitimate to hang their hat on.
All they can do right now, is lie about the type of person he is and try to convince America that not releasing your tax returns is the worst thing you can do.
Personally, I would rather have the candidate that protects his own personal information, than the one who allowed her's to be compromised.
I mean honestly, if this is the best the left can produce at this stage of the election, they should bow out now.
HE WONT RELEASE HIS TAX RETURNS!!!! lol

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Yes he did, he emailed them to Hillary, but she deleted them.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Maybe he doesn't want people to know things like this? Terror = big money, eh?

Seriously? So this audit is everlasting but when the audit never ends, we can see his returns. Mkay. Seems he is afraid of something.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

What has Hillary released....NADA!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DogMeat

What has Hillary released....NADA!

Discussion is not Hillary. And she has released her taxes, as pointed out in the OP. You can even go look at them.

Got anything substantial or even on topic to add?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join