It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how UK Police Manage Community relations!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I just had to post this little ray of sunshine as it quite made my day! Sussex police got some stick over their show of support at the last gay pride event with their rainbow painted car, so Chief Inspector Nev Kemp decided to stick two fingers up at the "haters" and did it again only BIGGER and also painted two motorbikes as well. For me this is a cracking show of support despite the silliness over the measley cost of £420 which a couple of joe publics thought could be better spent elsewhere. I disagree!
Last year's Police Car

This year's police van!

Link

Kudos Sussex Constabulary!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
420 quid is a tiny amount for such positive coverage.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Its like the rest of the world is in the real world and England is still in Noddy Land.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Noddy Land? Well what if we are? We survive and rarely have the incidents we see on here from the USA and elsewhere so something must be working....maybe its Big Ears!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
They should send a few dozen british cops to east saint louis or detroit with their sticks just to see what would happen. That would be an interesting experience.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
What's that really going to prove? it has nothing to do with the post a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It would end up like it does at the Notting Hill Festival with the boys in blue really noticeably tipsy and dancing for hours
or popping round the neighborhoods offering boiled sweets and having a chat with a cuppa on the doorstep...can't go anywhere without our tea! And any trouble...they would just talk their way out of it all nice and polite like

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Some people have nothing better to do than find something to moan about. Gotta love the internet for giving whining arses a place to be heard....often!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Imagine what a psychological difference it makes for children. It's easy to see how all this equipment and tech that has been exported to the U.S. from theaters of war for use on our streets and against citizens might impact an entire generation of kids, post 9/11. Versus the happy van.
edit on 7/22/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

That's a damn good point actually and could well be a contributing factor to the current tensions over there

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I imagine the look on some drunk chav's face being cuffed and dragged into the back of that van would be priceless LOL.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

hahaha and if his mates videoed it! oh yes what a facebook moment for Mr Hardman!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredWreck
What's that really going to prove? it has nothing to do with the post a reply to: Bluntone22

This is about how the British police relate to the British population and how the people react.
Using the same methods in america would be an interesting experience.
I don't think the same methods would work here because the people will react differently.
that has much to do with the topic being discussed.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Noddy Land? Well what if we are? We survive and rarely have the incidents we see on here from the USA and elsewhere so something must be working....maybe its Big Ears!

Well, we will see how vehicles like these survive events, reminiscent of the Poll Tax riots or the Brixton riots.

Sending in a rainbow Noddy pick-up van into a riot, beaming out happy-feeling micro-waves into the rioters might actually work.

All we need then is Postman Pat vans handing out Court Orders to the rioters the following day.

Mid-August should be quite interesting to watch, if, as the Guardian just mentioned, 'Britain's economy shrinking at fastest rate since 2009, says survey'. A lot of people might be about to go unemployed.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Looks like an ice cream vendors van.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

If you read the article the vans are specifically for the Brighton Gay Pride Rally

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I wish our police had guns so they could shoot black people, rather than spread happiness like these weird people.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Imagine the look on the face of a hostage taker when that vehicle shows up!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

hahaha but I bet it would end any deadlock!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

hahaha but I bet it would end any deadlock!

Lol.. In all seriousness though, it is good for a dept. to be more community oriented.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join