It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Establishes a Safe Zone for Triggered Snowflake Audience - IT BEGINS....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

The title doesn't match the OP. Makes no sense. Should be in LOL.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Great, another Safe zone/snowflake/SJW thread. Was one not enough? What is the point of this topic? Simply to bash others that do not do as you do? Pathetic.

Absolutely. The collective idiocy from this whole "safe place/sjw" movement is making society crumble. Don't even get me started on the whole multiple gender phenomenon. Lot's of bigger issues in the world much more important to deal with than "He/she hurt mah feelins'!". Society is becoming as soft as McDonalds ice cream.

Sure it is. All those people who care for others and their feelings, I mean how dare they, right?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Great, another Safe zone/snowflake/SJW thread. Was one not enough? What is the point of this topic? Simply to bash others that do not do as you do? Pathetic.

Absolutely. The collective idiocy from this whole "safe place/sjw" movement is making society crumble. Don't even get me started on the whole multiple gender phenomenon. Lot's of bigger issues in the world much more important to deal with than "He/she hurt mah feelins'!". Society is becoming as soft as McDonalds ice cream.

Sure it is. All those people who care for others and their feelings, I mean how dare they, right?

You give people an inch and they will take a mile. Thing's just happen to be getting out of hand right now. I have no problem with people feeling their emotions, And i have very little tolerance for people who pick on other individuals. But you can only go so far before thing's start to become unacceptable behavior and consequence.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Site crapped out and double posted. Deleted
edit on 21-7-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I take it humour has left the building as far as America is concerned? I found the badges quite amusing

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You give people an inch and they will take a mile. Thing's just happen to be getting out of hand right now. I have no problem with people feeling their emotions, And i have very little tolerance for people who pick on other individuals.
But you can only go so far before thing's start to become unacceptable behavior and consequence.

You have a limit on caring about people's feelings then. That's fine. Not sure how it effects you when others don't.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

#manup

Rachael Maddow already has. Disgusting.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

What doesn't match?

The Idealisms?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Some people can't put two and two together. They belong in a padded safe safe space.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

What exactly are you confused about?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Satire is dead. One cannot even shame another's stupidity for fear it may hurt their feelings.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

What doesn't match?

The Idealisms?

The title and the actual video. There is no safe zone created. This is bottom barrel scraping, just because one anchor says 'some of these pins might be uncomfortable to look at'.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

What safe zone? All I see is a piece about classless conservative buttons being sold at the RNC. Ah Republicians, continuing to lower the bar when you thought it couldn't get any lower...coughTrumpcough...

So what these safe spaces?

And I wonder if the DNC crowd will be selling such offensive crap as seen in the RNC? Given that Trump is the most disliked candidate in history they definitely could have their work cut out for them at the button shop. Guess we'll find out next week.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Satire is dead. One cannot even shame another's stupidity for fear it may hurt their feelings.

Why does one feel the need to demean another? THAT is the real question.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Why does one feel the need to demean another? THAT is the real question.

It appeals to the lowest common denominator, and appealing to the lowest common denominator is lucrative. Look at the overuse of Trump's body-shaming to score political points, and in the case of the media, for clicks and views. This case is no different.

If done well, as in satire, negative reinforcement and shame is the order of the day.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I once looked at some bumper stickers that said something that I fund offensive.

It took a few years, but I am able to walk again.

Let my testimony be a warning for anyone who might be curious enough to see something that may not agree with their ideology.

I need a cleansing cry right now.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Growing up in the 80's and 90's I was always taught to seek debate, consider the big picture, invite dialogue with opposing opinions.

Wasn't that long ago.

This current generation is being taught to cower, to run and hide, to dismiss without engaging.

That will have far reaching negative consequences.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Here ya go. Let it all out.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

How can you control a population if they are free thinking and independent?

You can't.

So what do you do?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Growing up in the 80's and 90's I was always taught to seek debate, consider the big picture, invite dialogue with opposing opinions.

Wasn't that long ago.

This current generation is being taught to cower, to run and hide, to dismiss without engaging.

That will have far reaching negative consequences.

Exactly. Cogent debate has been replaced with "Yo Momma."

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join