It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House responds to petition to label Black Lives Matter a "terror" group

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

After days of violence and heightened racial tensions in the U.S., the White House responded this week to an online petition asking the federal government to formally label the Black Lives Matter movement as a "terror group."

"Terrorism is defined as 'the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims,'" read the "We The People" petition, created July 6 on the White House website. "This definition is the same definition used to declare ISIS and other groups, as terrorist organizations."

Black Lives Matter, the petition said, "earned this title due to its actions in Ferguson, Baltimore, and even at a Bernie Sanders rally, as well as all over the United States and Canada." It asked the Pentagon to recognize the group as such "on the grounds of principle, integrity, morality, and safety."

Because the online document received at least 100,000 signatures -- at the time of this reporting, it had garnered over 141,000 names -- the White House was automatically prompted to respond.

The "We the People" team noted that "The White House plays no role in designating domestic terror organizations," nor does the U.S. government "generate a list of domestic terror organizations."

Gee are we surprised? More at the link. Obviously the definition does not apply to them given their protected status.
edit on 17-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

"The White House plays no role in designating domestic terror organizations," nor does the U.S. government "generate a list of domestic terror organizations."

Huh?

I guess the keyword here is "domestic"?

*scratches head*

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

The government at work??? Seems like a bunch of slackers to me, I mean really, WTF are these idiots thinking? Or not?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Their protected status? So you believe BLM is a terrorist group?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I wouldn't be in such a hurry to call a political group terrorists because then we would see a lot of civil liberties fall on all sides. Conservative groups could be called terrorists as well.

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Aren't they? How many KKK members have you seen calling for the deaths of black cops and black people on Facebook lately? How many white people have ambushed cops in the past week? How many highways have the KKK blocked lately?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

So much butt hurt today. Maybe petition the FBI next time?

Domestic Terrorism The Sovereign Citizen Movement

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Obviously the definition does not apply to them given their protected status.

Please list their acts of terrorism. There way more groups that are terrorist like the KKK and the Army of God that has committed terrorist acts over the years that should be list before BLM.

link   
a reply to: darkbake

There are various conservative groups considered domestic terrorists.

+3 more 
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Their protected status? So you believe BLM is a terrorist group?

By the definition of terrorism, yes. The U.S. Government made the definition not me.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

"The White House plays no role in designating domestic terror organizations," nor does the U.S. government "generate a list of domestic terror organizations."

What a load of crap. Can't anyone make me think for a minute that the White House doesn't play a role in designating terrorist organizations and that the government doesn't have a list it consideres domestic terrorists.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Obviously the definition does not apply to them given their protected status.

Please list their acts of terrorism. There way more groups that are terrorist like the KKK and the Army of God that has committed terrorist acts over the years that should be list before BLM.

The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

It is in the definition.. Blocking roads and making threats is intimidation. It is a politically charged group. There are many acts of violence, but of course people will say they were not "Official" blm members. Well if that were true, they would distance themselves from that stuff, not chant and celebrate the deaths of cops. etc.. I just found the article browsing around. Dont shoot the messenger.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The very second that we place BLM into the category of Terrorist Group, we'll have lost our rights to free speech.

Are they obnoxious?

Sure.

So are dozens of other groups.

Fear and snowflake activism have turned our rights into a social media tetherball.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
What's the matter can't list all those acts of violence? Also what is the main point that BLM preaches? Racial equality. What terrorist group pushes for racial equality?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
What's the matter can't list all those acts of violence? Also what is the main point that BLM preaches? Racial equality. What terrorist group pushes for racial equality?

Just takes 1 chucked bottle from the crowd to be considered violent. There are instances of violence in almost every protest they hold. I am not going to dig up each and every video. Oh and threats are also considered violence. Here in the U.S. you get arrested for domestic violence without laying a hand on the person, if you threaten to.

Racial equality? Your right.... I wish it were equal and I could get into a school with crap scores. But I can't.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Would that be why they hate All Lives Matter? Because they fight for all equality? The very definition of their name turns away the concept of equality.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

The government at work??? Seems like a bunch of slackers to me, I mean really, WTF are these idiots thinking? Or not?

Cheers - Dave

They are thinking the general population are so goddam stupid they can do and say anything they like a no one will be the wiser

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Racial equality? Your right.... I wish it were equal and I could get into a school with crap scores. But I can't.

Now we get to the root of the matter. Still upset that you just found out that blacks have the same rights as you? Curse them for speaking out and not staying in the back of the bus.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I think the group is too fractured to be labelled as anything at the moment. I also think it would set a dangerous precedent if it was.

While I really dislike the BLM movement, it's pretty disorganized. Not all members are signing a pledge to hate whitey and cops. Many just want to voice their concern for black people being unfairly targeted by police.

While I think they're wrong about that if we look at police shootings, that doesn't make them a terrorist group.

I've seen completely peaceful BLM protests and I've also seen violent ones.

Considering my gun loving redneckery, I would just rather we don't label a group like this unless it's absolutely clear (stated goals) to suppress, kill, intimidate other groups. I really dislike BLM, but I also really dislike WBC and a number of other groups. I have family members that are dumb enough to support BLM (probably). They aren't terrorists, just highly educated and still dumb.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
BLM needs to stay the hell off the roads, or be pepper sprayed and physically removed, arrested, and fined thousands of dollars per incident/ If they refuse to pay fines put them back on the roads with their ankles chained together and work it off in a chain gang road clean up crew. Stay off the roads, dont block traffic, obey the laws, be peaceful, of pay immediatly one way or another

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join