It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Plans to Harpoon Loch Ness Monster

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This guy from the US is planning on taking his homemade submarine into the Loch Ness and firing his harpoon at any large sonar returns he gets! I guess thats one way to put the plesiosaur-giant eel-flights of fancy theories to rest! But he is not going to do it without some friction by the locals.

Gary Campbell, president of the Invernessbased Official Loch Ness Monster Fan Club, said he was amazed at Mr Taylor's attitude. "He thinks it's OK to take a home-made submarine onto one of Scotland's busiest waterways and shoot off spears at any living creature that appear on his sonar, " Mr Campbell said. "We will be organising a proper defence of Nessie and informing the relevant authorities if Taylor carried out his plans.

Full Story

[edit on 1-18-2005 by William One Sac]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
of course they're going to defend nessie. if it is finally proven that she doesn't exist, tourism will drop off dramatically.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
whether nessie does or does not exist I don't think firing off harpoons at sonar contacts through some of the mirkiest water in the world is a great idea.

Though put me down for a nessie roll with crab if he gets away with it.

Have to say I don't quite understand why you would want to hunt something like the loch ness monster down just to kill it.

This is probably why aliens are scared to death of us and continue to probe in secret.

SPiderj

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
lol, they could possible be the reason lmao.

Even if he does get his sub in the loch he will never catch nessie!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yep! Man kind at his best! Kill it if is real.......such stupidity. Half the time I am embarrassed to be a human being!

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
He shouldn't try to kill nessie but try to explore the Lochness with his submarine. He might find interesting stuff, I don't know.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I would think that shooting a tagging homing dart and then trapping it in a net would be more efficient (and in the end profitable) as well as more humane, but hey, what the hell do I know...???

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
If the local authorities wanted to take Nessie "dead or alive", they could just depth charge the loch, or throw dynamite in the water. I hope they take this dude's toy away from him until he learns to play nice with other creatures.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I definitely am going to follow this one. It will be interesting to see if they let this guy go near the water with his sub. I can picture those people in the fan club: "Bloody Americans!"

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I agree One Sac "Bloody Americans!" indeed. This Ahab wannabe is one of the reasons people think americans are a bunch of idiots.

Not that I'm not into blowing stuff up and shootin' me pistoles, but this guys ridiculous.

Yeesh. Plus we have lake monsters here and big foot, why doesn't he try shooting at one of those, what aren't we good enough?

He could go after Champ.

Spiderj

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Akchewwelly this is probably the reason they keep the existence of Bigfoot a secret, because people will want to have it mounted on their wall. And if that were true, dinosaurs, Amazon?

Mr Taylor doesn�t stand a chance

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Nessie is probably related to this animal, which you might find in Seljord, Norway.

Looks like a dino...

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Well call me the odd man out but I applaud his efforts after all a nessie corpse would prove its existance once and for all. And if one is there there must be a fairly good size populaton so its not as if the species would be hurt.
Hell if he does get one think of what it would do for tourism there? I mean kodiak island makes a fortune off of hunting permts for griaalys think how much you could charge for a nessie permit.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This guy is nuts. Obviously he believes in Nessie, yet he wants to kill it. Why?

And the locals ought to have a law protecting Nessie. You may chuckle at that, but around Lake Champlain in--I believe--Vermont, by Fort Ticonderoga, it's illegal to disturb or attempt to injure "Champ" who is their monster. That's because there have been so many sightings of Champ by trustworthy residents and leaders of the area that it is an established fact in the minds of many residents of the area that Champ does indeed exist.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I really hope this loon has power trouble wayyyy down deep in the loch. What a moron.

Take a photo, take valuum, take a hike! Don't let him kill Nessie!!!!

KEEP NESSIE NICE!!!

This will be my new battle cry...

m...

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This is all the work of a nutter!! Why try to kill something of which we dont know much about, its like saying theres an alien on that mountain over there...... so lets gat a plane and kill the alien.

The things of which we dont understand, we should study from afar, document and record. NOT KILL

you cant study a monkey by killing it can you? well you can study its anatomy but not its feeding habits or where nessie has been hiding the last 50 odd years!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Nessie is probably related to this animal, which you might find in Seljord, Norway.

Looks like a dino...

The aft sailor in the top pic just realized that all the lures in his tackle box are WAAAAAAY TOO SMALL! LONG LIVE NESSIE!!!!!

[edit on 1-23-2005 by groingrinder]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The locals are up in arms about this guy. Although to clarify he says his intent is not to kill the Loch Ness monster, but only to retrieve some tissue from it.

For over a millenia, the question of what lies beneath the murky waters of Loch Ness has baffled and enthralled those who come to it's shores.

Dan Taylor believes he can reveal the answer, but Nessie fans fear his methods are more monsterous than the mysterious animal herself.

The 64-year-old's become a local celebrity in South Carolina after building his own submarine to take into the waters at Drumnodrochit this Spring.

No-one minds another enthusiast joining the hunting pack but his plans to take a slice out of the creature with a harpoon have appalled the community.

Some video at the link: LINK

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   

"Grease me up" !!

Good luck Willie!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join