It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Young Turks working with Youtube?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I have just come across this video, posted by The Young Turks (TYT), Of the main face Cenk Uygur getting kicked off of American Airlines and playing the victim (which maybe he wa,s maybe he was'nt).

I scrolled through ALOT of the comments and they are pretty much 90-95% Anti-TYT. Yet this is a channel with millions of subs and always possessing a majority of likes on their videos... 18k Likes - 2k Dislikes in this case.

How can there be so many hateful comments, not just on this video but many others, that completely discredit the presented popularity. Anyone who supports hilary is anti-american In my eyes anyway. She is a criminal and a liar. If she becomes president then you can say goodbye to her ever getting found guilty of the many charges and suspicions leveled at her.

So it seems Youtube is in on the democratic media control agenda aswell. And TYT Seem to be one of the main propaganda pushing platforms.

Perhaps looking into all the comments on all the videos would give a better idea but that would be massively time consuming as a solo adventure.

Once Alternative media becomes more popular than mainstream media...Does'nt alternative news just become news? Alternative news does'nt even make sense anymore in regards to internet channels and blogs as they have gained more views than MSM.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 26-7-2016 by WhatGoldStandard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WhatGoldStandard

Because that's how YouTube commenting works. Check any comment section...people post comments on YouTube mostly to be complete idiots.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I would'nt say its idiots, TYT are hardly above critisism

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

BTW, do they work with YouTube? They make a living via YouTube, so yes?

Ummmmmm, also, they do not support Clinton and are definitely not the mouthpiece for the Dem's. They are completely against corruption in politics and that's why they don't support Clinton. Breaking NEWS!! They are, well I guess were, Sanders supporters. Jill Stein they also support and they even have good things to say about Gary Johnson even though they don't see eye to eye on everything.
edit on 26-7-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
He's about done in Main Stream Media. People are just tired of the hypocrisy.

I hate the sink hole.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Exactly! YouTube's comments section are a cesspool full of trolls. I guess the OP is new to all of this?

Hey OP, feel free to visit Alex Jones, RT, CNN, FOX News, and so on, and report back on how many hateful comments you see.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

How can you be against Corruption yet be democrat. I am not saying republicians are any better but Democrats are constantly messing up and getting caught out as liars and criminals. They even harm there own supporters and candidates. To support democrats is to support corruption, They know exactly what hilary is yet she is still the face of the democrats with the support of the powers in the democratic party.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

The Alex jones channel for example usually gets arounnd 50/50 likes/dislikes. sometimes more dislikes vice versa. That is a more accurate representation. The turks on the other hand have a popularity that is'nt in line with the amount of haters. You missed my point if you think your reply makes sense.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I see the problem here, you assume too much and know too little.

First of all, I'm not a Democrat. Second of all, neither I or the TYT support Clinton.

Anything else?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I know those other channels you mentioned get heavy dislikes, I know they also get alot of hateful comments. The turks seem to be the exception getting alot of hateful comments but minimal dislikes.

So no your the one who knows to little and have missed the point entirely. Are you a troll or just unable to read my OP?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I haven't visited Jones channel in a long time but I don't recall his favorabilities ever being that good. But, given the present political climate and his association and support of Trump I could believe a lot of Trump supporters/trolls will be liking his videos.

Point is, if you judge a channels popularity by YouTube comments than you're doing it wrong. You even pointed out how many Likes the TYT video got compared to Dislikes, something like 17k to 2k, so if you wanna have a base for popularity I suppose that's the first place you should start and leave the comment section alone. Hateful trolls love to post while non hateful trolls usually just Like a video and move on. Sometimes we even forget to Like it.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Well, I dunno what to tell you except you think your small sample size provides you with a definite conclusion but it isn't reality.

Bottom line is, people on the internet can and will be very hateful and love nothing more than posting anonymously awful things. You chose a political channel, YouTubes number 1 political/news channel so did you expect the comments section to be all sunshine and kittens?

I got a feeling you may have an agenda here against the TYT. Where do you swing on the spectrum? Left, Center, Right, nowhere? Are you voting, if so for who, Trump, Clinton, Stein, or Johnson.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

So your saying to me I should just trust in the likes and dislikes instead of trying to use other information available to gather a more detailed picture of popularity? Basically your saying believe what your told to believe.

Twitter, Google, Microsoft programs, facebook are all known to be in partnership with the government (and therefore the political partys). Saying I should trust what the youtube "facts" tell me is a sign of your sheep like mentality. Should I of just trusted twitter in regards to the popularity of the #DNCLeaks Hashtag? Well if i had I would of been wrong because they made slight changes several times to influence other people and their opinions.

Don't tell me i should just trust the Likes/Dislikes and take them at face value because the truth is facts and figures are being manipulated to affect public opinion all the time.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

You know what I'm gonna tell you now? I think you're being paranoid. Look, thanks to Snowden and years of conspiracy theorists we're all aware of the Gov't collusion's with media. I dare say, most of us round here all wear our skeptic cap.

But I'm not gonna sit here and waste my time arguing with you the validity of hateful internet troll postings to judge this channels popularity.

Instead, I say yes, Like and Dislikes are definitely valid, that said I do understand some people even pay to inflate their views/likes. That doesn't mean the TYT do. If you ever bothered to actually watch and listen to what they're saying you would see that they are not apart of the corrupt establishment, they are quite the opposite. And, as I've already said, they have the most subscribers of any news/politics channel on YouTube so take that for what's it worth.

Btw, you totally ignored my question, where do you swing politically? Who do you support?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The Young Turks do a lot of their work at the Youtube Spaces at Chelsea Market. They almost always have an editing bay booked.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Your twisting my OP and ignoring the main point of this post which isnt the amount of hateful comments its the relation of these comments and the likes/dislikes presented. Some examples of this ------

Well, I dunno what to tell you except you think your small sample size provides you with a definite conclusion but it isn't reality.

My post is both an opinion and a question. This is obvious many times through the question like pose of my post. Why are you twisting this and saying I am claiming a definite conclusion. U = Troll

Bottom line is, people on the internet can and will be very hateful and love nothing more than posting anonymously awful things. You chose a political channel, YouTubes number 1 political/news channel so did you expect the comments section to be all sunshine and kittens?

Again I am well aware hateful comments, troll like comments and cynical comments are on youtube I also know these people feel strongly enough to hit the dislike button. In fact it could be argued someone who hates on a video is more likely to dislike it as they feel so strongly about said video. So again the point is hateful comments vs likes/dislikes. I am not asking why people post hateful/dislike comments so stop answering my posts as if i did.

I got a feeling you may have an agenda here against the TYT. Where do you swing on the spectrum? Left, Center, Right, nowhere? Are you voting, if so for who, Trump, Clinton, Stein, or Johnson.

I have an agenda against liars, shills and trolls. The truth is slowly becoming a myth and manipulation via lies and propaganda is becoming the new "Truth" and can be found everywhere, especially where it matters most.
Voting is a pointless endevour. Stein or Johnson will not win because they never do, It is a two party system. If given the choice between Trump and hilary I would either choose not to vote or vote trump because hilary is the most corrupt and decitful shrew I have seen in a long time. I "swing" on the side of the people as that is what I am. Politicians and government support coorperations and government, not the people. The sooner people realise their system is flawed and stacked against them the better. Throughout history we have been warned and shown the threat of an invasive government that seeks to expand its own powers, the threat this creates, yet people still ignore such things and believe we can just change the system.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

If you ever bothered to actually watch and listen to what they're saying you would see that they are not apart of the corrupt establishment, they are quite the opposite.

I have watched many of their videos, especially around police corruption/abuse. Do you know what i saw? An alternative pushing the same race baiting, political supporting rubbish as the "MSM". They were spouting the same lies as the MSM in regards to white cop on unarmed black citizens. They did exactly what alot of MSM did and push a false image of racial police brutality. They mock alex jones who basically supports republicians, Alex jones is presented as a complete crazy (Alot of which is his own doing) which in turn helps support the the MSM which pushed trump as crazy and supported hilary. I see alot of similarities between the Turks and MSM. They may push against corruption and act as though they are "for the people" but so do the Democrats so that is'nt proof of anything. MSM has lost its edge so now I believe the politicans are looking for a tight hold of "Alternative news" and an important part of this is keeping up a facade of "This is alternative news look how "for the people" we are".

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Twisting what exactly? I think you're doing the twisting because I'm doing is talking about your OP. Like I said, I'm not gonna argue the validity of hateful YouTube comments as some kind of YouTube/TYT conspiracy because that's rubbish. If you're going to ignore Likes and them having the most subscribers as proof that they're are popular then I don't don't know what to tell besides this, deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Now I know you're lying because the TYT and the MSM are not on in the same and nor are they helping the MSM. So I take it you're a Trump supporter? You still are dodging the question. I got a feeling you get most of your info from conservative sites and forums basing your opinion of the TYT from that.

Am I right?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

If you're going to ignore Likes and them having the most subscribers as proof that they're are popular then I don't don't know what to tell besides this, deny ignorance.

Lol ok. If denying ignorance is to accept what is presented to me without question you my friend are an idiot.

On a side note you have inspired me to take on a venture comparing the TYT (Alternative News) and the MSM (News). I am looking forward to this and a quick look into how I will do this has shown it really won't be that difficult to prove it using their own videos. So thank you much appreciated.

<<   2 >>

join